Orbiit

Are They Even Working On The Game?

Bro this game has been in development for several years. Ive known about it for like 2 years now. The task tracker hasn't been visually updated for like a week or two or some shit and it's pissing me off because it's making me think this game is just a scam more and more. They're legit finessing us and I want to see them actually work on the game. They barely put out any videos, too. If anyone can link me their most recent twitch stream of them working on it would be much appreciated. They said they were gonna release the new website, where is that now? I remember back in March everyones hopes were up that the town square module was gonna be released and here we are smFh. And finally, how long could it possibly take to finish the last couple tasks? Lmfao theres like 4 tasks and none of them have been completed, usually there would be at least like 1 or 2 tasks completed per day before they froze the tracker on the last couple ones.

EXZfIV9.pngRSnR1k9.png2BWpMRk.png

lol im laughing now, this shit is never gonna get released, is it ??

literally all hype in this game is gone, everyones fed up

Edited by Orbiit

14 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

Bro this game has been in development for several years. Ive known about it for like 2 years now. The task tracker hasn't been visually updated for like a week or two or some shit and it's pissing me off because it's making me think this game is just a scam more and more. They're legit finessing us and I want to see them actually work on the game. They barely put out any videos, too. If anyone can link me their most recent twitch stream of them working on it would be much appreciated. They said they were gonna release the new website, where is that now? I remember back in March everyones hopes were up that the town square module was gonna be released and here we are smFh. And finally, how long could it possibly take to finish the last couple tasks? Lmfao theres like 4 tasks and none of them have been completed, usually there would be at least like 1 or 2 tasks completed per day before they froze the tracker on the last couple ones.

The task tracker was visually updated last week.

40 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

Okay ill briefly try to explain everything in points:

- Making a game isn't done overnight, it takes a lot of work and can take up more time than 3 years, definitely with a small development team, they also had to rewrite the code that set them back a few steps.

- The task tracker has been updated daily(except for weekends and today), there is no visual change because these last segments might be large and close to finished but not just yet.

-  The website is finished(or close to at least) but the payment provider hasn't replied to their messages, this isn't the development teams fault.

- The last couple tasks obviously take longer since there are fewer people working on these, most of the developers have been assigned other tasks having to do with the other modules.

I hope this clears out your concerns, the game will release just have a little bit more patience, you might even get to play the first module within the month.

• Like 1

right can we please have this sorted? every week now there is at least 2-3 posts like this where it's someone whining about anything and everything.

yes people are entitled to express their feelings but legit this is every week if not every day and most of us are fed up of seeing it.

also if you've been here for 2 years like you claim then you'd know to be patient like the rest of us as opposed to some people who have been here a few months and think they deserve everything for nothing.

• Like 3

The 1001th post claiming that this game is a scam. May one please post within the other 1000 topics regarding this subject matter?

7 hours ago, dagtag said:

Okay ill briefly try to explain everything in points:

- Making a game isn't done overnight, it takes a lot of work and can take up more time than 3 years, definitely with a small development team, they also had to rewrite the code that set them back a few steps.

- The task tracker has been updated daily(except for weekends and today), there is no visual change because these last segments might be large and close to finished but not just yet.

-  The website is finished(or close to at least) but the payment provider hasn't replied to their messages, this isn't the development teams fault.

- The last couple tasks obviously take longer since there are fewer people working on these, most of the developers have been assigned other tasks having to do with the other modules.

I hope this clears out your concerns, the game will release just have a little bit more patience, you might even get to play the first module within the month.

Are u serious? They are months out of the clock for release and "- The last couple tasks obviously take longer since there are fewer people working on these, most of the developers have been assigned other tasks having to do with the other modules."? Seems like best idea ever, let's make stuff for later and leave module that we promise months ago. Never heard more silly argument than this one. They should have crunch now, sweating in the studio to finish town square ASAP, yet I can see "final" 6 tasks for about month now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Masa said:

Are u serious? They are months out of the clock for release and "- The last couple tasks obviously take longer since there are fewer people working on these, most of the developers have been assigned other tasks having to do with the other modules."? Seems like best idea ever, let's make stuff for later and leave module that we promise months ago. Never heard more silly argument than this one. They should have crunch now, sweating in the studio to finish town square ASAP, yet I can see "final" 6 tasks for about month now.

okay so what you are saying is you would rather have the first module ASAP and then wait ages again for the next module? By putting people on other tasks the modules will release closer to each other. and they never 'promised' anything, they gave an estimated release date, not an official one. This argument is not silly, its factual and factual arguments are the only good ones... where are your arguments if mine are so bad? and lastly there are a lot of people who have been waiting since 2014 and are still patiently waiting, take an example to them and wait.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

22 minutes ago, dagtag said:

okay so what you are saying is you would rather have the first module ASAP and then wait ages again for the next module? By putting people on other tasks the modules will release closer to each other. and they never 'promised' anything, they gave an estimated release date, not an official one. This argument is not silly, its factual and factual arguments are the only good ones... where are your arguments if mine are so bad? and lastly there are a lot of people who have been waiting since 2014 and are still patiently waiting, take an example to them and wait.

