Blackcobalt

I'M NEW TO IDENTITY

Hello

I'm new to the forums and Identity. I like the concept of the game from what I've seen and read in the last few days. And yet I don't know a great deal of what the game offers or the goal of Identity when relating to players exploring the world of Identity. Is Identity a sandbox mmo that allows the players to build and run the server as they see fit. Are there resources supporting a player to be anything they choose to be in Identity. Does Identity support decay player crafted items to rot over time.

I have a lot of questions I hope some players can explain what Identity is and what it can offer for a player like myself.

I do know that unofficial servers can be created and maintained by a player, and they'll dictate how that server is run. There are a few hardcore RP-only servers-in-planning already.

There will also be official severs, though!

"Be anything" is half-plausible I guess. I know that painters, writers, transport services, farmers, etc. will exist, but there's also some talk of how dancers won't be in-game. I wonder if they'll make a way to own your own dancer-type club. So there's a wide variety of things you can do and be, but I don't know about "anything".

I'm unsure about the last question. I'll let someone else answer that one.

6 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

I do know that unofficial servers can be created and maintained by a player, and they'll dictate how that server is run.

The player pays for a server which is maintained by the developers, that's how it will work.

On 20/07/2018 at 9:12 PM, Blackcobalt said:

Is Identity a sandbox mmo that allows the players to build and run the server as they see fit.

Think you need to clarify that... run the server? You mean players messing around with the server config or you mean tools like elections, laws and player driven economics?

If you decide to run a private server, there are lots of customization options. Check the Twitch clips directory here...

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, Blackcobalt said:

Hello

I'm new to the forums and Identity. I like the concept of the game from what I've seen and read in the last few days. And yet I don't know a great deal of what the game offers or the goal of Identity when relating to players exploring the world of Identity. Is Identity a sandbox mmo that allows the players to build and run the server as they see fit. Are there resources supporting a player to be anything they choose to be in Identity. Does Identity support decay player crafted items to rot over time.

I have a lot of questions I hope some players can explain what Identity is and what it can offer for a player like myself.

First of all, welcome! Happy to have new people around! :D I'm not the most knowledgeable on this subject, but I will try my best to answer. Take my words with a grain of salt, please.

1.Identity is MMO, with a large town/city and rural areas to explore. There is no major building, but we will get to place furniture inside our homes and plant crops in certain areas. There is no free building like in Minecraft.

2. Many jobs will be supported, such as businessmen/women, cops, criminals, politicians, firefighters, hunters, farmers, and so on. However, more mundane jobs, such as a janitor, dancer, or cashier, will not be supported. The careers we will get to select will have to be something prominent, as the devs want to make sure all jobs are fun. Jobs will not be in the Town Square module set to release soon. We are not able to test out jobs yet.

3. Certain items, like food, may decay. I don't believe a shirt will decay, nor would a piece of furniture. They may add that later, but as of right now, it's never been stated items would decay.

4. To give my best summary of Identity, it is a MMO with over 300 players and a large landscape where every player contributes to the economy and world. Players will get to pick any job they like (with the politicians being exempt, as we must be elected) and earn money to buy items such as clothing and furniture. It is very much a roleplaying game, along with cops and robbers elements, and any townie-type game. Everyone is able to kill one another, but not without severe consequences. This game tries to stick close to real life, so for casuals who want to enjoy some deep roleplay, it's a dream come true.

On 7/20/2018 at 5:12 PM, Blackcobalt said:

Hello

leave while you can

11 hours ago, jaylenclyde said:

leave while you can

Is that really the way to greet a new person, he just got here and you are already telling him to get out, just because you dont believe in this game doesnt mean others dont