tq2221

dont think this game will ever come out

just for fun  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. who thinks they will actually release the game when this list is complete

• i do
    • i don't

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/03/2018 at 04:00 AM

6 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Don't lose faith over a few naysayers. Every week we get the same s**t, some whiny ass mofo whining for the sake of it and people trying to give the game and devs a bad name when they don't deserve it. Forum needs to be regulated more often and posts where people are just spouting nonsense to complain should just be removed. This is unreal how many people are doing this and we're all fed up with it.

The terrible behavior is coming from both sides, to be honest, and the regulation needs to come in the form of deleting the posts attacking people instead of discourse about the game itself.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

AI,

There are no real AI in the next modules really. A couple AI but no AI will be roaming Identity in any way. The S.W.A.T. Module will be the quickest module but the Racing module will be not so quick as that but quicker than module 1. Module 1 is the base game mechanics and also, they had to redo it 3 times causing it to get delayed so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patrick68794 said:

It's a very small piece of what the game is planned to be

Its not though, the first module includes the whole base of the game, sometimes the base of a game can take way more time than the rest...

they're a year overdue just on this one small section.

They are not a year overdue, they would be if the 2017 release date was set in stone, it was not... it was an estimated release date. They are however 3 months overdue, yes its still overdue but overdue by 1/4th of what you claim.

The other modules, from the current plans for them, are significantly more complex with advanced physics, AI, and more.

The other modules are not more complex as the basics of the game have already been implemented, as lucky already stated, there wont be a significant amount of AI, as good as the whole population of identity will be real people, that's the whole point of this game.

If the developers really want to keep customers and attract new ones they need to abandon the "module" approach with over year long development times and focus on smaller, more frequent updates.

This would be really annoying. The good thing about these modules is that you know what you will be able to do from what module, whats the point of releasing a roleplay game if for example hairdressers or cars are not implemented yet, a game like this cant just be released with many small updates.

People like to give Star Citizen crap, but their new approach is honestly perfect for crowdfunding. They do quarterly releases of whatever is ready, be it an entirely new major gameplay mechanic or even just a single new weapon (they've actually met almost every goal they've set with the new release shcedule though). In addition to those quarterly releases they will also put out smaller, more frequent updates with optimization and bug fixes

Star Citizen is probably the worst example you can give here... first of all their pledge shop is waay too overpriced, secondly these quarterly releases are more than bad for the game even with optimization updates. I don't know if you have ever played star citizen but the amount of lag and frame drops in the game make it unplayable, and before you go blame my rig/ internet, I have a beast pc and excellent internet so no its not that.

2 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

You're the real problem if you're getting this upset over people voicing concerns about the game. Development clearly isn't going the way it should be at this point, and people have the right to be upset. This is just a small section of the game, already a year overdue from their initial estimates and in all honestly pretty underwhelming for the time they've spent on it.

I'm not upset so don't put words in my mouth. I just see this forum filled with immature pathetic commenters who just like to moan about everything when they don't hear or get what they want immediately, because it's the youth culture of today to expect and want everything right now and they just can't wait for it.. People who pledged really haven't any rights so get off your high horse. If asylum wanted to shut this down tomorrow there is nothing you or anyone can do so perhaps pledging is not for those people or yourself if you can't take the delays or setbacks. If you can't be patient and afford to lose your money if it all goes wrong then just go back playing with your other toys and then buy the game when it's done.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 10:08 PM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Fail to see why people are complaining. Steam verification process is nothing compared to how long we've all waited. We don't need negative posts every week.

If the Devs were concerned about negative posts every week, they could make a postive one or two a week, instead of radio silence all the time. Would it hurt to release more clips/screenshots/etc?

41 minutes ago, Bushido0 said:

If the Devs were concerned about negative posts every week, they could make a postive one or two a week, instead of radio silence all the time. Would it hurt to release more clips/screenshots/etc?

The only reason they don't post so often is that they are focusing on the TS module. But don't you also want some things in the TS, that they haven't screenshotted, recorded etc. for you to explore?

Edited by Hoelgaard
  • Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 7:34 PM, dagtag said:

Its not though, the first module includes the whole base of the game, sometimes the base of a game can take way more time than the rest...

They are not a year overdue, they would be if the 2017 release date was set in stone, it was not... it was an estimated release date. They are however 3 months overdue, yes its still overdue but overdue by 1/4th of what you claim.

The other modules are not more complex as the basics of the game have already been implemented, as lucky already stated, there wont be a significant amount of AI, as good as the whole population of identity will be real people, that's the whole point of this game.

