tq2221

dont think this game will ever come out

just for fun  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. who thinks they will actually release the game when this list is complete

• i do
    • i don't

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/2018 at 04:00 AM

14 minutes ago, Rainwalker said:

This is 100% exactly how I feel, I have thought long and hard about the same thing happening. This is the best description of what could and most likely will happen. There will be so many other Great games out by the time this rolls around, no one will care at all. I don't feel your post negative at all, it's real.  The way I look at it, ok, we paid the 30, ?? amount of money to get this off the ground  people are going to hang around in the TS module for a little while, get bored, move on to other things, and then the Devs after yet another year, will drop the 2nd or maybe 3rd Module and the base will be playing great games, no one will ever even remember, Identity. I have seen it happen, too many times. 

And yet here you still are. So many times I've seen people complain and be adamant the game is never coming out yet you're still here. If you don't believe in any way the game will succeed then go and get your refund.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iiMStevo said:

The chances of you playing with someone on these forums in the release of the game is pretty slim. There'll be several official servers, and likely hundreds of private servers... each server would need like 100-200 players in order for the island to feel even remotely populated.
I wouldn't avoid playing a game because of one person.

That said, you should report the abuse to a moderator.

Yeah, I know the chances of playing with that specific person are very low but I've seen quite a few people agree with their public posts that are still filled with hate and condescension.

I can't say I haven't responded in kind a couple of times, but in general the posts are completely unwarranted and there are a decent number of people that seem to back the posts wholeheartedly even though they're nothing more than pure hate for people not blindly defending every possible aspect of this game. 

I would report them but the mobile formatting for messages doesn't work correctly and the report button is actually inaccessible due to an overlapping link on my phone. I don't generally visit this site on my computer but I may have to for that.

36 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

And yet here you still are. So many times I've seen people complain and be adamant the game is never coming out yet you're still here. If you don't believe in any way the game will succeed then go and get your refund.

Wanting the game to succeed and thinking it will are two different things. The person you replied to may genuinely want it to, but have lost faith that it will. There's nothing wrong with them voicing that concern.

• Like 3

Patience is key guys, We are all itching to get our hands on this amazing looking game and I bet most of you are like me and see potential with it being an amazing game!! A quality product takes time. I'm anxious as well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

We are still here because they use words like "soon" and "imminent" several months in advance, also the tracker is no where near transparent with us, it's quite useless. We can all tell the drive and moral is very low right now. People have the right to complain about this, some people invested some good money.

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 7:25 AM, wiebley said:

i very much doubt it...

they will cut and run. A lot of that money will have been spend developing the game so will already be gone.

Just had 2 of the chaps I was going to play with apply for refunds. its such a shame, the game has/had so much promise.

They say the game needs more funding and money but they've already made this much with a small team and they act like they're paying anyone except themselves, they're a small dev team they don't need more funding, its been more than enough to make the game

22 minutes ago, akomplice said:

We are still here because they use words like "soon" and "imminent" several months in advance, also the tracker is no where near transparent with us, it's quite useless. We can all tell the drive and moral is very low right now. People have the right to complain about this, some people invested some good money.

I know people have invested good money Into this game, I'm one of those people who invested the full 500 top tier and why you might ask? I have full confidence this game will release and will be a success, I understand that development takes a lot of time and effort as well as money and that things don't get done overnight, I understand that delays happen and things go wrong and that the devs need to spend more time working on the game instead of advertising and talking about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abababababa said:

They say the game needs more funding and money but they've already made this much with a small team and they act like they're paying anyone except themselves, they're a small dev team they don't need more funding, its been more than enough to make the game

From a game dev standpoint, the funding isn't enough to make a game as grandiose as they've described and stay funded throughout its entire development, however from what I've seen (taking all media into consideration) they have had more than enough to make more than what they've shown off. It's probably best to assume that the money earned was just mishandled along the way meaning the game wasn't getting attention proportionate to the money being spent somehow. Mishandling funds is a huge pitfall for many indie developed games, especially for unseasoned developers.

