BigJoe

Prison Suggestions

From what i was told you can only go to prison for 45 minutes but you can stay longer if you choose. What i personally think is that this time should be adjusted mainly because a person that commits triple homicide should have to stay in longer like for example 3 days and i'm not talking about  in game days im talking irl days which only counts when you're in game, for example lets say i play 5 hours a day serving a 3 day period id be in prison for close to 14 days irl. This makes it so people fear to go to prison or they tend to be more careful so they don't get caught. 

LMK what you guys think because i think this should be a thing 

• Like 3

Definitely say it has to depend on what activities are available at the prison. If the only thing to do there is stand in a prison cell and talk to other inmates then 60-minute cap in fine enough. However, if there are some form of prison activities then might expand it to a 120-minute cap. Generally, anything longer than that can cause a disinterest to the server. Although I have seen some communities that have to go an unlimited cap to work for them where people had to serve almost 800 minutes for the most serious of offenses.

6 hours ago, BigJoe said:

From what i was told you can only go to prison for 45 minutes but you can stay longer if you choose.

1. 1. That time is for testing purposes. Yes it is maximum 45 minutes right now, but the devs are using it as a testing purpose to then choose the right amount of time after testing.
1 hour ago, xRicky said:

Definitely say it has to depend on what activities are available at the prison. If the only thing to do there is stand in a prison cell and talk to other inmates then 60-minute cap in fine enough. However, if there are some form of prison activities then might expand it to a 120-minute cap. Generally, anything longer than that can cause a disinterest to the server. Although I have seen some communities that have to go an unlimited cap to work for them where people had to serve almost 800 minutes for the most serious of offenses.

1. 2. Prison in Identity is like a whole another game on it's own. Also if the timer stays low, would you bother trying to break friends out of prison because I personally 95% of people won't bother doing a planned jail break because 1 hour/ 2 hours are very low and not worth it. 
  2. 3. You can court appeal your case which you have to convince the jury that you are innocent. Getting a court case sorted probably will take longer than expected and by that time, you could already be out because your timer is up.
  3. 4. Note: a lot of this is my opinion
  • Like 3

I will leave and join another server if I get a sentence longer than 20 minutes, even if I can play duck duck goose with other prisoners or shank them. Along with that, if there's community servers you can bet that a lot of them will give 'reduced' sentences for server donations. And even worse, this'll just make the actual dedicated players - who would go as far as wasting time in a virtual time-out corner - ultra-blood thirsty and make them wipe out every cop that gets close. 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:56 PM, BigJoe said:

From what i was told you can only go to prison for 45 minutes but you can stay longer if you choose. What i personally think is that this time should be adjusted mainly because a person that commits triple homicide should have to stay in longer like for example 3 days and i'm not talking about  in game days im talking irl days which only counts when you're in game, for example lets say i play 5 hours a day serving a 3 day period id be in prison for close to 14 days irl. This makes it so people fear to go to prison or they tend to be more careful so they don't get caught. 

LMK what you guys think because i think this should be a thing 

Being jailed for that time would make people quit the game and not get back on. Making the prison times longer would mean people will just prefer to die instead, which will always happen because the death timer won't be 45 minutes. Also crimes tend to add up, generally you won't be arrested for one homicide, you'll be arrested for evading, robbery, multiple homicides to avoid arrest, ect. Going to jail for more than like 45 minutes is excessive, 45 minutes is fine because thats enough time for it to matter, but still not too much time so I can just go make myself a sandwich and watch some TV or do something else and leave my PC on if I don't feel like doing whatever minigame they have for prison, which I have a feeling its going to be a bunch of people just talking/trolling because what else do you have to do.

Prison has always been a bit of a failure in Altis Life. The prison sentences never really discouraged players from committing crimes, and the times associated, if they had the extended sentences they often bitched and left the servers to go play somewhere else.
Very few players waited out their time.

In the server I developed, I had morality. If you worked hard at mining rocks and producing cement (for the Port Authority service workers to use for free in repairing the city), you received good morality. If you simply waited out your time, you received a small bonus to good morality and if you escaped you received bad morality. Depending on your morality gave your players different unlocks throughout so this allowed for players to think about their actions and kept a lot of players from breaking out.
The location of the prison was simply the island in the middle of the Gulf in the middle (Myrisinki I think it was called). The island is about a 15-20 minute swim so if players didn't arrange for a friend to pick them up, they'd be swimming for a long time in escaping anyway, and then would have to run to the nearest car dealership / player owned garage to not be stranded in a place where cops could easily re-capture them.

For identity, depending on how the prison system works will depend on how long the sentences need to be. It wouldn't need to be something as serious as keeping players locked in for 72 hours total, but likewise should be something that deters players from committing crimes in the first place. Ultimately, this all comes down to how players keep hold of their money, income and possessions and whether the crimes committed are worth the risk or not.

• Like 1

This is a very stupid idea in my opinion.

Prison for 72 hours is insane, it's a game after all and you shouldn't be AFK for hours upon hours just to be able to play again because obviously no one is going to wait it out.

The 45 minute max sounds good.

10 minutes ago, Lonny said:

This is a very stupid idea in my opinion.

Prison for 72 hours is insane, it's a game after all and you shouldn't be AFK for hours upon hours just to be able to play again because obviously no one is going to wait it out.

The 45 minute max sounds good.

A lot of people would it’s not gta or arma life after all. 

Especially if there are things to do thank god for private servers

9 hours ago, Des8559 said:

A lot of people would it’s not gta or arma life after all. 

Especially if there are things to do thank god for private servers

I'm sure that the average person wouldn't spend 72 hours idling in a game just to regain the ability to play.

I don't think you should say that Identity is not GTA or Arma Life because after all it's a mixture of both with their own personal touch.

1 hour ago, Lonny said:

I'm sure that the average person wouldn't spend 72 hours idling in a game just to regain the ability to play.

I don't think you should say that Identity is not GTA or Arma Life because after all it's a mixture of both with their own personal touch.

They have said there will be things to do and it should make breaking the law a danger. 

It really really isnt isn’t a mixture of both one is a nightmare of explosive ridiculous vehicles. The other is a mil sim mod that isn’t great but best there is. This game is a custom built mmorpg

I have played on quite a few altis life servers and i found the prison time as a good way to raise the excitement when doing crimes. My longest sentence was about an hour for several gas station robberys. I think an hour with bail(expensive one) is ok for the worst crimes. Living deep in the Forrest watching for cops all the time is really cool. Wouldnt be so cool if you didnt have anything to lose.

I remember once that i evaded the cops on a great rp server for days. Car chases, hiding in sheds with helicopters searching with searchlights and just missing us with meters. Finnaly got caught after blowing a tire near a small altis town. 2 of us got tazed right away. One of us got taken 15 mins later after they cleared every last house with their flashlights! ?. We had a fun hour in jail just laughing and calming down after the chase