This would be really annoying. The good thing about these modules is that you know what you will be able to do from what module, whats the point of releasing a roleplay game if for example hairdressers or cars are not implemented yet, a game like this cant just be released with many small updates.

Star Citizen is probably the worst example you can give here... first of all their pledge shop is waay too overpriced, secondly these quarterly releases are more than bad for the game even with optimization updates. I don't know if you have ever played star citizen but the amount of lag and frame drops in the game make it unplayable, and before you go blame my rig/ internet, I have a beast pc and excellent internet so no its not that.

People keep saying the Town Square is "the base of everything and everything after that will go faster" and that is false. It is not the base for all of the gameplay systems. It is nothing more than a tiny social module with character customization, apartment decorating, and some limited interactivity with the environment. That is all it is. It is not the base for every system in the game, nor is it going to be the most complex part of the game.

They said it would be out in 2017. It wasn't and still isn't. "Estimated" or not, they still missed it by a longshot. Other games get shit for this, Identity shouldn't be an exception.

The other modules will be more complex, they are the ones with the bulk of the gameplay systems as well as the advanced physics they'll need to simulate semi-realistic vehicle and ballistic behavior.

How would releasing smaller, more frequent modules change anything? You'd still know what's in the updates and what you can or can't do, just like with the current modules. Not having certain things implemented is normal for a game in development, and isn't going to be any different than the modules. The Town Square is missing almost all of the planned functionality for the game. 

Your whole thing about Star Citizen is honestly irrelevant. The cost of their items means fuck all to how they're developing the game and performance has improved dramatically with both 3.1 and 3.2 (I have about 300 hours in the game, my framerates have more than doubled since 3.0 released at the end of last year to the point where in averaging basically 60fps at max settings on a 970). The quarterly updates have done wonders for the morale of the community as well. Since they've started, and met their release goals, almost all of the topics on their forums like the one we're currently commenting in are gone. They're no longer releasing an update every year, they're releasing them every 2-3 weeks on average now with a large update every three months.

On 17/07/2018 at 7:44 PM, Worldraider said:

I'm not upset so don't put words in my mouth. I just see this forum filled with immature pathetic commenters who just like to moan about everything when they don't hear or get what they want immediately, because it's the youth culture of today to expect and want everything right now and they just can't wait for it.. People who pledged really haven't any rights so get off your high horse. If asylum wanted to shut this down tomorrow there is nothing you or anyone can do so perhaps pledging is not for those people or yourself if you can't take the delays or setbacks. If you can't be patient and afford to lose your money if it all goes wrong then just go back playing with your other toys and then buy the game when it's done.

It's pretty clear that you're upset about people voicing their concerns or you wouldn't have made the post whining about it. You don't really have any room to be implying that other people are children when you're throwing a tantrum like a toddler because some people are voicing their opinions and concerns. You should probably take your own advice if you aren't capable of seeing people not blindly praising the game and making endless excuses for the studio's blatant incompetence and mismanagement.

People do have the right voice those concerns by the way, even if you don't want to read them. You can complain about people being "immature and pathetic" all you want but in doing so all you're really doing is being a hypocrite.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

People keep saying the Town Square is "the base of everything and everything after that will go faster" and that is false. It is not the base for all of the gameplay systems. It is nothing more than a tiny social module with character customization, apartment decorating, and some limited interactivity with the environment. That is all it is. It is not the base for every system in the game, nor is it going to be the most complex part of the game.

They said it would be out in 2017. It wasn't and still isn't. "Estimated" or not, they still missed it by a longshot. Other games get shit for this, Identity shouldn't be an exception.

The other modules will be more complex, they are the ones with the bulk of the gameplay systems as well as the advanced physics they'll need to simulate semi-realistic vehicle and ballistic behavior.

How would releasing smaller, more frequent modules change anything? You'd still know what's in the updates and what you can or can't do, just like with the current modules. Not having certain things implemented is normal for a game in development, and isn't going to be any different than the modules. The Town Square is missing almost all of the planned functionality for the game. 

Your whole thing about Star Citizen is honestly irrelevant. The cost of their items means fuck all to how they're developing the game and performance has improved dramatically with both 3.1 and 3.2 (I have about 300 hours in the game, my framerates have more than doubled since 3.0 released at the end of last year to the point where in averaging basically 60fps at max settings on a 970). The quarterly updates have done wonders for the morale of the community as well. Since they've started, and met their release goals, almost all of the topics on their forums like the one we're currently commenting in are gone. They're no longer releasing an update every year, they're releasing them every 2-3 weeks on average now with a large update every three months.

