berserker08

Devs are still testing...

I would give them until rest of the week to gather something up otherwise they are digging themselves a grave. 

• Like 1

Good sense of humour but people can relax, they'll keep it in testing as long as need be and it'll go to steam when it's ready and it'll be verified when it gets verified. The devs have come this far and at this stage it's more than safe to say identity isn't going to be a failure, once town square comes out everyone will want a piece of the action and it'll lead to more pledgers, I'm proud to say I've been around since pre town square and so should everyone else who has pledged to this wonderful opportunity.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Good sense of humour but people can relax, they'll keep it in testing as long as need be and it'll go to steam when it's ready and it'll be verified when it gets verified. The devs have come this far and at this stage it's more than safe to say identity isn't going to be a failure, once town square comes out everyone will want a piece of the action and it'll lead to more pledgers, I'm proud to say I've been around since pre town square and so should everyone else who has pledged to this wonderful opportunity.

Lets say that there will be 1.000 new pledgers when TS releases. That means 1.000 new people waiting for the full game. How many years has it taken just to make the TS module? The full game will need much more work which means longer time before its done = hype will die

22 hours ago, Sasper said:

Lets say that there will be 1.000 new pledgers when TS releases. That means 1.000 new people waiting for the full game. How many years has it taken just to make the TS module? The full game will need much more work which means longer time before its done = hype will die

That's where you're wrong, the only reason it's taken so long is because town square is the foundation of identity, it's how all the main game mechanics have been made and as such it's the reason why it's taken the longest amount of time. That's without adding the fact that the town square had to be redone/ redesigned 2-3 times and the fact they started off as a very small team without an official office which is now solved in both aspects.

Module 2 will take far less time as gun mechanics have already been started on and designed during town square and as the gun system won't be too difficult then module 2 will release anywhere from 6-12 months ( my estimation isn't to be taken as official release dates ). The racing module will take a lengthy amount of time but hopefully not 3+ years as the car mechanics and driving mechanics have yet to be touched on and thus need more time to allow for that.

In other words chill out and the game will come when it comes, no point worrying about small details otherwise people just worry for the sake of worrying.

18 hours ago, berserker08 said:

... the community’s patience. ;)

17 hours ago, Oroborous said:

I would give them until rest of the week to gather something up otherwise they are digging themselves a grave. 

8 hours ago, Sasper said:

"remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! " Testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been." - Cyber

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

13 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

"remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! " Testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been." - Cyber

The tracker looks idle because it is not near transparent with us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, akomplice said:

The tracker looks idle because it is not near transparent with us.

The devs multiple times have said what the tasks are. 1 is to do with the painting feature and 1 for inventory system in the apartments.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I feel like this is musical circles ?? the mods explain something multiple times and people keep going on about the same things and then complain the devs and mods don't answer questions properly.

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The devs multiple times have said what the tasks are. 1 is to do with the painting feature and 1 for inventory system in the apartments.

I'm waiting for another "genius" to put up a couple of links to basic environment building ONLY and claim to have never seen the GAME PLAY inventory system in Identity video posts. smh

Impatient kids are still testing my patience...I say kids because most adults tend to understand what would go into making a game of this scale. Rockstar takes years to make a game a fraction of this size and gives people nothing, but what they want to release. They have much more resources and still takes years to make a game from the criminal aspect of life or being a cowboy outlaw...Let's try to remember a much smaller team isn't supposed to accomplish this game faster than the likes of  well established developers with much deeper pockets.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Impatient kids are still testing my patience...I say kids because most adults tend to understand what would go into making a game of this scale. Rockstar takes years to make a game a fraction of this size and gives people nothing, but what they want to release. They have much more resources and still takes years to make a game from the criminal aspect of life or being a cowboy outlaw...Let's try to remember a much smaller team isn't supposed to accomplish this game faster than the likes of  well established developers with much deeper pockets.

First thing is first, Rockstar delivers on their promises. They set realistic deadlines and meet them the vast majority of the time. Asylum has set numerous deadlines and failed to meet a single one. Secondly, this isn't the game we are waiting on. It is a tiny module. It is a sneak peak, not even a beta. I don't come on these forums and talk negatively about the devs, and while I consider myself on their side I don't think its fair to be annoyed at people for getting frustrated. The devs dug themselves this hole, and again while I am on their side I won't attack the people who are annoyed because it is entirely justified.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Why are you still trying to compare this to GTA? They will not make a game of that scale or quality with 30 people. It just will not happen.

I honestly give them the benefit of the doubt, however I don't agree with the whole tracker system. Just have fun building the game and don't say "soon" to much, It will stress the devs out and make people impatient. 

