Kubert

This might be one of the last DEV TASKS REMAINING posts!!

urBsknc.png

It really seems to be close now guys!!!

only 1 task left and already "in testing"

Cant wait :)

What do you think, is this the final stage?

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

Seeing as the last one took around 3-4 weeks, I would hedge a bet on late august, early september for this.

However, I genuinely don't think this tracker has anything to do with actual development... It has just given the devs control over a release date without having to give an actual date. 

There has been 0 transparency in what any of these tasks actually are/were - They probably do not correlate to anything - more just something to keep people interested and talking about the game.

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

23 minutes ago, wiebley said:

There has been 0 transparency in what any of these tasks actually are/were - They probably do not correlate to anything - more just something to keep people interested and talking about the game.

Yes, there has been more detailed information handed out on the remaining tasks. Via Discord, via Twitch, and even on the forums here and there. You really ought to look around first, before making statements.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

43 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Yes, there has been more detailed information handed out on the remaining tasks. Via Discord, via Twitch, and even on the forums here and there. You really ought to look around first, before making statements.

In fairness, he really shouldn't have to when on an official website of the company... discord, twitch and community forums aren't official outputs of information for any company. You don't have professional companies sending out official memos via twitter now do you?

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

45 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

In fairness, he really shouldn't have to when on an official website of the company... discord, twitch and community forums aren't official outputs of information for any company. You don't have professional companies sending out official memos via twitter now do you?

This. This right here is my issue. Everything should be organized in a place where people don't have to dig through a myriad of media outlets to get the entire information on this game. > .<

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

3 hours ago, Genesai said:

Fair enough, most people dont have the time to be logging onto discord and checking the twitch channels... Why make it that hard? why not communicate with people more directly?

21 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

Official to who? Game company's release information in twitter often even digital company's when they talk to there community. Last I checked we are not a part of this company so official memos to each other we do not have access to them. Why would we? We after all are not a official part of the company. 

A good deal of developers in the video game industry  do not talk directly on the forums. They use other outlets to speak to there community. If they even speak to there community directly at all.  A good deal of times only information you get is from interviews.  Yet here we got everything on the forums pined that you can find if you want to look. Even a twitch clip discovery and Q&A post as well. All in one place.   I can't say that for other video games where they do not have anything in one directory to find it all. 

Why are we putting Identity on such a high pedestal compared to other game developers? They get a pass but identity doesn't?  Shouldn't it be no one gets a pass? 

Edited by Xzothi

22 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

The President does... 

• ver.1.22474487139 2

20 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Official to who? Game company's release information in twitter often even digital company's when they talk to there community. Last I checked we are not a part of this company so official memos to each other we do not have access to them. Why would we? We after all are not a official part of the company. 

A good deal of developers in the video game industry  do not talk directly on the forums. They use other outlets to speak to there community. If they even speak to there community directly at all.  A good deal of times only information you get is from interviews.  Yet here we got everything on the forums pined that you can find if you want to look. Even a twitch clip discovery and Q&A post as well. All in one place.   I can't say that for other video games where they do not have anything in one directory to find it all. 

Why are we putting Identity on such a high pedestal compared to other game developers? They get a pass but identity doesn't?  Shouldn't it be no one gets a pass? 

I feel you're arguing for the sake of arguing... However... I'll bite.

My comment wasn't directed at us, the community, being a part of their company. It was directed at the fact their information is and always has been scattered to the wind. I do know that Asylum are taking this issue seriously, which is why post TS release, they're looking to address the issue.

Games developers that have their own community forums (mostly all of them), often engage through their community with Announcements, when there's something to announce. In most circumstances, the developers already have a game released, or the development is behind closed doors. It isn't a crowd-funded project, therefore does not require transparency.
Asylum are currently operating behind closed curtains and it's like there's an un-lidded blender behind that curtain - unless you're looking in all directions at once, you're going to miss some of the information flying out at all angles when it's switched on. The simple solution to that is to remove the curtain, and have everyone looking at the blender in all its chaos so everyone can see what's going on, and what's flying out.

Bad analogy aside...