All I'm reading is the same thing everyone else complains about. If nobody has anything relevant or constructive to say then people need to just stop posting, it's boring as hell seeing the same shit every day either people complaining about the game or people complaining about people who complain about the game, judging by what people like you say it's pretty evident this isn't just voicing concern about the game, you're just full on whinging about everything and expecting it to be done now. Said it once before and I'll say it again, if people are this bothered about the progress of development then either put up with it or get a refund but then you'll just say some ususal crap of well I want the game to succeed yadda yadda yadda. Instead of people whining every week just let the damn devs get on with it sheesh 

• Like 1

It's pretty clear that you're upset about people voicing their concerns or you wouldn't have made the post whining about it. You don't really have any room to be implying that other people are children when you're throwing a tantrum like a toddler because some people are voicing their opinions and concerns. You should probably take your own advice if you aren't capable of seeing people not blindly praising the game and making endless excuses for the studio's blatant incompetence and mismanagement.

People do have the right voice those concerns by the way, even if you don't want to read them. You can complain about people being "immature and pathetic" all you want but in doing so all you're really doing is being a hypocrite.

People arent really voicing their concerns, they are just here to bitch and moan because they cannot wait so it has nothing to do with opinions, its to do with that they dont have any patience which is what my post was about, not whining as you put it. They seem to be incapable to actually realise that they didnt buy any game in theory, they pledged to have the game made with the understanding that one day a game will get made. Its a bit like a long car journey with your kids in the back constantly saying 'are we there yet?'. It gets boring real quick hearing the same thing over and over. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

All I'm reading is the same thing everyone else complains about. If nobody has anything relevant or constructive to say then people need to just stop posting, it's boring as hell seeing the same shit every day either people complaining about the game or people complaining about people who complain about the game, judging by what people like you say it's pretty evident this isn't just voicing concern about the game, you're just full on whinging about everything and expecting it to be done now. Said it once before and I'll say it again, if people are this bothered about the progress of development then either put up with it or get a refund but then you'll just say some ususal crap of well I want the game to succeed yadda yadda yadda. Instead of people whining every week just let the damn devs get on with it sheesh 

You clearly don't know how to read if you think I said I want it done now. I gave a suggestion on how to help keep people from making the posts that upset you so much by breaking up these three huge modules into smaller, more frequent releases.

19 hours ago, Worldraider said:

People arent really voicing their concerns, they are just here to bitch and moan because they cannot wait so it has nothing to do with opinions, its to do with that they dont have any patience which is what my post was about, not whining as you put it. They seem to be incapable to actually realise that they didnt buy any game in theory, they pledged to have the game made with the understanding that one day a game will get made. Its a bit like a long car journey with your kids in the back constantly saying 'are we there yet?'. It gets boring real quick hearing the same thing over and over. 

Nice assumptions. I've seen plenty of people concerned that the Town Square still isn't done and wondering why. That isn't complaining, that's voicing a concern. What you are doing is complaining.

And sure, there are some people doing what you're saying, but I've seen more people asking what is holding the release up (this is a very valid question) than complaining that it isn't out yet.

5 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

idk if you realize but your whole answer is irrelevant... I literally debunked ALL of your statements and yet you come back with some BS excuses... if you don't have anything constructive to say then just don't say anything at all. Stop spreading lies and admit your defeat, all you have proven is that you don't know anything off what you are talking about.

Is anyone else fed up with these controversial titles and then the actual content of the original post just being "haha xD just doing a poll for fun hehe!! c:"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

Nice assumptions. I've seen plenty of people concerned that the Town Square still isn't done and wondering why. That isn't complaining, that's voicing a concern. What you are doing is complaining.

And sure, there are some people doing what you're saying, but I've seen more people asking what is holding the release up (this is a very valid question) than complaining that it isn't out yet.

Except that these questions have been answered multiple times in exact carbon copies of these threads. It gets old dealing with these threads because it's just a shit storm of people who all agree that the game is going to be shit and/or will not release and we're stuck defending the title.

It's not difficult to understand why it's not out, and it's not all due to the developers themselves. They've had multiple stops with other companies waiting for assets/textures from their sister company to be implemented, their new website is being held up by the company assumably providing the means of hosting the website, and, despite others thinking the contrary, they've been developing the base mechanics of the entire rest of the game. Does nobody understand that it's not just 'apartment designing' and 'animations' but the actual systems that run in the background for the game?

