Tanaka

Taking too long!

Honestly kind of disappointed with how long its taking for this game to come out. According to the frequent questions page, the town square module was supposed to be released early 2017 and its almost late 2018. Hopefully it comes out soon.

Edited by Tanaka
  • Like 1

Now the work is almost done, is it possible to give us a new release date fore the TS?
#lessFrustration ;)

The two question pages were posted years ago, and things have changed since then, ergo the delayed release. Video-game-development isn't instant, and when creating a game this massive, a small team will have a long and bumpy road creating it.

• Like 2

God its so annoying to see everyday another post about how long this takes.  Does anybody these days know how long it takes to develop a game in this size with a small team?  

• Like 2

Lol Well you would think with 1,260,759 Dollars Raised, That the team wouldn't be so small still. come on really think about it, If your first building a game you don't just sell your idea of a game to the public in hope's of making it. You should have at least half the product or prototype of the product before making fails hope's.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xfinityprime said:

really think about it, If your first building a game you don't just sell your idea of a game to the public in hope's of making it. You should have at least half the product or prototype of the product before making fails hope's.

The game was kickstarted from concept, there was no game before the kickstarter and also you crowd fund your game to help fund development early on. A lot of the money was from their own pockets at first. Refunds don't counted, they might not make a dent but still doesn't change the stance. Also They are growing, but Games cost a lot more than 1.25million nowadays. The average game development funds is about $20 - $30 Million I bet.

Re-phrased - 

Extra:

The dev team is small, currently mid 20's on how many there are and well also the first year of development there was only 3 devs. They have grown and have been improving little by little in all different areas.

There are not that many refunds, but a lot of the refunds are because people throw money blind without thinking about it. 

People do not research on things before putting money in a game which is in early development.

@xfinityprime

• Like 1

So what I got out of what you just stated is that the 1.2mill isn't enough for them to build on, that explains why there no game release yet because the 1.2mill is totally not enough since they need around 20mill, Oh and the refund thing gosh you make me laugh why in the world would you think so many people wanted a refund, umm maybe because there unclear they will not be wasting there money on false promises.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xfinityprime said:

So what I got out of what you just stated is that the 1.2mill isn't enough for them to build on, that explains why there no game release yet because the 1.2mill is totally not enough since they need around 20mill, Oh and the refund thing gosh you make me laugh why in the world would you think so many people wanted a refund, umm maybe because there unclear they will not be wasting there money on false promises.

I re-phrased and added extra to my original reply as I didn't phrase it correctly, to how I meant it.

1.25 mill is not enough indeed, games take a lot more than that. Also There is a risk in pledging to help a game in development. You need to take a risk to get a big reward. If you believe in the project then, you take risk or you will wait before throwing money in. We tell people to wait for something that satisfies them and not just blindly throw their money in, because when they do; the money might already be considered with the budget but then they realise they regret it as it was a impulse reaction. 

If you do not feel like you have got enough satisfaction from what you have now, wait before you pledge. Get the satisfaction before you pledge anything as then you won't want a refund because that satisfaction is full filled.

29 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The game was kickstarted from concept, there was no game before the kickstarter and also you crowd fund your game to help fund development early on. A lot of the money was from their own pockets at first. Refunds don't counted, they might not make a dent but still doesn't change the stance. Also They are growing, but Games cost a lot more than 1.25million nowadays. The average game development funds is about $20 - $30 Million I bet.

Re-phrased - 

Extra:

The dev team is small, currently mid 20's on how many there are and well also the first year of development there was only 3 devs. They have grown and have been improving little by little in all different areas.

There are not that many refunds, but a lot of the refunds are because people throw money blind without thinking about it. 

People do not research on things before putting money in a game which is in early development.

@xfinityprime

I mean I agree with most things you say but I don't think your comment on people asking for refunds is very fair. It's not that they "threw money blind without thinking," it's that they chose to back a game which has failed to meet up to it's own deadlines (which none of us set), and has failed to deliver on really any promise. When they chose to back the game they had an expectation that the game would come out at some point and had trust on the devs. With not a single promise being delivered on, they no longer have trust in the development team and therefor no longer wish to back the product. As much as I am on the devs team, that is entirely their own fault and I am sure even the project leaders would agree that they have made these mistakes.

Let's take a real product. Imagine you are pitching a real product to an investor. You mention how you will have a working prototype, you give them milestones and deadlines for the release of your product, you have an amazing pitch and based on that the investor chooses to invest. If that investor later finds that none of your deadlines have been met, you are months behind schedule and while you had a great pitch, that is really the only thing you had and everything else was just false promises, they will likely chose to withdraw their investment. 