On 7/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, Oroborous said:

everyone keeps getting their hopes up, thinking that, for example, the devs completed a task so the game will be ready at the end of the week... then when a week pass, the complaints pour in xD

Wasn't the jump animation fugly since the last stream and was going to be changed? Why wasn't that listed on the tracker at the time?

Edited by Cool_Cat
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cool_Cat said:

Wasn't the jump animation fugly since the last stream and was going to be changed? Why wasn't that listed on the tracker at the time?

Tell me where you’ve seen anything specific, such as this, on the tracker.

On 7/13/2018 at 3:34 PM, JoelKeys said:

First thing is first, Rockstar delivers on their promises. They set realistic deadlines and meet them the vast majority of the time. Asylum has set numerous deadlines and failed to meet a single one. Secondly, this isn't the game we are waiting on. It is a tiny module. It is a sneak peak, not even a beta. I don't come on these forums and talk negatively about the devs, and while I consider myself on their side I don't think its fair to be annoyed at people for getting frustrated. The devs dug themselves this hole, and again while I am on their side I won't attack the people who are annoyed because it is entirely justified.

This is THEIR FIRST GAME! LOL you might wanna pay your ticket...the one for riding Rockstar's jock strap with no helmet. This would be the equivalent of Rockstar attempting to make a game more massive than any they've done so far, as their very first game! They wouldn't stand a chance if Rockstar tried to make GTA V as their very first game and relied on us to help get them there. You guys whining can't even give these devs a chance to learn the process...OH MY GOD! THEY"VE MADE MISTAKES?!?!? NO ONE does that anymore, so I can understand your impatience with that...Shaking my head...FACE PALM! It's a tiny module...lol...and It's still doing things that a well established company like Rockstar hasn't even attempted yet. 

These guys could very well take the Rockstar way, make a bunch of great smaller games till they are a multi-billion dollar company...They could literally make one aspect of this game, and then sell every one after as DLC which seems to be the industry standard these days. Rockstar sets realistic deadlines and meet them a vast majority of the time right? Then I guess you were still living under a rock when GTA V released to a plague of problems. They also kept tellin us that the heists would be out by a certain time, and then stopped working on heists(missing another dealline they set) and released the ports to next gen consoles, at the time, then took even more time for PC port...more missed deadlines. They finally released heists over a year after they said they would. That's only GTA V, and if you think that was the first game they ever missed a deadline, then you're not very informed.  Yea you keep thinking Rockstar is the perfect company you want to believe they are.

What gives any one you the right to be annoyed? Do they not have a right to learn the process and make some mistakes along the way? They are atleast giving us parts of the game to play while we wait for the release. Rockstar doesn't do that...You are arguing emotion which is something you can't argue about. People will feel how they feel and nothing you can say, no matter how much you say to the contrary, and no matter the amount of fact to contradict their belief. You just won't get thru. For example...Flat Earth, people still believe we live on a flat earth! They didn't hold a gun to anyone's head for your money. They stated their mission and you either believe in it or don't...that does not give you the right to lecture them on how things should be done and how long they should be done in. Simply because it's taking longer than you guys anticipated that it would take. Or maybe your arrogant enough to think you could do it better and faster. Plenty of well established companies that could make this game happen...But Asylum is the first one to try and make it a reality.

If it wasn't for impatient people bugging them for more information about when it's gonna come out and what is gonna be in it,  I don't think they would have gotten themselves in this situation. But they are learning that sometimes you don't give the people what they want all the time. I don't agree with their decision to bring out the stat tracker, but it's not my game, it's theirs. I think people are gonna see things like it's taking them longer to do two items than it took to do most of the others. But they don't know what is going into different tasks, every task isn't fast and easy. Some are way more complex, and considering they are doing quite a few things that are an industry first! I think they deserve some slack, and shouldn't have to take any time to worry about their supporters being happy. They should focus on making a game, which is kinda hard when you're more worried about giving things for people to look forward to to keep their backers and player base happy. 

