the00spartan

LETS FINISH IT

I been waiting for over a year for this game. set back after set back stay strong and recommended to friends. even forked out my own money to pledge for my friends. stop procrastinating this is getting out of control. you guys finish how many tasks in two weeks leaving a handful to be finished. 2 months later the last of the handful one task is left. now here how serious I am. I check the website tracker ever single day. EVERY DAY. you call your selves experienced team of programmers and say you hired more staff. I call BS. you guys have been working the same task for 2 weeks. one task taking 2 weeks too finish. your tracker is bull shit.  the only thing it tracks is well nothing it tracks nothing. its a made up figure of your imagination to buy more time. it means nothing. you cant finish the last user interface task but day after day we see cloths and hair styles and other BS coming out of the studio. suggestion stop developing cloths and hair and finish the module for god sake. I don't care if I cant have a mowhawk if I cant play the effing game. this is ridiculous I have spent over 400 dollars prepping for this game. and yall sitting back spending money and not providing adequate information on your current process or work to your pledgers. step it up quite all the lil BS working on stuff you don't even plan to release with the town square and finish this first module. and im sure I speak for half the community on this one. its our of control. I feel like this is another episode of NO MANS SKY. gonna be a giant flop and lawsuits out the wazoo. stop talking stop making excuses focus on what needs done now not what you plan to release next year. and get the effing game out to the thousands of individuals that have been patiently waiting for the game. end rant/ 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Just saying, the 3D modelers who are making clothes and hairstyles and more. They can’t program. So when the task at hand that is remaining for TS to release is a programming task, you can’t put the whole team to working on it. Nor can you put multiple programmers on programming one specific mechanic. Everyone writes code different and understanding someone else’s code is like learning a new language on its own. So it’s not a multiple-man task. It’s a one man task.

• Like 2

1. 1. Last Task = Programming.
  2. 2. 3D Artists can't programme and so why does it matter if they get more models out?
  3. 3. The task is being worked upon by the programmers, but like Light said, it is a 1 man task.
  4. 4. If the 3D Artists stop creating objects for the later game, it won't make the programmers complete the last task faster; in fact it will just slow down the things being made in the end when those objects are needed. If the Artists pump out their creations then it means less work to do in the end. 
  5. 5. Hope this clarifies/ helps you understand more about the current situation.
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, the00spartan said:

I been waiting for over a year for this game. set back after set back stay strong and recommended to friends. even forked out my own money to pledge for my friends. stop procrastinating this is getting out of control. you guys finish how many tasks in two weeks leaving a handful to be finished. 2 months later the last of the handful one task is left. now here how serious I am. I check the website tracker ever single day. EVERY DAY. you call your selves experienced team of programmers and say you hired more staff. I call BS. you guys have been working the same task for 2 weeks. one task taking 2 weeks too finish. your tracker is bull shit.  the only thing it tracks is well nothing it tracks nothing. its a made up figure of your imagination to buy more time. it means nothing. you cant finish the last user interface task but day after day we see cloths and hair styles and other BS coming out of the studio. suggestion stop developing cloths and hair and finish the module for god sake. I don't care if I cant have a mowhawk if I cant play the effing game. this is ridiculous I have spent over 400 dollars prepping for this game. and yall sitting back spending money and not providing adequate information on your current process or work to your pledgers. step it up quite all the lil BS working on stuff you don't even plan to release with the town square and finish this first module. and im sure I speak for half the community on this one. its our of control. I feel like this is another episode of NO MANS SKY. gonna be a giant flop and lawsuits out the wazoo. stop talking stop making excuses focus on what needs done now not what you plan to release next year. and get the effing game out to the thousands of individuals that have been patiently waiting for the game. end rant/ 

I agree completely with this, besides what the mods say. The tracker is complete BS.

3 minutes ago, akomplice said:

I agree completely with this, besides what the mods say. The tracker is complete BS.

and the sun is purple.

do you know what these two statements have in common? they are both false.
The Task tracker is not some hoax or some way to shut everyone up, there is indeed only 1 task left being apartment inventory which might just be the trickiest part yet.
The reason one task can take this long is because of the stress testing, every single bug they fix can cause another ten bugs so no the tracker is not BS

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

The tracker is bs, not because it's "a way to shut people up" in the sense that it is 100% falsified (at least I don't believe so.......) but in that it lacks clear data. You literally have to travel all over the forum to see exactly what's up and what's being worked on as well as visit 4732378267 other places to see how far along it is, and that's simply just not good practice. Which leads to multiple threads about this being made, because players are being kept in the dark due to how far spread the data is they have to get in order to know what's going on.

When ACTUAL dev blogs start being made, honest ones, ones with actual information, and the website is actually being updated with accurate and complete information, is when players will take things seriously. The tracker is just meh without all of that backing it up. Fact.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

7 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

The tracker is bs, not because it's "a way to shut people up"

Did you even read the original post? He said it was a way to buy time so i was going off from that...

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, dagtag said:

Did you even read the original post? He said it was a way to buy time so i was going off from that...

I read that, but it doesn't mean I agree with it. I didn't specifically quote anyone I was replying to, I was replying in general and touching on that point. o .o That I DO think it is BS, but NOT for the reason OP states.