Think about an operating system, and then the services running in the background. The services help the operating system function. The systems being coded provide function for the rest of the entire game. This isn't a difficult concept to comprehend. I've been following this game since their Kickstarter, checking in about once every three months or so since (hence why I didn't sign up immediately when the site went up), and the pace of development while seeming slow, was expected for what I've stated previously.

Edited by Kraiyick
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

Of course mine are assumptions but yours arent, ok whatever. I have been on this forum long enough and have seen people come and go and long enough to see that many come here then post a negative post without knowing the facts because it doesn't matter to them what is happening, the just want to play right now and when they don't hear what they want to hear, most of them leave. I have never said everyone who comes here does so and if I could bothered I could find many posts just like what I am talking about but the ones who have been here a while know exactly what I mean. Most of them can't be civil without insulting or swearing.

I am no fan of the delays either but like I said people did not pledge for the game, they pledge to help create the game with the intention of having one at the end. For all any of us knew Asylum could have took the money and run and conned us all but that's the risk you take and you are not entitled to anything whether you think you are or not. It's down to honesty and the promise to deliver an end product which I believe they will but were just naive in thinking they could do it in a certain time frame. So what, does that make them bad people? Untrustworthy? Incompetent? No, they just underestimated the scale of what they were trying to do.

Anyway, I am done with this conversation with you now as it is clearly going nowhere and quite frankly I am tired of replying to you repeating myself. Take it as you will but I have nothing more to say to you because it's just going round in circles. Have a nice day.

On 7/17/2018 at 5:38 PM, patrick68794 said:

Anyone thinking that the other modules will be developed more quickly are setting themselves up for disappointment. The other modules, from the current plans for them, are significantly more complex with advanced physics, AI, and more. If the developers really want to keep customers and attract new ones they need to abandon the "module" approach with over year long development times and focus on smaller, more frequent updates.

In my opinion, you're both wrong, and right with this statement.
While the Town Square module lacks any of the major mechanics that are to be released in the other modules, it contains the foundation of the game.

It covers basic animations, movement, control schemes, interactions, UI, menus, living space, customisation, speech, sound and a couple mini-games. It's the entire basis of the game. Without any of the above, releasing the later SWAT module for combat, or the driving module, they'd be incomplete.

The physics attributes should already be in the game engine as far as the engine goes. The devs simply need to detail the ammunition, it's movement speed, drop off etc... It'll need additional animation to hold the weapons for reloading etc, and then setting up the objectives for the actual mission. In terms of what the SWAT module contains in comparison to the Town Square module, it's very little extra in the grand scheme of things.

As for the racing module with vehicles, this probably is a much bigger project than swat due to what I've read about the vehicles (I don't know if all is true), but the overall customisability and ability for the vehicles to have individual components be destroyed, all that needs to be coded in based on unique collision boxes over the vehicles. Then you've got the physics to add in (again, should already be a part of the engine, mostly), and all of the object variations, and objectives.

EDIT:
In either module, I don't know where AI comes into it, as I've read previously that there is to be no AI anywhere beyond shop-keepers or informational NPCs.

Edited by iiMStevo

On 7/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, YaboyJax said:

Yeah why don't these stupid devs communicate with us more, its not like they have jobs!

Yea it's not like they are making a game on a scale that's never been done before...I am so sick of these posts...PC gamer's are some of the most spoiled, act like their shit don't stink, impatient children! Why has no one rode Rockstar for taking 8 YEARS making RDR2 and it won't even be released for PC!??!?!? But let's give these guys a hard time...8 years to make a game that's only for consoles, and a fraction of the size and scale that Identity plans to encompass. This is what's wrong with PC gaming, in my opinion, it's the biggest issue with the types of games we have. 8 years for a game to be made by a well established company with infinite resources and man power...You guys really expect Identity to be made by a much smaller team, with much less at their disposal...Are you guys for real?! I mean are you really that thick? If a master builder can build a nice home in around 3 weeks time and has everything he needs...Let's make you whiners build a mansion in 1 week with no resources...let's see how you guys fare...chuckleheads...SMH...face palm. This is how you guys sound to me. Can't Understand Normal Thinking...

12 hours ago, dagtag said:

idk if you realize but your whole answer is irrelevant... I literally debunked ALL of your statements and yet you come back with some BS excuses... if you don't have anything constructive to say then just don't say anything at all. Stop spreading lies and admit your defeat, all you have proven is that you don't know anything off what you are talking about.

