Saint6

This is pointless. . .

That disconnect is why I have been hesitating on backing (I do want to, but I'm waiting for a lil more substance). I'm lurking because supposedly things are supposed to ramp up, according to one of the developers, but I'm at least waiting until the pledges show what I'll get for supporting the project before I go shelling out money. xD I've seen too many red flags with this project to even think of doing otherwise. I am excited about TS release, but I feel I'd be foolish to buy anything other than a standard pass without the products pledges page is updated with some images of what goes to what.

I want the game to succeed though! And I understand these devs are new to making their own full games, and I know it's a difficult undertaking and risky with being so ambitious. But they've just GOT to understand that dev-to-playerbase communication is everything in indie crowdfunded games.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Eriberto said:

YOU ARE THE POST 21,000!!

more posts more encouragement, what have they really been doing this entire time? They didn't build the engine from scratch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

Do I win something?

Or are you just counting?

Counting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Saint6 said:

I've been a VIP backer for a year and a half now. . .  I know some others have been backing for longer than that.  So far what I'm seeing is a major disconnect between the developers and the backers.  We've been delayed far too long, and we don't even know what we're backing yet.  There's been "small" "game-play" videos, but no actual "fruit."  I am now getting to the point where I feel like I've been waiting too long for too little, and considering refunding.  I don't necessarily want to go that route, because I am excited, and have been, to see what Asylum has to offer.   But, Asylum was supposed to start "sharing" more with us, and I feel as they haven't met that expectation.  Yes, there's been videos and streams of development, but I've gotta say it's far too little far too late.  We haven't seen ANY of the content that we've been backing for, with the exception of the incredibly small video's which have been released relating to Town Square, and a horribly scripted RP meth lab shootout.  Not to mention the TS module tracker that goes days without being updated. . .  I don't mean to rant, but what's going on Asylum, what are we waiting for, and how much longer can we expect to be delayed?  So far it's been pretty redundant, standby and wait to standby and wait longer, oh and by the way. . .  Since we've delayed twice already, we're not gonna inform you (the players and backers) when to expect the NEXT delay. . .  Asylum, the least you could do, is show us what our pledge's contain and give us a timeline of when we can expect to see the TS module.  And to be clear, I'm not counting "place-holder" assets.  Please Asylum, give us something to feed us, I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.

I am not trying to be mean or anything but you didnt pay for a product, you helped back a project. If you cant handle delays and even more delays then maybe you shouldnt have backed in the first place... As i stated before i m not trying to be mean but there are a lot of people who think they paid for a product, people like these actually give the developers a hard time by first giving their money and then taking that away again...

• Like 4

DAGTAG, I get that but the reality is. . .  This "project," was supposed to have been partially launched (TS module) twice already, and it's been continually delayed.  In the working world, when there's a dead line, if it's not met, it's completely unacceptable.  That deadline has been missed twice, and we still have no update on when to expect a working concept. All I'm asking for, is the door to be opened between the Devs and the Backers.  If we had an idea of when to expect TS, there wouldn't be any issues at all. 

6 hours ago, Saint6 said:

DAGTAG, I get that but the reality is. . .  This "project," was supposed to have been partially launched (TS module) twice already, and it's been continually delayed.  In the working world, when there's a dead line, if it's not met, it's completely unacceptable.  That deadline has been missed twice, and we still have no update on when to expect a working concept. All I'm asking for, is the door to be opened between the Devs and the Backers.  If we had an idea of when to expect TS, there wouldn't be any issues at all. 

Opened door where? Since blog posts ,streams, the tracker and discord clearly isn't enough.(I personally do not know if they have a twitter or a facebook. If they do then there would be more there as well.) So I ask again open door where?  About delays this argument would be great if we were not in the video game world since delays happen there all the time. (Need a example Witcher 3 was delayed not once but two times. Need a rough list of video games that have been delayed then here is a link to a list https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/psykhophear/lists/delayed-video-games/26503/)

An lets go into the tracker hasn't change much because the tasks are not done.(Did this really need to be said?) Small videos of the town square can be said because of what is in town square. There is not much because it is just a social module. Kinda like imvu and second life or sansar.(Second life with out the custom stuff players created.).  Why not shown much of the future stuff because it isn't done or started yet. Again all this stuff is logical why it is or isn't. Not even sure why I need to point this stuff out at all.  