Seriously, comparing how well they get things done to those of a well established company is a moot point. As many well established companies like Ubisoft & Rockstar make plenty of mistakes, even with all their experience and resources. What we should be comparing to those veteran developer's is how this game is leaps and bounds ahead of what any of them are doing, how a small new team is trying to accomplish things that veteran developer's should be doing...but aren't. THAT's what you compare to...In my opinion I hope they put at least 7-10 years of development on this game. Bigger companies have taken that much and longer to release games a fraction size of the massive scale this game hopes to encompass. They make mistakes all along the way as well, only their share holders hear about it, not us. We also don't get anything to give us a taste of what's coming. You guys are drawing more negative attention to their faults, which isn't going to persuade someone else to invest in their vision. But you keep thinking you're fighting for the little guy, defending the rights of those oppressed  "supporter's" who are being let down by incompetent developer's.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1

I'm OK with the wait but I personally have an issue with the devs take 2 day weekend breaks, taking off holidays, and I assume being out of the office by 5 pm every day.  This might be OK for an already established company that's on schedule to release their product or deliver their services but it's generally expected for a startup to go the extra mile and work harder than the usual 9-5 5 day work weeks, especially when they're so much behind schedule.  If I were them I'd make a little temporary sacrifice and work a little harder for the next year or two.  The game they're making has a lot of potential, it would be a shame if they under-deliver due to laziness or not willing to make short term sacrifices.  

Many business owers, startup owners, and even working professionals like doctors and bankers can attest to the fact that they need to work extremely difficult and long hours in order to succeed so it's not really unreasonable to expect the same here.

Edited by BobbyL
  • Like 1

That's their job right? Publishing finished parts of the game from time to time as they get ready and pass steam-shop verification.

Edit: like no doubt waiting ain't fun but we all have to wait

Edited by Schnuffelpuff

wait for the module
  wait for the game
  wait for a new page

they play on time

just wait and wait.
gives them a week because in testing works too long. And if not, it's written out of this swamp

they promise and there is nothing of it.

22 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

This is THEIR FIRST GAME! LOL you might wanna pay your ticket...the one for riding Rockstar's jock strap with no helmet. This would be the equivalent of Rockstar attempting to make a game more massive than any they've done so far, as their very first game! They wouldn't stand a chance if Rockstar tried to make GTA V as their very first game and relied on us to help get them there. You guys whining can't even give these devs a chance to learn the process...OH MY GOD! THEY"VE MADE MISTAKES?!?!? NO ONE does that anymore, so I can understand your impatience with that...Shaking my head...FACE PALM! It's a tiny module...lol...and It's still doing things that a well established company like Rockstar hasn't even attempted yet. 

You brought Rockstar into this. I never brought up other companies until you started comparing the two. 

These guys could very well take the Rockstar way, make a bunch of great smaller games till they are a multi-billion dollar company...They could literally make one aspect of this game, and then sell every one after as DLC which seems to be the industry standard these days. Rockstar sets realistic deadlines and meet them a vast majority of the time right? Then I guess you were still living under a rock when GTA V released to a plague of problems. They also kept tellin us that the heists would be out by a certain time, and then stopped working on heists(missing another dealline they set) and released the ports to next gen consoles, at the time, then took even more time for PC port...more missed deadlines. They finally released heists over a year after they said they would. That's only GTA V, and if you think that was the first game they ever missed a deadline, then you're not very informed.  Yea you keep thinking Rockstar is the perfect company you want to believe they are.

You are talking about DLC's. We had the base game, GTA V, and we were waiting on additional content being released. Rockstar can afford to do this because they are a well-established company and we already had the base game. Asylum cannot afford to be making huge pushbacks because as far as the gaming community goes they still need to prove themselves. We have had nothing from them, and the first module was supposed to be accessible almost a year ago now. If we already had the TS module and they said they needed longer to add, for example, a bicycle shop, I doubt people would be complaining nearly as much. Once we have the base module, we know that Asylum aren't just false promises and so we will be more understanding if they need more time because we can trust that in the end their promise will be delivered. Comparing heists and Identity is just nonsensical.

What gives any one you the right to be annoyed? Do they not have a right to learn the process and make some mistakes along the way? They are atleast giving us parts of the game to play while we wait for the release. Rockstar doesn't do that...You are arguing emotion which is something you can't argue about.

Of course they have the right to make mistakes. That doesn't mean we need to just accept the mistakes and give them a free pass. If their mistake causes us to get annoyed, that is well within our rights. You seem to think that people complaining is infringing on Asylums right to make mistakes. That's just silly. They can make mistakes, and we can complain. Also I don't know how you think I am arguing through emotion instead of logic, I have not stated one thing that is opinionated, and if I have I have clearly indicated it as opinion. You are the one arguing with your emotions, which I will come back to later.

They didn't hold a gun to anyone's head for your money. They stated their mission and you either believe in it or don't...that does not give you the right to lecture them on how things should be done and how long they should be done in. Simply because it's taking longer than you guys anticipated that it would take. Or maybe your arrogant enough to think you could do it better and faster. Plenty of well established companies that could make this game happen...But Asylum is the first one to try and make it a reality.

