TheOracle619

Well, the day is almost here.

Well, the Town Square Module is almost done. There are only four things needed to be put into the module, and all 4 of them are in testing. All I can say is...we did it. We have almost finally survived our long wait of one day being able to get a in person look at this very promising game. Hopefully, our expectations are met, and maybe, they might be broken beyond them. Who knows? The time is coming upon us to get a much further glimpse of what this game is to come. And weather you are new to this forum, or were here from the kickstarter… Thank you, for helping make this game the best it can be. The glory days have almost come.

• Like 7

Sorry mate, I don't buy it. Town square isn't the full game, the 'glory days' are a long way off yet, town square is going to be boring with very little to do.  Unless you're a chess fanatic or something, don't jump the gun because it's really not going to be an exciting experience after an hour or 2.

• Like 7
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

13 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

Sorry mate, I don't buy it. Town square isn't the full game, the 'glory days' are a long way off yet, town square is going to be boring with very little to do.  Unless you're a chess fanatic or something, don't jump the gun because it's really not going to be an exciting experience after an hour or 2.

If you're someone who enjoys RP then it might not get boring for you. Especially if you come from Arma, it's mostly just making stories with others and finding your own thing to do and create stories, etc. 

8 minutes ago, MapleMooses said:

If you're someone who enjoys RP then it might not get boring for you. Especially if you come from Arma, it's mostly just making stories with others and finding your own thing to do and create stories, etc. 

Except there won't be anything to do besides playing chess, singing and writing books. Altis Life has a hell of a lot more to do, how are you supposed to RP properly in such a tiny world?

6 minutes ago, RenegadeNine said:

Except there won't be anything to do besides playing chess, singing and writing books. Altis Life has a hell of a lot more to do, how are you supposed to RP properly in such a tiny world?

hqdefault.jpg

• ver.1.22474487139 2

If people really want they can get hours of fun i already have a decent list of stuff im going to do

A game like house flipper you do the same thing over and over again but people still keep playing it when you get though the story missions you keep doing the same thing 

2 hours ago, Abdelrani said:

A game like house flipper you do the same thing over and over again but people still keep playing it when you get though the story missions you keep doing the same thing 

I fail to see any relevance between House Flipper and Identity. Town square won't have missions for a start, and even House Flipper has more to do that TS will.

You say you have a decent list of stuff you're going to do, mind sharing some ideas? I'm genuinely curious, because I'm not sure how it will be possible to get enjoyment out of TS after the first few hours.

Edited by RenegadeNine

1 hour ago, RenegadeNine said:

dont forget the bikes store, we will can ride bike and i love bmx so I think will be able to get one.

Well first of all i wanna explore the possibilities of decorating your apartment, i wanna check all the different clothing options. spend a lot of time in the karaoke bar, chill in my apartment and use the tv. Probably get tired of the decoration options i have in my apartment and redo it. Play chess. Make art. Make books that makes no sense and put them in the library. Submit my beautiful art to the art gallery take over the graffiti wall. That was some ideas 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Abdelrani said:

Well first of all i wanna explore the possibilities of decorating your apartment, i wanna check all the different clothing options. spend a lot of time in the karaoke bar, chill in my apartment and use the tv. Probably get tired of the decoration options i have in my apartment and redo it. Play chess. Make art. Make books that makes no sense and put them in the library. Submit my beautiful art to the art gallery take over the graffiti wall. That was some ideas 

While you're doing all that, you get to meet new people, interact with them, get held up at gunpoint, but most of all, roleplay. The goal of this game is not for "stuff to do" as this person puts it:

4 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

You can roleplay with absolutely nothing. You don't need a 3D world to roleplay in with minigames, or with clothing stores, or player properties. You can roleplay in person with paper and pencil, or even with nothing at all but your imaginations.

EDIT: I originally roleplayed in person in a DND-like fashion with friends, except we just used our imaginations, and one guy was the "DM." It would last for months, but there were also times when we did short scenarios that lasted a day or two.

Edited by Aerotactics

5 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

I fail to see any relevance between House Flipper and Identity. Town square won't have missions for a start, and even House Flipper has more to do that TS will.

You say you have a decent list of stuff you're going to do, mind sharing some ideas? I'm genuinely curious, because I'm not sure how it will be possible to get enjoyment out of TS after the first few hours.

