In addition to the standard patrol car, there should be an SUV for cops of certain levels. These kinds of cars are very prevalent in the US. SUVs might offer different pros/cons: higher speed, more endurance, less handling, more storage, off-road capabilities.

Also, police dogs? 

Dogs could serve many different roles. First off, they could be transported within the SUV. They could sniff drugs and/or explosives from a distance and warn you through behavioral changes. Also maybe they could chase down a criminal in the middle of an on-foot chase? Lastly, what if they can search for a specific person (AKA tracking). This could be an important factor for investigations with a search warrant.

This could prove to be quite essential to keep roleplay; how would you catch another player on foot? how would you find drugs without prior knowledge?

Maybe dog patrols would only be allowed in trouble areas or maybe areas of high importance/interest (sniff for drugs/explosives). On the other hand, cops with an SUV and dog can be called-in by other cops to help chase down a criminal on foot. 

I think it would immensely add to immersion. Your thoughts?

@Paratus @Motown

Edited by AnglerBanger
clarification
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2016 at 2:28 AM, AnglerBanger said:

In addition to the standard patrol car, there should be an SUV for cops of certain levels. These kinds of cars are very prevalent in the US. SUVs might offer different pros/cons: higher speed, more endurance, less handling, more storage, off-road capabilities.

Also, police dogs? 

Dogs could serve many different roles. First off, they could be transported within the SUV. They could sniff drugs and/or explosives from a distance and warn you through behavioral changes. Also maybe they could chase down a criminal in the middle of an on-foot chase? Lastly, what if they can search for a specific person (AKA tracking). This could be an important factor for investigations with a search warrant.

This could prove to be quite essential to keep roleplay; how would you catch another player on foot? how would you find drugs without prior knowledge?

Maybe dog patrols would only be allowed in trouble areas or maybe areas of high importance/interest (sniff for drugs/explosives). On the other hand, cops with an SUV and dog can be called-in by other cops to help chase down a criminal on foot. 

I think it would immensely add to immersion. Your thoughts?

@Paratus @Motown

I asked on Facebook police dogs won't be ready before launch but they are working on them. :D

• Like 1

I think a better system would be Two-Three Officers in each Server can be K9 Units and then the Private Servers could make these slots white-listed and such.

9 hours ago, Chance said:

I think a better system would be Two-Three Officers in each Server can be K9 Units and then the Private Servers could make these slots white-listed and such.

This would cause people to troll like the people in gmod did when playing as a pet type job.