You can feel one way or another that is fine. Just at times I do not know what is expected here. Does not help when people just say they want more but not say what more or how more they want. (If you do not list in detail what is expected how do you expect that to be fulfilled?) 

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 1

Pretty sure I already covered this. . . but I'll try again.  More meaning, a time-line of when we can expect the release of the TS module because the Task Tracker doesn't share this information. . .  and more meaning, what our pledges actually contain, the cars, apartments, the motorbikes, the sports cars, and garages etc. . .  and I will also re-iterate, I'm not speaking of "place-holder" assets.  Do I need to spell it out any further?  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

Pretty sure I already covered this. . . but I'll try again.  More meaning, a time-line of when we can expect the release of the TS module because the Task Tracker doesn't share this information. . .  and more meaning, what our pledges actually contain, the cars, apartments, the motorbikes, the sports cars, and garages etc. . .  and I will also re-iterate, I'm not speaking of "place-holder" assets.  Do I need to spell it out any further?  

They have shown the apartments and even the cars.  They have even shown detailed layouts on there plans for how they will look even.(They showed blog posts and streams. You can even find pictures in the pined topics.)  Garages though they have not shown anything of from what I understand though.  

Well they can't share that information you ask about when it is suppose to launch because here is the thing. That is a guess and will always be a guess for any developer. So if any bug or anything happens that was unexpected it can delay to what they guessed on.(Yes you can call them educated guesses but they are still a guess.)

So if they are incorrect on when it comes out again would you be mad or upset? If the answer is yes to this then there is no reason for them to even list a time frame.(Which they shouldn't of done before in my opinion. At least not until they were already done with everything and are happy with it. Which is something they didn't seem to do last time.)

Edited by Xzothi

It was my understanding, that the original pictures of the cars and assets were all temporary placeholder assets, until they can model them.  I am pretty sure they even said that stuff was placeholder.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saint6 said:

It was my understanding, that the original pictures of the cars and assets were all temporary placeholder assets, until they can model them.  I am pretty sure they even said that stuff was placeholder.

I was specifically told some of these were placeholders. By the moderator. Even if not, images or better descriptions are needed ON THE PLEDGES PAGE. I'm tired of dumpster diving to find scraps of what I'm supposedly going to pay for. > .<

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

I was specifically told some of these were placeholders. By the moderator. Even if not, images or better descriptions are needed ON THE PLEDGES PAGE. I'm tired of dumpster diving to find scraps of what I'm supposedly going to pay for. > .<

I agree these photos and images should be on the pledge page and not just the forums and twitch streams.  Do note they were concepts not placeholders there is a difference there. (They even say as such they are concepts.) 

3 hours ago, Saint6 said:

Okay they are listed as concepts not placeholder there is a difference there. You just said no placeholder not no concepts.  Why are they concepts? Well because they are not rendered in engine. If you want a screenshot fully rendered in engine that that would be a different request completely.(Do note just when you do get one fully rendered in engine. It doesn't mean it is the final version of what it will be in the finished game version of the game.)  An that is something they have yet to show off. (They did say they planed to later. They did also say somethings they want you to discover. So which one will they hold them selfs to I wonder.) 

Edited by Xzothi

I'm pretty sure the person said the design was subject to changes or something when they showed me, meaning they'd look possibly different. They said I should wait for some "updated" images, or something like that, but I never saw them if there were any.

I could be mis-remembering, but yeah.

On 7/23/2018 at 3:33 PM, Eriberto said:

YOU ARE THE POST 21,000!!

Honestly we should have a thread somewhere counting the amount of posts people make about "This is a scam" "Game is delayed AGAIN" "Look, I love the game but listen guys this has got to stop" like seriously its a broken record xD These people act like the devs arent aware, with all the people screaming helplessly on the forum about it of course they know.

• Like 1

Valtorix, apparently you didn't read any of the post. . . or any of the responses people have put in.  If you don't want to discuss where Asylum could grow, then you don't have to. . .