No you didn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

In my opinion, you're both wrong, and right with this statement.
While the Town Square module lacks any of the major mechanics that are to be released in the other modules, it contains the foundation of the game.

It covers basic animations, movement, control schemes, interactions, UI, menus, living space, customisation, speech, sound and a couple mini-games. It's the entire basis of the game. Without any of the above, releasing the later SWAT module for combat, or the driving module, they'd be incomplete.

The physics attributes should already be in the game engine as far as the engine goes. The devs simply need to detail the ammunition, it's movement speed, drop off etc... It'll need additional animation to hold the weapons for reloading etc, and then setting up the objectives for the actual mission. In terms of what the SWAT module contains in comparison to the Town Square module, it's very little extra in the grand scheme of things.

As for the racing module with vehicles, this probably is a much bigger project than swat due to what I've read about the vehicles (I don't know if all is true), but the overall customisability and ability for the vehicles to have individual components be destroyed, all that needs to be coded in based on unique collision boxes over the vehicles. Then you've got the physics to add in (again, should already be a part of the engine, mostly), and all of the object variations, and objectives.

EDIT:
In either module, I don't know where AI comes into it, as I've read previously that there is to be no AI anywhere beyond shop-keepers or informational NPCs.

Unreal doesn't have advanced ballistic simulation like what the developers have planned. It will take quite a bit of modification on their part, especially if they want wind simulations to actually affect bullet trajectories.

Mission and objective scripting for a game like this will be extremely complex as well. This is one of the biggest sticking points for traditional MMOs and what they have planned for this game is only going to add to the complexity (Star Citizen is also having some issues with this as they have a similar setup). 

11 hours ago, Kraiyick said:

Except that these questions have been answered multiple times in exact carbon copies of these threads. It gets old dealing with these threads because it's just a shit storm of people who all agree that the game is going to be shit and/or will not release and we're stuck defending the title.

It's not difficult to understand why it's not out, and it's not all due to the developers themselves. They've had multiple stops with other companies waiting for assets/textures from their sister company to be implemented, their new website is being held up by the company assumably providing the means of hosting the website, and, despite others thinking the contrary, they've been developing the base mechanics of the entire rest of the game. Does nobody understand that it's not just 'apartment designing' and 'animations' but the actual systems that run in the background for the game?

Think about an operating system, and then the services running in the background. The services help the operating system function. The systems being coded provide function for the rest of the entire game. This isn't a difficult concept to comprehend. I've been following this game since their Kickstarter, checking in about once every three months or so since (hence why I didn't sign up immediately when the site went up), and the pace of development while seeming slow, was expected for what I've stated previously.

Yes, they're working on the other gameplay systems, but that work is separate from the Town Square and a lot of it isn't required for the Town Square to release. 

I don't buy the constant blaming of other companies either, that just sounds like making excuses and trying to push blame onto someone else. This isn't an acceptable explanation for why this module is taking so long.

The Town Square isn't going to contain a lot of those "background processes" that you mentioned. They're most likely being developed but they should be separate from the Town Square as most of those aren't needed for what is planned. They have no need for the scripting system used for missions, economy simulations, advanced physics, or even the career path systems as the TS isn't going to include any of that stuff. They can focus on these things after they get the initial release out.

They should focus on a minimum viable release and get that out the door. A lot of people on the fence, and some of the people complaining, are likely just waiting for something to be playable.

Edited by patrick68794

האם למישהו יש מידע כאשר כיכר העיר ישוחרר?!?!? !!? ??

Unreal doesn't have advanced ballistic simulation like what the developers have planned. It will take quite a bit of modification on their part, especially if they want wind simulations to actually affect bullet trajectories.

Mission and objective scripting for a game like this will be extremely complex as well. This is one of the biggest sticking points for traditional MMOs and what they have planned for this game is only going to add to the complexity (Star Citizen is also having some issues with this as they have a similar setup). 

Yup, that's why I said you're both right, and wrong.
In a nutshell, the majority of the SWAT module should be easily achievable and can be developed much quicker than TS has been developed... that said, with advanced ballistics, it's something that could always be added in at a later stage.
But do we know for certain that's what will be included in that module, or is the module really just the creation of the basic Bank heist, and the coding of the basic ballistics and handling animations / reloading / items etc?

