mrmccheesie

Please tell me those aren't the final animations...

The animations in the Identity gameplay videos especially with the running and moving around/ looking around animations look very unnatural like there is no transition between when your character walks to runs making it look really unrealistic will this be changed or is that the final running animations for the game... Also I'm not the only one who has complained about this either, I just think it ruins the effect of the game being like real life if the character animations aren't realistic what so ever, they just seem a bit too basic for my liking something you would find in a game make in the early 2000s.

• Like 1

The animations are in a very early stage. I believe they have said that they are working on the animations, so expect better ones when Town Square releases. :)

This game came out on Kickstarter when it was concept only. Once they hit their goal, they got to work right away on the game. Why would anything in a pre-alpha be final? xD

• Like 1

Just now, Valtorix said:

This game came out on Kickstarter when it was concept only. Once they hit their goal, they got to work right away on the game. Why would anything in a pre-alpha be final? xD

I guess he is talking about the "final" ones in Town Square.

I'd hope so. The devs have said that once Town Square releases they'll still be continuously working on it so more features and polished content will release until all modules are released and we hit beta

• Like 1

Just now, Valtorix said:

I'd hope so. The devs have said that once Town Square releases they'll still be continuously working on it so more features and polished content will release until all modules are released and we hit beta

People are treating Town Square like a completely different game instead of a module! xD

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

World of Warcraft, another MMORPG, was released in 2004. It is still getting improvements. Who cares if the animations are not up to par with modern games. They can always tweak it later.

On 7/7/2018 at 1:18 AM, Aerotactics said:

World of Warcraft, another MMORPG, was released in 2004. It is still getting improvements. Who cares if the animations are not up to par with modern games. They can always tweak it later.

I care,  Saying who cares you speaking for yourself not the whole community.  Today a sub par movement is a standard..We're in 2018 not 2004. Also if they need good character movement physics system here you go: Locomotion 3 For Unreal 4

• Like 2

Now those are some smexy animations! Good find @Oroborous this just shows what we should expect in terms of the 'final product' within the UE4 engine.

heck, maybe even they could use this until some of the more pressing tasks are done first. I'm sure this would keep everyone happy for a while!

EDIT:
That video you linked wasn't even his most recent, here is his V2 changes and also his 'updated' one showing his most recent changes etc.. 
@Beach_Ball check this out! :D

Edited by RedArr0w

What would you prefer... the game be delayed a further year to two years, or the game be released with basic animations that get upgraded over time?

The question is kind of rhetorical to be honest...
To add to my point, Arma3 had basic animations to begin with when it launched, and didn't release it's newer animations until 2-3 years later which used a different animation system. Releasing the game ahead of perfecting animations didn't stop people loving the Altis Life mod, and getting life-like animations is something that can be extremely costly. Chances are, with only a budget of $1.24m so far, I would expect that Asylum would be better off releasing first and generating revenue, and then patching the animations at a later date once financially able to do so.

Goodness no. Until they get the mocap sessions rolling in, these most certainly are temporary. Can't say how long they will stay though. But its all very much placeholder. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedArr0w said:

Now those are some smexy animations! Good find @Oroborous this just shows what we should expect in terms of the 'final product' within the UE4 engine.

heck, maybe even they could use this until some of the more pressing tasks are done first. I'm sure this would keep everyone happy for a while!

EDIT:
That video you linked wasn't even his most recent, here is his V2 changes and also his 'updated' one showing his most recent changes etc.. 
@Beach_Ball check this out! :D

I really think this system is at worth taking looked at.  From the Physics point of view you can even fall if not jumped correctly that talks a lot about how sophisticated it is.  Again i am just a Brillo Pad(scrub) trying to help out. It's not even expansive to purchase and maybe there is a little bit of hope they may consider it. 

Edited by Oroborous

On 7/11/2018 at 4:44 AM, LightBringer said:

Goodness no. Until they get the mocap sessions rolling in, these most certainly are temporary. Can't say how long they will stay though. But its all very much placeholder. 

Mocap == sexiest animations

• Like 1

They probably won't be changed. Unless they've given up on their tracker, there was no animation changes after the game play stream, which showed the jump animation.

On 18/07/2018 at 10:06 AM, Cool_Cat said:

They probably won't be changed. Unless they've given up on their tracker, there was no animation changes after the game play stream, which showed the jump animation.

Dont quote me but didnt he say in the stream he wasnt happy with one of the animations? It may have been the jump I cant remember.