1 minute ago, ShiEksdee said:

I read that, but it doesn't mean I agree with it. I didn't specifically quote anyone I was replying to, I was replying in general and touching on that point. o .o That I DO think it is BS, but NOT for the reason OP states.

Thats funny because you quoted my exact words at least you know why i was a little confused then and felt spoken to

Edited by dagtag
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, dagtag said:

Thats funny because you quoted my exact words

I know? I read the whole topic? But I wasn't replying to anyone just saying that I did think it was BS but not for OP reasons (and I quoted them too)...............o 3o

I don't see why they don't use something like Jira (they should be using this internally regardless as that's an industry wide practice) and instead of the generic tracker just link to that instead. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

the fact of the mater still stands. they are not providing any information outside of the tracker. are they showing us they are working on that specific issue. no. in their streams do they show us they are working on these issues no. thiey sit there and draw cloths and other stuff. everyone is entitled to their opinions so lets not argue. and more then one programmer can work on code at once. why suedo lines are added so others have a reference as to how the code is written. to allow one person and one person only to be the only one to know how that code is written is stupid. because then you will always need that one employee to fix your games and that opens a world of possibilities for them to screw the company over. no matter how you look at it there is a consistant lack of information period. and further more where is this new website that we are suppose to see before the game releases. they been talking for 3 months about a new website with a shop we can start buying in game items at. this new website is supposed to provide the game codes to all as well. im sorry buy the lack of visual completions is staggering. if they cant even get a website up in a timely fashion then what hope do we have that they are able to complete the game in a timely fashion. and no mater how you look at the situation they always showing us content they have no intention on releasing day one instead of showing us the content that they are working on so that we can even see a day one in sight. they need to step it up and start showing accuall content related to the day one releases instead of all the BS crap they been showing. no one cares about mohawks and boxing gloves if we cant even see a realease date. get the website up. start showing the content related to the release. cause as it stand I have 15 players and an entire twitch audience waiting for this release and 00 percent of my friends are saying if we don't see something by end of august everyone I know is gonna start asking for a refund. and no im not telling them to refund this is their decisions. frankly I think at this point the entire community that has been aware of this game for a year or more is at witts end with the constant run arounds.

17 hours ago, the00spartan said:

While i agree that there is a huge gap between the company and community i still hope they start making wise decisions and before the huge bubble bursts.  It reminds me of For Honor from Ubisoft where the community got so fed up with them not telling the truth and constantly breaking things with updates to the point they started to boycott them and not playing,  It was very powerful because it's the community behind the reason why this game existed and so bit by bit Ubi was forced to make changed and starting the weekly "Warriors Den" streams informing what's going on.  While we can't compare Ubisoft to Asylum  we can surly improve communication.  Asylum for sure does not have the resources for a weekly streams but we should get some kind of report on what is the progress,  The tracker does not reveal much, we all know that and hence why we have such a bursts of negative energy on the forum and people being upset.  They seriously need to sit down and have a conference discussion how to tackle this and i am certain they can find a solution. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, the00spartan said:

the fact of the mater still stands. they are not providing any information outside of the tracker. are they showing us they are working on that specific issue. no. in their streams do they show us they are working on these issues no. thiey sit there and draw cloths and other stuff. everyone is entitled to their opinions so lets not argue. and more then one programmer can work on code at once. why suedo lines are added so others have a reference as to how the code is written. to allow one person and one person only to be the only one to know how that code is written is stupid. because then you will always need that one employee to fix your games and that opens a world of possibilities for them to screw the company over. no matter how you look at it there is a consistant lack of information period. and further more where is this new website that we are suppose to see before the game releases. they been talking for 3 months about a new website with a shop we can start buying in game items at. this new website is supposed to provide the game codes to all as well. im sorry buy the lack of visual completions is staggering. if they cant even get a website up in a timely fashion then what hope do we have that they are able to complete the game in a timely fashion. and no mater how you look at the situation they always showing us content they have no intention on releasing day one instead of showing us the content that they are working on so that we can even see a day one in sight. they need to step it up and start showing accuall content related to the day one releases instead of all the BS crap they been showing. no one cares about mohawks and boxing gloves if we cant even see a realease date. get the website up. start showing the content related to the release. cause as it stand I have 15 players and an entire twitch audience waiting for this release and 00 percent of my friends are saying if we don't see something by end of august everyone I know is gonna start asking for a refund. and no im not telling them to refund this is their decisions. frankly I think at this point the entire community that has been aware of this game for a year or more is at witts end with the constant run arounds.

Just because one programmer is working on fixing the remaining task doesn't mean that programmer is the only one that knows how it works. A lot of times it isn't a good use of resources to have more than one person trying to fix a code issue, and the person fixing it isn't necessarily going to be the person that wrote it either.

I have yet to work with another programmer on fixing a code issue outside of asking them to take a look at something for a few minutes for a fresh perspective. To be entirely honest it would be a waste of their time for another developer to be working on the issue full time with me.

I'm speaking from experience by the way, I've been in software development for about three years now

Edited by patrick68794
  • ver.1.22474487139 1