Mikusiodaktyl

Suggestion on how custom clothing should work.

1. There should be in-game clothes designing and producing possibility, and there will be as far as I know.

2. Another option would give endless options as this would be modeling some piece of clothing (like assassin robes or other complicated cloth) outside Identity and posting it on a website for devs to accept or reject it, kinda like they do on steam. Not sure if this will be possible, just a suggestion. Also not sure if assassin robes would be accepted by developers, as these are kind of a trademark.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mikusiodaktyl said:

1. There should be in-game clothes designing and producing possibility, and there will be as far as I know.

2. Another option would give endless options as this would be modeling some piece of clothing (like assassin robes or other complicated cloth) outside Identity and posting it on a website for devs to accept or reject it, kinda like they do on steam. Not sure if this will be possible, just a suggestion. Also not sure if assassin robes would be accepted by developers, as these are kind of a trademark.

1. You will be able to change logos on clothes, and change patterns. I am unsure about mass-production.

2. First off, there will be no custom models for Identity, at least on official servers. They want to have some sort of modding, but haven't even worked on a system for this, as of yet. So for this question, I am unsure, but if I had an opinion I would say not to expect this, for you cannot create something out of nothing.

Edited by subway244

You can mass produce clothing and other items if you own a manufacturing corporation.

5 minutes ago, Cstove said:

You can mass produce clothing and other items if you own a manufacturing corporation.

The thing is.. can I design it fully? Or just colour, pattern, logo and that's it.

23 minutes ago, Mikusiodaktyl said:

The thing is.. can I design it fully? Or just colour, pattern, logo and that's it.

Color, pattern, logo, you can’t change the actual form of the clothing . Would be a cool feature to see in the future however.

28 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Color, pattern, logo, you can’t change the actual form of the clothing . Would be a cool feature to see in the future however.

Yeah that's what I mean, forming. Also modeling our clothes like modeling cs go skins and sending them to steam workshop should be an option in a full version, and shouldn't be THAT complicated to implement I think.

I've had this idea for designing custom clothes that I was hoping to implement in my own game someday, but I feel like it would work in Identity. Ideally, someone could choose from an assortment of individual pre-modeled pieces (like choosing a neckline for a bodice, then adding sleeves and potentially a skirt to make it a dress) and then apply a texture to the mesh. 

I apologize if this a bad explanation, but I feel like it'd be a good way to have custom clothing in a way that is somewhat doable for the developers. : )

Please don't be bloody stupid...

Make custom clothing as easy as possible to produce, Im not wasting my time with factories, this games supposed to be about expression