Alphoni

When are we to expect the module to be released?

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!

As I am sure we are all very excited about the release of The Town Square module, and most of us are watching the task list get updated everyday (besides weekends).

We are getting veeeery close to the release as there are only 4 objectives left to be done, 2 in progress and in 2 in testing if I remember correctly.

When do you believe the module will be released? In the upcoming week perhaps? Perhaps the week after that?

Kind regards,

Alphoni

Getting it up on Steam takes a week doesn't it? So a week after all the tasks are complete if the payment company don't hold them back more.

If a game of this scale was at beta in the relatively short time its been since kickstarter, I would regret funding it. Its 3 years since it was funded through kickstarter, for a new small company to establish themselves and develop a very ambitious game. Yes the original estimated release date should have been much less optimistic, but I wouldn't blame them for worrying that no-one would crowd fund a project 4 years off by a newly forming team.

• Like 1

Considering how fast they are updating their tracker, I'd say they'll be finished with the game within a week, give or take the testing.

1 hour ago, SynC_187 said:

Getting it up on Steam takes a week doesn't it? So a week after all the tasks are complete if the payment company don't hold them back more.

^ If it takes a week for the game to be released on steam, I'd say they should get on that right now so It'll be done and ready to give out the keys once all the updates are done, don't you agree?

And as Lightbringer mentioned, when you pledged to this project, you pledged to an upcoming game, not a yet released one. And I don't mind the waiting too much, I'll rather have a perfect game on release, rather than a game that requires updating every other day.

7 minutes ago, Alphoni said:

^ If it takes a week for the game to be released on steam, I'd say they should get on that right now so It'll be done and ready to give out the keys once all the updates are done, don't you agree?

They have to finish it before they can get it up there, otherwise they then have to queue the next update.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

While that would be a more satisfactory thing to do, it sadly doesnt work that way with steam. The team needs to wait for the final update to be ready (the update that completes TS) before they can submit it to steam for review. 

48 minutes ago, LightBringer said:

While that would be a more satisfactory thing to do, it sadly doesnt work that way with steam. The team needs to wait for the final update to be ready (the update that completes TS) before they can submit it to steam for review. 

Ahh okay! Thanks for the explanation! I guess we'll just have to wait and see when that'll be done! :)

6 hours ago, Alphoni said:

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!

As I am sure we are all very excited about the release of The Town Square module, and most of us are watching the task list get updated everyday (besides weekends).

We are getting veeeery close to the release as there are only 4 objectives left to be done, 2 in progress and in 2 in testing if I remember correctly.

When do you believe the module will be released? In the upcoming week perhaps? Perhaps the week after that?

Kind regards,

Alphoni

its 5 not 4

Edited by Frostybeans
  • ver.1.22474487139 1