Johntraaa

A face to the name of Developers...

Does anyone know who they really are? Actual first and last names?

I asked this as a question to get a response, but yeah considering EU data protection stuff, probably best not to list more than 'yes they have' and such to avoid any unwanted information leaked. I just thought this would have been done considering a lot of us have only seen a dude in a myspace-esque profile photo in a mask (which is your average dude gonna send a dick pic territory as far as I am concerned haha) .

It's already a sausage - fest dev team. Didn't need any from-the-shadows stuff going on and google is no help.

While I appreciate the response, I think it is best if we all at least edit surnames out.

Edited by Johntraaa
  • Like 1

John VanderZwet - Paratus

Liam Hogan - Bentbot

Lee Perkins - Jade

That is all I could find as of yet.

Edited by subway244

Personally this kind of stuff shouldn't be a post, the devs may not want people Sharing their personal names and such, be considerate.

We know John's name because he's announced it, we don't necessarily know the others because they may not have shared it. I'd like to request this post be removed purely out of respect for the dev team.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

I think it’s alright. We might not be the most open on names, but we’ve put them out there for people to see. Just got to look in the right areas. Appreciate your wishes in wanting to have respect for the team, Preston_Bodhi_343, but really, it’s okay :D  

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

Could this be counted as Doxxing? I mean, you are putting their personal name out there for everyone to see. o.O Pretty sure that's against the law in EU now.

Perhaps it would be better if you asked them directly, and let them you yourself, if they wanted to?
Or if it was posted somewhere on this site, link to that instead.

1 hour ago, Norway174 said:

Could this be counted as Doxxing? I mean, you are putting their personal name out there for everyone to see. o.O Pretty sure that's against the law in EU now.

Perhaps it would be better if you asked them directly, and let them you yourself, if they wanted to?

I'd imagine if they're giving permission and saying it's okay then I can't see there being an issue, if the names are openly on the website then it's no problem, I don't really know what's going on with European law and what it entails. Just my two cents.

john,sean,lee,philip,mark and charles have had their names "leaked" on streams before (not sure about the rest) also i think if they didnt want it to go public the thread would be deleted before getting a single msg so i think theyre fine with it 

Edited by Shwado

15 hours ago, Norway174 said:

Doxxing isn't actually a crime. Doxxing involves essentially cyber-stalking someone to gather information that is already out there. As long as you aren't using this information maliciously, for example to blackmail, you can share any information about anyone so long as it was obtained publicly. If a developer shared their name in a private message you probably shouldn't reveal it as that could land you in trouble, but if you were to, for example, happen across the Facebook account of Motown and it listed his address in the bio or something, you are free to share that so long as you aren't doing it to blackmail etc.

To be safe, and also just to be courteous, you shouldn't share any information about anyone if they haven't given you permission. However, legally speaking, sharing the developers names likely won't result in you getting into any trouble.