DAGTAG is right. The town square is a tech demo, not a game. I would rather they concentrated on the game as a whole, than pull everyone off to rush out a demo that is only a small part of the game we are waiting for. If the community wasn't pushing so hard for something playable, we might have the actual game we backed a lot sooner.

10 hours ago, Masa said:

The last couple tasks obviously take longer since there are fewer people working on these, most of the developers have been assigned other tasks having to do with the other modules."?

That's obvious why that is, no? They only have so many programmers. Do you expect animators and the like suddenly learn how to code? The art bits for TS are done. Of course they move on to other parts of the game. Each has their own tasks to do, within their studies/knowledge.

All outstanding tasks are now marked as being "in testing". Good progress from the Devs, despite what some people may think. Not long now!

14 hours ago, dagtag said:

okay so what you are saying is you would rather have the first module ASAP and then wait ages again for the next module? 

Yes, since that was the plan made by devs, not by me, and no, they said town square is most important because it contains everything about the game, so all other modules gonna come very soon after TS because its a base for rest of things and contain most of the things they need for full release.

By putting people on other tasks the modules will release closer to each other. and they never 'promised' anything, they gave an estimated release date, not an official one. 

No, 23 april was an official date of town square release, that has been said by devs, everything before that was just eta.

It was just a month ago that we announced the official release date for the Town Square module.

This argument is not silly, its factual and factual arguments are the only good ones... where are your arguments if mine are so bad? and lastly there are a lot of people who have been waiting since 2014 and are still patiently waiting, take an example to them and wait.

All they say are just smokes and mirrors, all the dates they give before was just straight lies, whole talk about "we not showing anything because first impression is most important" to show terrible quality "gameplay video" which made worst first impression they could expect etc. tracker is same,  just easy way to manipulate release date. that's just numbers on the board that u can add or remove whatever task is done or not, the best example is "game UI" section, its just game menus, how long u can test it? u just click buttons and u know its working or not, if not, task landing o the board, if its working task is gone, u need maybe day or two to test it,  yet it looks like they testing UI for weeks. it's just a gimmick to show peoples "we are almost there" but truth is that can take how long they want, so we have last 4 tasks but it doesn't mean release is soon, I would say last tasks gonna take longer than all previous tasks

Edited by Masa

30 minutes ago, Masa said:

Yes, since that was the plan made by devs, not by me, and no, they said town square is most important because it contains everything about the game, so all other modules gonna come very soon after TS because its a base for rest of things and contain most of the things they need for full release.

No, 23 april was an official date of town square release, that has been said by devs, everything before that was just eta.

All they say are just smokes and mirrors, all the dates they give before was just straight lies, whole talk about "we not showing anything because first impression is most important" to show terrible quality "gameplay video" which made worst first impression they could expect etc. tracker is same,  just easy way to manipulate release date. that's just numbers on the board that u can add or remove whatever task is done or not, the best example is "game UI" section, its just game menus, how long u can test it? u just click buttons and u know its working or not, if not, task landing o the board, if its working task is gone, u need maybe day or two to test it,  yet it looks like they testing UI for weeks. it's just a gimmick to show peoples "we are almost there" but truth is that can take how long they want, so we have last 4 tasks but it doesn't mean release is soon, I would say last tasks gonna take longer than all previous tasks

Delays can happen in games, and no testing for bugs is not just "pressing some buttons", a bug can exist without persisting all the time, try making a game you will see that for yourself, secondly you seem like a spoiled little brat who always gets what he wants, there is no point in arguing with my previous post as all I did was state facts, facts cannot change and therefor all your thoughts you shared here have no effect on those FACTS. The plan of the devs however as you put it is wrong as well, as someone explained previously not everyone knows everything in the team, they have certain expertise and when the task of a certain someone is done what do you expect them to do? sit on their ass?

you don't wanna trust in the development? sure go ahead, ask for a refund but don't start complaining about anything and everything. There are people here who have waited just as long if not longer than you and are still patient, so again take an example to us, give the devs some slack and patiently wait.