This is what crowdfunding is. It is a two-way exchange. It's not just we throw money at someone and say "you do whatever you want and take however long you need", you are investing into a product for which you have expectations. If your expectations aren't met, you may no longer wish to invest. I feel that there is some confusion on here about all of this. I did not 'donate' to this games development. I invested in it. I am willing to accept the failed deadlines and allow the developers the time and space they need, however some people are not, and I don't think it's fair to say those people just randomly threw money at a product without thinking. There is blame on both sides here.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, xfinityprime said:

Lol Well you would think with 1,260,759 Dollars Raised, That the team wouldn't be so small still. come on really think about it, If your first building a game you don't just sell your idea of a game to the public in hope's of making it. You should have at least half the product or prototype of the product before making fails hope's.

$1.2m is really not a lot of money to develop a game of this kind of caliber that they are looking at. For comparison, GTA V cost $265m to develop.

Edited by RenegadeNine

14 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

I mean I agree with most things you say but I don't think your comment on people asking for refunds is very fair. It's not that they "threw money blind without thinking," it's that they chose to back a game which has failed to meet up to it's own deadlines (which none of us set), and has failed to deliver on really any promise. When they chose to back the game they had an expectation that the game would come out at some point and had trust on the devs. With not a single promise being delivered on, they no longer have trust in the development team and therefor no longer wish to back the product. As much as I am on the devs team, that is entirely their own fault and I am sure even the project leaders would agree that they have made these mistakes.

Yes indeed, but I said "A lot of" meaning not all of them are blind pledgers who refund but a lot of them are. 

14 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

This is what crowdfunding is. It is a two-way exchange. It's not just we throw money at someone and say "you do whatever you want and take however long you need", you are investing into a product for which you have expectations. If your expectations aren't met, you may no longer wish to invest. I feel that there is some confusion on here about all of this. I did not 'donate' to this games development. I invested in it. I am willing to accept the failed deadlines and allow the developers the time and space they need, however some people are not, and I don't think it's fair to say those people just randomly threw money at a product without thinking. There is blame on both sides here.

Here are my things, I look for before throwing money and also most things people should be looking for.

1. 1. Do I like the concept?
  2. 2. How big is the Team?
  3. 3. What estimate have they given to me for something to be delivered upon?
  4. 4. What estimate do I think is realistic?
  5. 5. What road bumps do I need to consider along the development roadway?
  6. 6. What problems could cause a delay in the development?
  7. 7. How long am I willing to wait?
  8. 8. Do i want to wait?
  9. 9. Do I think I have the patience to wait?
  10. 10. How badly do I want the game/ thing to become a reality?
  11. 11. How much do I want to help development?
  12. 12. Am I financially able to Pledge anything?
  13. 13. Do i need to consider any other options?

After I have asked myself all these questions, I then decide whether or not I am going to pledge. In this case, for Identity I pledged straight away. I also pledged the amount I was financially capable to do but I wanted to help more but was unable to at the time. I still help in pledging for my friends. I also Pledge and get Beach to do a giveaway on the livestream. I am supporting them in every way i possibly can and Just because I love the idea it will be something, I also put in the fact that I am not going to get a refund because I pledged to help, I never pledged because i know I am getting the items in the pledge. I want to make the game a reality but if it fails okay. However People don't consider asking themselves half of these questions before pledging. They don't research things before making the decision.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, LuckyDuck said:

Yes indeed, but I said "A lot of" meaning not all of them are blind pledgers who refund but a lot of them are. 

Here are my things, I look for before throwing money and also most things people should be looking for.

1. 1. Do I like the concept?
  2. 2. How big is the Team?
  3. 3. What estimate have they given to me for something to be delivered upon?
  4. 4. What estimate do I think is realistic?
  5. 5. What road bumps do I need to consider along the development roadway?
  6. 6. What problems could cause a delay in the development?
  7. 7. How long am I willing to wait?
  8. 8. Do i want to wait?
  9. 9. Do I think I have the patience to wait?
  10. 10. How badly do I want the game/ thing to become a reality?
  11. 11. How much do I want to help development?
  12. 12. Am I financially able to Pledge anything?
  13. 13. Do i need to consider any other options?

For a large investment, I would 100% agree with you. But most people are donating less than $80 (I am assuming here correct me if I'm wrong). Me personally I donated $30 I think. For an amount that low we just look at the general idea, see that we will be able to play early 2017, and the couple of gameplay videos really sealed the deal. But when the delays start coming in we start to think to ourselves that that $30 is better spent on another game I can play now, so we refund. Again, I am on your side and agree people should understand where their money is going, however I absolutely understand why people are losing trust and refunding, and I don't think it is out of ignorance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

$1.2m is really not a lot of money to develop a game of this kind of caliber that they are looking at. For comparison, GTA V cost $265m to develop.