Once the three modules are complete, I expect the longest wait duration to follow as the rest of the features will need adding in on top of those modules. Advanced ballistics (with pass-through damage on certain surfaces), weapon handling perks (If they're included - don't really know how any of the experience stuff works), object interactions across nearly all objects (as far as I'm aware that's what the plan is), the entire map creation, unique asset development for buildings etc... 

Being realistic, people shouldn't expect this game to be in a releasable state until at least the end of 2020 (and that's at the earliest). It took me nearly 3.5 years to create my own version of Altis Life and I was doing the coding on my own while someone else developed textures and graphics etc to come into the game. That had a portion of what's available in this, and I didn't need to write the base framework, only all of the additional stuff.

On 02/07/2018 at 9:48 PM, mika said:

the game will come out eventual but if it dose not come out by the end of the year we all got robbed xD

if the game (beta/alpha) dont come out by the end of the year > Paypal > No problems for me. 

Edited by Rykam
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, iiMStevo said:

Yup, that's why I said you're both right, and wrong.
In a nutshell, the majority of the SWAT module should be easily achievable and can be developed much quicker than TS has been developed... that said, with advanced ballistics, it's something that could always be added in at a later stage.
But do we know for certain that's what will be included in that module, or is the module really just the creation of the basic Bank heist, and the coding of the basic ballistics and handling animations / reloading / items etc?

Once the three modules are complete, I expect the longest wait duration to follow as the rest of the features will need adding in on top of those modules. Advanced ballistics (with pass-through damage on certain surfaces), weapon handling perks (If they're included - don't really know how any of the experience stuff works), object interactions across nearly all objects (as far as I'm aware that's what the plan is), the entire map creation, unique asset development for buildings etc... 

Being realistic, people shouldn't expect this game to be in a releasable state until at least the end of 2020 (and that's at the earliest). It took me nearly 3.5 years to create my own version of Altis Life and I was doing the coding on my own while someone else developed textures and graphics etc to come into the game. That had a portion of what's available in this, and I didn't need to write the base framework, only all of the additional stuff.

A lot of people just don't seem to understand how long this stuff actually takes. It seems even the developers didn't quite understand it. I think 2020 is being optimistic, but to be honest I've more or less decided I won't be buying this game because of the toxic community. Just because I've said a couple of times that this shouldn't be compared to a Rockstar game (mostly because of just how much talent, money, and manpower they have) @JohnNYBlaze has started sending me irrational hate mail. I won't play a game with people like that. Hopefully he'll grow up some day and realize just how immature he's being and that all he's really doing is pushing people away from the game that are just cautious about putting money into something from an unproven developer until they release something.

Edited by patrick68794

38 minutes ago, patrick68794 said:

@JohnNYBlaze has started sending me irrational hate mail. I won't play a game with people like that. Hopefully he'll grow up some day and realize just how immature he's being and that all he's really doing is pushing people away from the game that are just cautious about putting money into something from an unproven developer until they release something.

The chances of you playing with someone on these forums in the release of the game is pretty slim. There'll be several official servers, and likely hundreds of private servers... each server would need like 100-200 players in order for the island to feel even remotely populated.
I wouldn't avoid playing a game because of one person.

That said, you should report the abuse to a moderator.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, wiebley said:

In my opinion this game unfortunately will not run its course... 

They will probably release TS around late august to early september, by then everyone will be even more pissed than they are now and what will happen when they login to TS? Be able to walk around, play chess and sing some karaoke? Everyone is begging for TS to be released, not really realising that it is literally just the engine? Oh wait... i think you can pick up a paper too...

So following this release, people will get their refunds because there is nothing to actually do in the game and the time frame between modules will clearly be a very long process with minimal communication from devs to investors. This will equal a pissed off player base who as I just said, will either get a refund, or just simply stop playing the game.

By the time the full game comes out (if it ever actually does) it will have lost its player base, community and will not get off the ground properly. The more likely outcome is it getting almost to module 2 and the whole thing just crashing down due to lack of funding.

This is 100% exactly how I feel, I have thought long and hard about the same thing happening. This is the best description of what could and most likely will happen. There will be so many other Great games out by the time this rolls around, no one will care at all. I don't feel your post negative at all, it's real.  The way I look at it, ok, we paid the 30, ?? amount of money to get this off the ground  people are going to hang around in the TS module for a little while, get bored, move on to other things, and then the Devs after yet another year, will drop the 2nd or maybe 3rd Module and the base will be playing great games, no one will ever even remember, Identity. I have seen it happen, too many times. 

• Like 1