Edited by dagtag

39 minutes ago, Masa said:

The Module got delayed from the release date, it is a delay. it happened, it happens in games, they are unavoiable unless you want to release a unfinished buggy mess.

45 minutes ago, Masa said:

In testing includes different methods of testing the things, Recreating a bug , then adding code / fixing the bug, then testing again to see if it happens anymore, also fixing 1 bug could create more bugs. 

• Like 1

Jesus what is it with people being whiny little weiners? 

I'm going to straight up tell you to either quit being a little bitch or go get a refund because you're a little bitch.

Funny how it's always the same formula, some whining asshat wants to complain about something that's got 1000+ posts where people complain about the same things everyday ??

If people really have a massive problem then walk away it's not hard, but alas they'll use the same line of " but I want this game to succeed" well if you want it to succeed then shut the f**k up and stop giving us ear ache 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I don't see why people have to complain. I know 30$ might seem like a lot of money to some people. The thing is if this game at the slimmest chance is a scam because it isn't then you only lose 30$ if you donated more but want to complain that's a you problem and no one wants to hear it. For the active ones on the forum we see this stuff a lot if not every time we attempt to browse the forums. Can people like this stop posting stuff and get a forum suspension? Cause i'm sick of these posts its obnoxious.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrClark said:

I don't see why people have to complain. I know 30$ might seem like a lot of money to some people. The thing is if this game at the slimmest chance is a scam because it isn't then you only lose 30$ if you donated more but want to complain that's a you problem and no one wants to hear it. For the active ones on the forum we see this stuff a lot if not every time we attempt to browse the forums. Can people like this stop posting stuff and get a forum suspension? Cause i'm sick of these posts its obnoxious.

We have something in common. I'm very sick of it. Sick of the dev lies and keeping everyone in the dark. Nothing like being 4 months past the original ts release and not even having an ETA. Pretty annoying and obnoxious.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 4:23 PM, Frostybeans said:

well no update in 2 days, dont look good.

It's been two days, things are still getting worked on. It's not that big of a deal, it will be ready when it's ready. :)

• Like 2

I think it would really benefit the forum community if a thread was created solely for all the "this game is a scam" "Not working on the game" "Waste of time" topics and haters, so they can all congregate and circle jerk on each other instead of filling up the rest of the community with their pathetic pessimism and lack of realistic understanding of how shit works.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dagtag said:

Delays can happen in games, and no testing for bugs is not just "pressing some buttons", a bug can exist without persisting all the time, try making a game you will see that for yourself, secondly you seem like a spoiled little brat who always gets what he wants, there is no point in arguing with my previous post as all I did was state facts, facts cannot change and therefor all your thoughts you shared here have no effect on those FACTS. The plan of the devs however as you put it is wrong as well, as someone explained previously not everyone knows everything in the team, they have certain expertise and when the task of a certain someone is done what do you expect them to do? sit on their ass?

you don't wanna trust in the development? sure go ahead, ask for a refund but don't start complaining about anything and everything. There are people here who have waited just as long if not longer than you and are still patient, so again take an example to us, give the devs some slack and patiently wait.

Bugs in UI =/= gameplay bugs. And I'm not "spoiled little brat", I just know value of the money, I'm not a teenager without obligations, I have family and I know how hard I have to work for that "extra" 30 euros for my computer game and what else I can buy for it. I also like to know what I paid for, right now I can see only vague excuses about literally everything, even new website, pushing back dates that were pushed back before I was here, lack of communication etc. So I'm getting angry about money I give them because I cant refund, only PayPal transactions can be refunded, I paid by debit card, never in my life used PayPal and never trust 3rd party payment things like that so I'm fucked, there is no way back for me.

None of your previous posts have facts,  u rather looks like a kid who falls in love with a computer game and u trying to defend it no matter what, not even knowing about an official release date and how important TS is for rest of modules, all that was mentioned by devs many times, u join forum 31 may so u are new here and u trying to teach others about things we went through many times, so I would propose u to do some research before u start blindly defend it again.

The Module got delayed from the release date, it is a delay. it happened, it happens in games, they are unavoiable unless you want to release a unfinished buggy mess.

I know it happens, and I understand it, but the thing is Identity has pushed literally every date given, for everything they are involved (gameplay video, TS release dates, new website and probably more) and that not happening in games, Identity is years out of the schedule (as I remember the first date of full game release was for 2018, yet even TS is not released) and u trying to tell me it's happening in games? I don't think so until u want to compare Identity to some scam projects like Star Citizen.

Edited by Masa