My main issue with the game is still a lack of transparency and clarity. Having to travel all over everywhere just to get answers for things that should be organized neatly on the website, and the constant excuses and "soon"s without any explanations.........is frustrating to say the least. I haven't been here long, but I can understand why some people would get fed up and quit. The community itself is rotten as well and closer moderation is needed. The game itself seems pretty alright for an indie dev (so far) and I'm excited for it - more worried about its continued development down the road. It doesn't get easier, but harder from here. I've had a small ORPG to manage before and trust me development NEVER stops on these sorts of games (online, community based etc.). If its having this much trouble in the early phases, it's a pretty big red flag as to what is to come. That's what worries me most.

• Like 1

It doesn't really take an Einstein to know it'll never be released, I don't even know what I expected anyway

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 10:01 AM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Me still being here in a public Forum Voicing how correct, I feel someone else's voice might be is what this was about.  It could be to Mock people like you, who try to down that right.  Thank you for your criticism, but it was not needed. 

On 7/21/2018 at 1:34 AM, ShiEksdee said:

My main issue with the game is still a lack of transparency and clarity. Having to travel all over everywhere just to get answers for things that should be organized neatly on the website, and the constant excuses and "soon"s without any explanations.........is frustrating to say the least.

I've been voicing the same concern for a while too. I spoke with Beach_Ball about it and it looks like, post-release of Town Square, there'll be more focus put into weekly Dev blogs as opposed to recap articles that tie all the information together.
It may not got down like that but apparently that's what BB will be looking to implement with the help of the Dev team to help keep the community in the know easier.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:16 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

Yea it's not like they are making a game on a scale that's never been done before...I am so sick of these posts...PC gamer's are some of the most spoiled, act like their shit don't stink, impatient children! Why has no one rode Rockstar for taking 8 YEARS making RDR2 and it won't even be released for PC!??!?!? But let's give these guys a hard time...8 years to make a game that's only for consoles, and a fraction of the size and scale that Identity plans to encompass. This is what's wrong with PC gaming, in my opinion, it's the biggest issue with the types of games we have. 8 years for a game to be made by a well established company with infinite resources and man power...You guys really expect Identity to be made by a much smaller team, with much less at their disposal...Are you guys for real?! I mean are you really that thick? If a master builder can build a nice home in around 3 weeks time and has everything he needs...Let's make you whiners build a mansion in 1 week with no resources...let's see how you guys fare...chuckleheads...SMH...face palm. This is how you guys sound to me. Can't Understand Normal Thinking...

I was making fun of the guy that said they don't communicate enough. Lol.

31 minutes ago, YaboyJax said:

I was making fun of the guy that said they don't communicate enough. Lol.

You probably shouldn't since they have every right to voice their concerns.
And having that guy use Rockstar as an example isn't a comparable example. Rockstar don't crowdfund their games, therefore have every right to take as long as they want in development.
Identity on the other hand keep providing their own deadlines, and breaking them in a crowd-funded game, and then don't explain why afterwards... that's an issue for a lot of people.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

You probably shouldn't since they have every right to voice their concerns.
And having that guy use Rockstar as an example isn't a comparable example. Rockstar don't crowdfund their games, therefore have every right to take as long as they want in development.
Identity on the other hand keep providing their own deadlines, and breaking them in a crowd-funded game, and then don't explain why afterwards... that's an issue for a lot of people.

What are you talking about? They have said why a few times. Just people don't except that as a good enough reason. That doesn't mean they never did say.  

20 hours ago, Xzothi said:

What are you talking about? They have said why a few times. Just people don't except that as a good enough reason. That doesn't mean they never did say.  

Maybe this is just media outlets again, but I haven't seen a definitive reason anywhere as to why the delay has lasted four months, and why subsequent announcements haven't clarified that the delay issue has been resolved.
There's hearsay on community posts, and maybe the reasons were explained via alternative media streams such as Twitch or Discord... but those aren't official information channels, so I can say there hasn't been explanations as to why the game is four months behind development.