No one is saying we were forced out of our money. But we were told misleading facts which may have influenced our decision to buy the game. For example, we were told the module should be playable late 2017. Now, notice how I used the phrase 'misleading facts' and not 'lies'. This may not have been a lie, but it was certainly misleading. Even if we considered that the game may have been delayed, saying it should be playable late 2017 to a consumer means that even if we give the devs a wiggle period of 6 months, we should be able to play this game by June 2018. It is now July. This is not taking into account the numerous other promised deadlines, which only add insult to injury. 

As for your next statement, that is not entirely true. Faith isn't binary. You don't either believe in something or you don't. They stated their mission statement and right there and then people decided how much they believed in this game. And here's the best part, how much you believe in something can change. You might have believed in the game entirely when you read the Kickstarter. However after ever deadline being failed and little to no promises being delivered on, that faith starts to decline. Once that happens, you have every right to inform the developers about your concerns. You have every right to give lectures on how you think the game should be handled. Of course, Asylum have the right to ignore you, but you are allowed to voice your concerns in any way you see fit. On the contrary, a lot of people (myself included) started to lose faith but the gameplay videos boosted my belief right back up to where it started. 

Also, you mentioned that this game is taking longer than we anticipated. This implies we were the ones who set the deadline expectations ourselves and got annoyed when the devs didn't meet them. We didn't just anticipate that this game would have been out months ago, we were told it would be by the developers

If it wasn't for impatient people bugging them for more information about when it's gonna come out and what is gonna be in it,  I don't think they would have gotten themselves in this situation. But they are learning that sometimes you don't give the people what they want all the time.

If it wasn't for impatient people bugging them for more information, you wouldn't have the two recent Town Square streams. You are welcome. 

They should focus on making a game, which is kinda hard when you're more worried about giving things for people to look forward to to keep their backers and player base happy. 

That is life. This is how it works in every industry, you need to make your shareholders/investors happy, because if they aren't they can withdraw their investment. Kickstarter isn't a charity, it is a funding platform. If people think they are funding something that doesn't even exist or that they don't believe in, they can withdraw their investment. So yes, it is very important you make your investors happy. That's the trade-off of crowdfunding, if they didn't want to have to deal with all of this they should have got a private investor. 

What we should be comparing to those veteran developer's is how this game is leaps and bounds ahead of what any of them are doing, how a small new team is trying to accomplish things that veteran developer's should be doing...but aren't. THAT's what you compare to...In my opinion I hope they put at least 7-10 years of development on this game. Bigger companies have taken that much and longer to release games a fraction size of the massive scale this game hopes to encompass.

How exactly does this game leap bounds ahead of what any developer is doing? I mean, don't get me wrong, I am personally impressed with this game but let's not pretend it's some incredibly unique and different game that is miles ahead of the industry. It is just another simulator like Arma Life, DarkRP or any of those RP games. In my own opinion this game does it better than the mentioned games, but let's not pretend that it is some absolute gaming masterpiece. It is a good take on a more niche part of the gaming industry, that is it. Also I hope you are joking about wanting this game to take 10 years to develop. That is just sad. 

. But you keep thinking you're fighting for the little guy, defending the rights of those oppressed  "supporter's" who are being let down by incompetent developer's.

And finally I come to this. All throughout your post are little punches at my character and other ad hominem. Grow up. You say I am arguing through emotion, yet you are the one who clearly loses control throughout your reply. This sentence is just one of these attacks I found, but it adds nothing to the conversation, so leave it out in future unless you want to come across as a childish person who is mad that someone doesn't believe in their vision.

Seriously, I feel like there are some people on these forums need to realise it is okay to criticise. You don't need to praise everything the developers do and accept every mistake because you are afraid of admitting your investment was risky. You are allowed to be annoyed, criticise, and give negative feedback. It doesn't make you less of a person, and it doesn't mean you hate the developers. They raised $1.2 million. Some random forum users saying they are tired of waiting is not going to personally effect them at all. This is business.

Edited by JoelKeys
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I've already quoted this on another post. But one of the devs wrote in one of their livestreams: 

CyberSecs: Dunno, these 3 tasks are the worst, and they spawn bugs of their own, it's like a rabbit hole sometimes, but it's clearing up!

•  
  •  

Edited by Hoelgaard
Made it easier to read.
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

And here we go the constant bitching and arguing between players ?? for real we all Fed up of reading this crap every week.

• Like 2

I bet that everyone will rather have a town square that needs as few updates as possible if any. So I'd rather they take their time to finish the testing and etc of the last two things, than a game filled with bugs and need to constantly be updated.

Edited by Hoelgaard
  • Like 1