But GTA V is a triple A game, with crazy levels of detail.

This is a town square with very limited features and things to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, JoelKeys said:

For a large investment, I would 100% agree with you. But most people are donating less than $80 (I am assuming here correct me if I'm wrong). Me personally I donated $30 I think. For an amount that low we just look at the general idea, see that we will be able to play early 2017, and the couple of gameplay videos really sealed the deal. But when the delays start coming in we start to think to ourselves that that $30 is better spent on another game I can play now, so we refund. Again, I am on your side and agree people should understand where their money is going, however I absolutely understand why people are losing trust and refunding, and I don't think it is out of ignorance.

Yes indeed people, have genuine reasons. I totally agree but not most of them. the majority are the ones who blindly pledge. I am very sure the ones who genuinely have asked for a refund because they have lost hope for it are likely including the reason, that they now need the money back. People do consider most of those questions but not all I am sure. Also even if you put $30 in, you should consider the questions, because at the end of the day when you pledge, the devs add it to the budget. If you refund after the money is in that budget, it screws them around with recalculating.

• Like 1

Just now, LuckyDuck said:

Yes indeed people, have genuine reasons. I totally agree but not most of them. the majority are the ones who blindly pledge. I am very sure the ones who genuinely have asked for a refund because they have lost hope for it are likely including the reason, that they now need the money back. People do consider most of those questions but not all I am sure. Also even if you put $30 in, you should consider the questions, because at the end of the day when you pledge, the devs add it to the budget. If you refund after the money is in that budget, it screws them around with recalculating.

Well fair enough, I don't think I can really add much more to the conversation since for the most part I do agree with you so we'll leave it there. Thank you again, you are always up for friendly discussion and I love it :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dilsea said:

But GTA V is a triple A game, with crazy levels of detail.

This is a town square with very limited features and things to do. 

$1.2m isn't funding just for TS, it's the funding for the entire game. Wake up, obviously GTA V is a triple A so therefore would have more funding but 200x more? This game is a lost cause, drastic lack of funding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

$1.2m isn't funding just for TS, it's the funding for the entire game. Wake up, obviously GTA V is a triple A so therefore would have more funding but 200x more? This game is a lost cause, drastic lack of funding.

You do know a little thing called sales exist? SO FAR they have made 1.2 million, that is going to town square, where else would it be going?

They will obviously make more money when TS comes out...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dilsea said:

You do know a little thing called sales exist? SO FAR they have made 1.2 million, that is going to town square, where else would it be going?

They will obviously make more money when TS comes out...

Ha, don't place your bets on it. The game has been on Kickstarter give or take 3 years iirc, and it's only raised 1.2m.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

Ha, don't place your bets on it. The game has been on Kickstarter give or take 3 years iirc, and it's only raised 1.2m.

but up until now the only thing that was available was a concept... once an actual product is available, people will get lured in

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dagtag said:

but up until now the only thing that was available was a concept... once an actual product is available, people will get lured in

Or, the total opposite. People won't like what they see and they will refund, and potential backers will back out and look for other games.

12 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

Or, the total opposite. People won't like what they see and they will refund, and potential backers will back out and look for other games.

And that is the exact reason they will not rush out any unplayable broken alpha module. They have to nail it first time, even if they lose a few impatients backers along the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sorvete said:

And that is the exact reason they will not rush out any unplayable broken alpha module. They have to nail it first time, even if they lose a few impatients backers along the way.

Few? They are losing tonnes of people and also losing a lot of people's interest at this point. People are absolutely sick of waiting. Whether it's good or it's bad, just give us something to play with! At least then we can see for ourselves whether it is worth our time or not.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Let's take a real product. Imagine you are pitching a real product to an investor. You mention how you will have a working prototype, you give them milestones and deadlines for the release of your product, you have an amazing pitch and based on that the investor chooses to invest. If that investor later finds that none of your deadlines have been met, you are months behind schedule and while you had a great pitch, that is really the only thing you had and everything else was just false promises, they will likely chose to withdraw their investment. 

Been waiting for a comment like this for months and months, i like the way you think and 100% agree

• Like 2

Yeah, this game is literally the first game I put money into as of pledging in my life. I've been waiting since 2015 and been active since Late 2017, Early 2018, I'm fucking sick of waiting almost 3 1/2 of my life and not even a playable TOWN SQUARE. I'm on the Dev Team side, but I ain't gonna blindly shy away from what I think.

• Like 1

Lol, I'd like to see you guys make a game as realistic as this game in less than a year. Don't complain so much, the more you wait, the better it'll be.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1