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 7/23/2018 at 8:57 PM, Saint6 said:

I've been a VIP backer for a year and a half now. . .  I know some others have been backing for longer than that.  So far what I'm seeing is a major disconnect between the developers and the backers.  We've been delayed far too long, and we don't even know what we're backing yet.  There's been "small" "game-play" videos, but no actual "fruit."  I am now getting to the point where I feel like I've been waiting too long for too little, and considering refunding.  I don't necessarily want to go that route, because I am excited, and have been, to see what Asylum has to offer.   But, Asylum was supposed to start "sharing" more with us, and I feel as they haven't met that expectation.  Yes, there's been videos and streams of development, but I've gotta say it's far too little far too late.  We haven't seen ANY of the content that we've been backing for, with the exception of the incredibly small video's which have been released relating to Town Square, and a horribly scripted RP meth lab shootout.  Not to mention the TS module tracker that goes days without being updated. . .  I don't mean to rant, but what's going on Asylum, what are we waiting for, and how much longer can we expect to be delayed?  So far it's been pretty redundant, standby and wait to standby and wait longer, oh and by the way. . .  Since we've delayed twice already, we're not gonna inform you (the players and backers) when to expect the NEXT delay. . .  Asylum, the least you could do, is show us what our pledge's contain and give us a timeline of when we can expect to see the TS module.  And to be clear, I'm not counting "place-holder" assets.  Please Asylum, give us something to feed us, I know I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Refund the VIP man. get a smaller package. You worked and saved those $500. And you put it into something you believed thats worth it. If you reached the point that you can no longer wait, just take the refund. Thats what I did.
Devs need to understand that people who paid are waiting the product. 
Dev Blogger need to understand that people who paid want more dev blogs and info.
The whole Identity Team NEEDS to understand that the BACKERS, who supported their vision, deserved to had something till now.

@Saint6go get your refund man. Spend it somewhere else. If you want awesome RPG with more things than Identity just download FiveM. 

the amount of delays this game has had from its town square model to apparently almost being done many  months ago same excuses over and over i only come on here each month to see there delay reason and move on 

iv'e seen fan made projects have more features and what not on you tube for a high school project made in 1000x less time, go look up some unreal or whatever videos of fans making scenes that look exactly like identity 

yo they can't even get the town square module done  in time and been delayed 100 times how do you expect to develop a full map and add all the planned features and back end mechanics  when there having trouble with the basics now lmao 

this game is going to be stomping land 2.0  but worse.. 

enjoy all the delay boys it will get there eventually but when it does come release time and they start getting everyone crash reports and hard ware problems and whatever else you wanna hope there actual developers and not just people who are fans of life mods and thought it would be cool and easy to make there own game after messing around in unreal engine for there first time and thought how easy it is to make nice looking rendered scenes lol 

you guys saw emergencyNYC game right years ago how they did there video looking really good graphical wise and game play back in 2013 they didn't hit early access for years latter and you know what happen they had to start from stratch and the graphics they showed off in there videos early on looking nothing at all like it did in the end not to mention all the features they showed off didn't exsist when they hit alpha lmao 

I can see it happen here now to lmao.

and if by chance they pull off a  in 6 years time and this game actually exist and looks as good as the promo videos with all its planned features then holly shit you will blow my mind 

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

the amount of delays this game has had from its town square model to apparently almost being done many  months ago same excuses over and over i only come on here each month to see there delay reason and move on 

iv'e seen fan made projects have more features and what not on you tube for a high school project made in 1000x less time, go look up some unreal or whatever videos of fans making scenes that look exactly like identity 

yo they can't even get the town square module done  in time and been delayed 100 times how do you expect to develop a full map and add all the planned features and back end mechanics  when there having trouble with the basics now lmao 

this game is going to be stomping land 2.0  but worse.. 

enjoy all the delay boys it will get there eventually but when it does come release time and they start getting everyone crash reports and hard ware problems and whatever else you wanna hope there actual developers and not just people who are fans of life mods and thought it would be cool and easy to make there own game after messing around in unreal engine for there first time and thought how easy it is to make nice looking rendered scenes lol 

you guys saw emergencyNYC game right years ago how they did there video looking really good graphical wise and game play back in 2015 and all befor that time  they didn't hit early access for years latter and you know what happen they had to start from stratch and the graphics they showed off in there videos early on looking nothing at all like it did in the end not to mention all the features they showed off didn't exsist when they hit alpha lmao 

I can see it happen here now to lmao.

and if by chance they pull off a  in 6 years time and this game actually exist and looks as good as the promo videos with all its planned features then holly shit you will blow my mind 

This is what emergancyNYC looked like in 2015 

when they where doing  there promo shit etc like IDENTITY is doing i suggest going on steam and having a look at there progress yea it doesn't look any where near like this (oh and its been in early access for awhile now to) when it first hit it was bad lmao.. 

so idenity been in what development for 3-4 years apparently 

and still doesn't have a basic town square module 

i made this comment ages ago about there delays 

(insert month and months of work befor theses dates ) 

Posted August 28, 2017
"One of our top priorities right now is to give all of you who have been waiting a glimpse of real gameplay in a video. Identity's funding and progress has exploded since we showed you the workings of the housing and apartment systems on YouTube, and now we want you to see vehicles, drug production and weapon systems.

