Sign in to follow this  
mrmccheesie

Map Changes

Since the game has changed a lot since 2015 I am just wondering if the map for Identity will still be what you showed us back in 2015, and how much of the map have you guys completed so far for Identity?

Last question, will paintball still also be in the full game?

1 hour ago, mrmccheesie said:

Since the game has changed a lot since 2015 I am just wondering if the map for Identity will still be what you showed us back in 2015, and how much of the map have you guys completed so far for Identity?

I think, I remember HairyGrenade saying the map that was showed in 2015 is severely outdated but they don't have a new set map and Paintball of course is confirmed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Right now, the TS is the main focus, not just because it will be the first playable build, but it's the backbone of everything. The backend systems and game itself has been built from the ground up on the module, which is what is taking so long. The foundation of the game is being set with this module. There won't be any map extension to the TS, but the shooting range in the Police station will be opened up after release so you can try out some guns, as well as interiors of other buildings and tattoos after initial release of the module. There has been some development on the second module which will essentially include "missions" where you will act to stop bank robbers, etc. There will probably be different parts of the map then, but not much. The last module, racing, will include a racetrack featured in the full map. Not much of the actual map is created yet since there is still lots of networking and programming to do in order for everything to run smoothly, you probably won't see other parts of the map for a while as there currently isn't a dedicated level designer hired yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrmccheesie said:

47 minutes ago, Masa said:

Correct, the concept map is very outdated. There will be more smaller cities and more buildings scattered.