Asylum aren't being put on a pedestal... and other developers aren't getting a pass. The only other major crowd-funded game that's made by a company and not a bunch of individuals is Star Citizen... and I'm pretty sure that got slated for like 3 years because it was behind schedule and updates weren't being released often enough. More to the point though; if you compare RSI to Asylum (despite their budget being far greater now), they have constant announcements and all their media published direct to their website landing-page, and asylum don't do that.

• Like 3

I don't want to be a pessimist here guys, but one task left on this funny little tracker thingy doesn't necessarily mean the TS relase is gonna happen soon. Just saying.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

I feel you're arguing for the sake of arguing... However... I'll bite.

My comment wasn't directed at us, the community, being a part of their company. It was directed at the fact their information is and always has been scattered to the wind. I do know that Asylum are taking this issue seriously, which is why post TS release, they're looking to address the issue.

Games developers that have their own community forums (mostly all of them), often engage through their community with Announcements, when there's something to announce. In most circumstances, the developers already have a game released, or the development is behind closed doors. It isn't a crowd-funded project, therefore does not require transparency.
Asylum are currently operating behind closed curtains and it's like there's an un-lidded blender behind that curtain - unless you're looking in all directions at once, you're going to miss some of the information flying out at all angles when it's switched on. The simple solution to that is to remove the curtain, and have everyone looking at the blender in all its chaos so everyone can see what's going on, and what's flying out.

Bad analogy aside...

Asylum aren't being put on a pedestal... and other developers aren't getting a pass. The only other major crowd-funded game that's made by a company and not a bunch of individuals is Star Citizen... and I'm pretty sure that got slated for like 3 years because it was behind schedule and updates weren't being released often enough. More to the point though; if you compare RSI to Asylum (despite their budget being far greater now), they have constant announcements and all their media published direct to their website landing-page, and asylum don't do that.

Arguing for the sake of arguing? Why because I disagree with you? You the one who referenced the whole official information about a company nonsense.  An you are putting on a higher pedestal why? Because it is crowdfunded so it must be the way you see it. As the ones that are not get a pass. 

An again most of the posts if not all posts on forums of other games it is the community managers it is the moderators that post information not the developers them self. You know like they have done here.  Yes they have done posts here and so have the moderators. They even steam where you can ask questions.  An you can find all this information from the posts in these forums in the sticky threads. 

This game I wouldn't call it major crowd funded either. 1million doesn't last long when they got to pay for a office and employees.(Not many last I have heard it was like what 20.)  Something we have no clue on is if that 1 million counts for refunds. 

Oh and by the way they are other crowd funding games out there. LIke Mordhau, Ashes of Creation, Elite Dangerous, StarFighter Inc and Descendant Underground just to name a few.  Not all of them have the same kinda coverage for developer conversations or have the same avenue. 

To me seems way to often people hold one game higher standers then any other. I seen it often in many forums where only this game that game should do this or do that. Yet this other game can do this and not need to do that just because.  Shouldn't they all get the same treatment? An shouldn't all games be more open with there development? So what is advertised we get. 

they won't soon, but i assume they also only started it recently since the other task was done. Since that task took weeks, i bet this task will also take weeks, so it might be done at the end of august. 

15 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Arguing for the sake of arguing? Why because I disagree with you? You the one who referenced the whole official information about a company nonsense.  An you are putting on a higher pedestal why? Because it is crowdfunded so it must be the way you see it. As the ones that are not get a pass. 

Ignored the rest of your post because your three points here clearly demonstrates that you didn't read a single response I gave you before... so not sure why you'd expect me to read all your post if you're not going to see reason.
Asylum have acknowledged the issue, therefore there is an issue whether you see it or not. I've already answered your other questions.

Yes, arguing for the sake of arguing. You're on multiple topics arguing with people who are saying there's a communication issue, yet despite being told by several people continuously there is an issue, you just move onto the next topic to argue with someone else.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Theezakj said:

they won't soon, but i assume they also only started it recently since the other task was done. Since that task took weeks, i bet this task will also take weeks, so it might be done at the end of august. 

I really doubt that they didn't have people working both issues at the same time. That generally isn't how development works with a decent sized team.

It's probably just a more complex issue that they're testing with a lot of use cases and/or they actually found something wrong and are making changes, which would then require full regression testing (testing all of the game mechanics, UI, etc.) with each internal build.

I am just going to forget about it until I get that email or see it on you tube or something.

• Like 1