Sign in to follow this  
Mordacar

Identity Developers Kit & Game Module Program!!

Identity should release a developers kit around their game engine/mechanics and release it to the public. 

On the Identity map there would be a small airport called a Vertiport. A player drives his car into a container that will be airlifted to a new destination.

Once in the container a menu pops up on the desired location (eventually hundreds or even thousands of options that can be searched by popularity, topic, game time, rating etc.)  Each of these new locations is a privately developed game or mini game either free, to promote the game designers work, or for a price with a percentage going to Asylum.

Why create a new Identity for every game you play? Your Identity character becomes a permanent fixture and friends you make that join you playing various modules will already be there on your friends list.

Let Identity become the new "Stream", as game developers see the merit of this new more immersive form of gaming community.

12 hours ago, Mordacar said:

Identity should release a developers kit around their game engine/mechanics and release it to the public. 

Q: Modding Support?
A: We're exploring this as a possibility, but a decision regarding mods likely won't be reached until after the full game is out.

On the Identity map there would be a small airport called a Vertiport. A player drives his car into a container that will be airlifted to a new destination.

There is an airport at one of the cities already, it likely will be something for DLC content if the devlopers do such a thing to a new type of Island so people can travel between the 2 Islands.

Once in the container a menu pops up on the desired location (eventually hundreds or even thousands of options that can be searched by popularity, topic, game time, rating etc.)  Each of these new locations is a privately developed game or mini game either free, to promote the game designers work, or for a price with a percentage going to Asylum.

In my personal Opinion, this defeats the objective of this game. There won't be a loading screen / menu to travel etc. Also the same with the answer above. 

Why create a new Identity for every game you play? Your Identity character becomes a permanent fixture and friends you make that join you playing various modules will already be there on your friends list.

The 3 Modules are 3 small standalone pieces of the full game. They are tasters for those players who backed early on for Founder/ earlier access.

When you add someone on your in game phone (Friends list), it will carry over to the full game.

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Q: Modding Support?
A: We're exploring this as a possibility, but a decision regarding mods likely won't be reached until after the full game is out.

There is an airport at one of the cities already, it likely will be something for DLC content if the devlopers do such a thing to a new type of Island so people can travel between the 2 Islands.

In my personal Opinion, this defeats the objective of this game. There won't be a loading screen / menu to travel etc. Also the same with the answer above. 

The 3 Modules are 3 small standalone pieces of the full game. They are tasters for those players who backed early on for Founder/ earlier access.

When you add someone on your in game phone (Friends list), it will carry over to the full game.

Thank you for your thoughtful response,  however I need to clarify my post as we are comparing apples and oranges at this point. My concept is to expand Identity (already the most ground breaking concept for an individual game in history in my opinion) into the home base for every other great game ever made. The Vertiport (Not Airport) in my suggestion is the jump off point to entirely new games not developed by Asylum, those third party games could end up in time being over 1000+ so you would have the menu system I suggested to search and choose what you are looking for. Want to do a 3 hour mini game developed by an expert in deep sea treasure hunting, it's here! Compete in an EA Sports type basketball tournament where all four other players on your team are true friends from Identity? It's here! Some games could attempt the ground breaking direction Identity is introducing to the world, but most however would likely be either single player vs environment or other typical game set ups. Some games would be free, some would have a buy now button sharing income with Asylum. I'm thinking of a replacement of the STEAM game distribution system that allows creators to develop entire games to explore with your Identity character, rather than mods within the Identity world.

Edited by Mordacar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mordacar said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response,  however I need to clarify my post as we are comparing apples and oranges at this point. My concept is to expand Identity (already the most ground breaking concept for an individual game in history in my opinion) into the home base for every other great game ever made. The Vertiport (Not Airport) in my suggestion is the jump off point to entirely new games not developed by Asylum, those third party games could end up in time being over 1000+ so you would have the menu system I suggested to search and choose what you are looking for. Want to do a 3 hour mini game developed by an expert in deep sea treasure hunting, it's here! Compete in an EA Sports type basketball tournament where all five players on your team are true friends from Identity? It's here! Some games could attempt the ground breaking direction Identity is introducing to the world, but most however would likely be either single player vs environment or other typical game set ups. Some games would be free, some would have a buy now button sharing income with Asylum. I'm thinking of a replacement of the STEAM game distribution system that allows creators to develop entire games to explore with your Identity character, rather than mods within the Identity world.

I like the idea, and get it more now that you explained a bit more. However, this is way out of scope for the current game and I think the best thing is to work on the full game, get everything else that they already have stated which they will add but after full release and then think about something like this, but I do however like the idea and I will get Beachy to look at it tomorrow when he is on and free.

Love the idea though, but I still think it is far beyond the scope.

11 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I like the idea, and get it more now that you explained a bit more. However, this is way out of scope for the current game and I think the best thing is to work on the full game, get everything else that they already have stated which they will add but after full release and then think about something like this, but I do however like the idea and I will get Beachy to look at it tomorrow when he is on and free.

Love the idea though, but I still think it is far beyond the scope.

I believe Identity has the capacity to be a game like Runescape where players have been active 14+ years now, if it's position as 'first of kind', is allowed to explode. Not all concepts I'm floating are for right now but seeds need to be planted early for something like this  particular one to take off. When funds start flowing in after full release is probably the best time to put it together. I wouldn't be surprised if you aren't approached by some major industry players eventually or venture funds interested in this space. If you have ideas like this well fleshed out and in the pipeline it could be to your great advantage.  

4 hours ago, Mordacar said:

Thank you for your thoughtful response,  however I need to clarify my post as we are comparing apples and oranges at this point. My concept is to expand Identity (already the most ground breaking concept for an individual game in history in my opinion) into the home base for every other great game ever made. The Vertiport (Not Airport) in my suggestion is the jump off point to entirely new games not developed by Asylum, those third party games could end up in time being over 1000+ so you would have the menu system I suggested to search and choose what you are looking for. Want to do a 3 hour mini game developed by an expert in deep sea treasure hunting, it's here! Compete in an EA Sports type basketball tournament where all four other players on your team are true friends from Identity? It's here! Some games could attempt the ground breaking direction Identity is introducing to the world, but most however would likely be either single player vs environment or other typical game set ups. Some games would be free, some would have a buy now button sharing income with Asylum. I'm thinking of a replacement of the STEAM game distribution system that allows creators to develop entire games to explore with your Identity character, rather than mods within the Identity world.

did you get this from sao?

1 hour ago, stripedalucard said:

did you get this from sao?  I don't know what a sao is. So no. If it's an individual he got it from me.

Edited by Mordacar