Im with you here. Im not sure where, but I am pretty certain even the devs have said not to expect much from TS. It is literally just a glorified proof of concept in my opinion. No disrespect to the game or developers, I am sure I will enjoy it for a few hours but beyond that yeah, won't be much.

5 hours ago, KUANA said:

dont forget the bikes store, we will can ride bike and i love bmx so I think will be able to get one.

the bikes store will not be released with the initial TS release, did you not watch the game play video?

Anybody who thinks that Town Square has RP potential is only setting themselves up for dismal disappointment. Compared to what Identity is meant to be, TS is extremely slight. Make no mistake that, despite the delays, this is still very much just a very small "taste". 

12 hours ago, Aerotactics said:

...get held up at gunpoint...

False, town square won't have firearms.

Yes, this is just a taste / proof of concept.  You see how long this little taste has taken them.  Unless they expand their team drastically, I do not expect to see a full playable game until 2020 / 2021.  No joke here folks.  With them scraping all previous work for a more ambitious player count on servers is the reason for my thoughts.  Hey, I hope I am wrong, but we will see how far off I am when it finally does happen.  I just hope they stop putting out false release dates and they truly hold to their not paid to win stance throughout. 

8 hours ago, RenegadeNine said:

False, town square won't have firearms.

False, there is a gun range under the Police Station we will have access to.

4 minutes ago, Aerotactics said:

False, there is a gun range under the Police Station we will have access to.

First I've heard of it.. source please?

On 6/22/2018 at 12:29 AM, TheOracle619 said:

Well, the Town Square Module is almost done. There are only four things needed to be put into the module, and all 4 of them are in testing. All I can say is...we did it. We have almost finally survived our long wait of one day being able to get a in person look at this very promising game. Hopefully, our expectations are met, and maybe, they might be broken beyond them. Who knows? The time is coming upon us to get a much further glimpse of what this game is to come. And weather you are new to this forum, or were here from the kickstarter… Thank you, for helping make this game the best it can be. The glory days have almost come.

Its not done before its done dude, can be weeks for all we know.
All this speculating is no good. 

Edited by ECorp

22 hours ago, Aerotactics said:

While you're doing all that, you get to meet new people, interact with them, get held up at gunpoint, but most of all, roleplay. The goal of this game is not for "stuff to do" as this person puts it:

You can roleplay with absolutely nothing. You don't need a 3D world to roleplay in with minigames, or with clothing stores, or player properties. You can roleplay in person with paper and pencil, or even with nothing at all but your imaginations.

EDIT: I originally roleplayed in person in a DND-like fashion with friends, except we just used our imaginations, and one guy was the "DM." It would last for months, but there were also times when we did short scenarios that lasted a day or two.

Guns won't be In the town square. Housing won't be in the town square iirc. Vehicles won't be in the town square (which I imagine includes bikes). Money won't be in the town square.

The only confirmed town square features are books, paintings, chess, karaoke, movies, and Voip.

3 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Guns won't be In the town square. Housing won't be in the town square iirc. Vehicles won't be in the town square (which I imagine includes bikes). Money won't be in the town square.

The only confirmed town square features are books, paintings, chess, karaoke, movies, and Voip.

There will be Housing in Town Square.

431b4c857ef76bd1e1739d9a4e9da5d4.png

Edited by MichaelPayne
  • Like 1

Just now, MichaelPayne said:

There will be Housing in Town Square.

Agreed, see the whole video I posted. Its the latest devblog

1 hour ago, RenegadeNine said:

First I've heard of it.. source please?

1 hour ago, Aerotactics said:

My reply: that's lazy, putting an ENTIRE long play video here for your reference. Also, it's wrong. The gun range won't be available at the release of TS. It'll be added in later, much later. When? When module 2 (the SWAT module) gets released. Then it'll get patched in underneath the police station, and only from then on.

Just now, Genesai said:

My reply: that's lazy, putting an ENTIRE long play video here for your reference. Also, it's wrong. The gun range won't be available at the release of TS. It'll be added in later, much later. When? When module 2 (the SWAT module) gets released. Then it'll get patched in underneath the police station, and only from then on.

I added the time marker, did you not watch it? They explicitly said they will give us access to the shooting range.