I can't promise any dates on this video, but it'll be soon. In fact, I expect you to watch this video before you receive the next dev blog. This coming video is sort of a catalyst, and I can't wait to show you what's in store after it."

Posted October 12, 2017
"We wanted to give you a glimpse of the game development process and have been streaming on Twitch to show you how it's done. Four hour (or more) long streams have gone live since my last dev blog; keep an eye on Identity's Twitter for future stream announcements. We try to have at least one development stream per week.

As a fan of Identity, one of the things you're going to enjoy most is the flurry of videos which will be coming soon showing off the social features of the Town Square. For a simple social module, there's a good bit of fun things to do!"

Posted December 1, 2017
"With our expanding development team, we're able to focus our efforts in more areas of Identity's development. With vehicle and weapon systems now getting attention, we're once again progressing towards a short but feature packed gameplay video for you guys to check out. "

Posted December 23, 2017
With the Town Square development moving along, we're not far off from showing the world real Identity gameplay! Like I said up there, January is going to be a big month. For us in the studio, we're excited to get our hands on a few new technology demos that might have a huge impact on Identity! For our fans, January is going to be the month you see the first true world gameplay video. Not only that, but soon after we're looking to release a Town Square trailer! Keep your eyes out on Identity's Twitter and Facebook.

(another 4 weeks passes.) 

February 13th (finally the video) we got 

fast forward month after month after month 

now where on 25th of 07 2018 

lol yea good luck to theses guys 

Edited by Joe

I totally agree with you @Joe. The sad thing is that, those who noticed that this game is never coming out, quickly applied for refund. The bad thing, is that the community is so hyped for the game, that they became ignorant. Many projects, such this, are being backed by many. But the sad reality is that only very few manage to reach a release stage, and identity is not one of them. 
 I am not a hater btw, i loved the idea of the game. But the wrong company is behind the wheel. The best option is if another company buys the game and finish it.

Edited by Plumis
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Plumis said:

I totally agree with you @Joe. The sad thing is that, those who noticed that this game is never coming out, quickly applied for refund. The bad thing, is that the community is so hyped for the game, that they became ignorant. Many projects, such this, are being backed by many. But the sad reality is that only very few manage to reach a release stage, and identity is not one of them. 
 I am not a hater btw, i loved the idea of the game. But the wrong company is behind the wheel. The best option is if another company buys the game and finish it.

And you can predict the future? No, you cant, you are being totally pessimistic. Yeah the game has had bumps and blablabla but first of all, the TS is close to release and there is already being worked on the second module, these modules also take less time. So this game will probably release even when they have had delays. Because there are always those who know the risk of backing a game and dont refund with the slightest problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dagtag said:

And you can predict the future? No, you cant, you are being totally pessimistic. Yeah the game has had bumps and blablabla but first of all, the TS is close to release and there is already being worked on the second module, these modules also take less time. So this game will probably release even when they have had delays. Because there are always those who know the risk of backing a game and dont refund with the slightest problem.

@dagtagenjoy the game mate. See ya in 2021 when GTA 6 gets released. Winter is coming btw, lets hope your woolen fleece will keep u warm.

I totally get frustration with the information not coming out quickly. I have been a supporter of two other games. EQ Next and EQOA Revival. EQ Next... Cancelled and never released the game. Just because they didn't want to finish the project. Every backer lost their money. I don't see that happening here. We should give the Developers support and stop beating them up. Its not easy writing code. EQOA Revival is a much longer pain staking task.. it has been going on for 4 years and we don't see a playable game coming for at least another 3-5 years.

14 hours ago, Saint6 said:

Valtorix, apparently you didn't read any of the post. . . or any of the responses people have put in.  If you don't want to discuss where Asylum could grow, then you don't have to. . .

So fuckin' hopeless its hilarious xD