taure

POLL: Your feelings about the first Town Square preview.

POLL: Your feelings about the first Town Square preview.  

127 members have voted

1. 1. How did you feel during first preview of the Town Square, presented on the developer's stream?

• calm
    • hopeful
    • excited
    • fulfilled
    • happy
    • concerned
    • doubtful
    • afraid
    • horrified
    • shocked
    • disappointed
    • regretful
    • sad
    • heartbroken
    • hopeless
    • bored
    • frustrated
    • angry
    • offended
    • disgusted

Just wondering about the community's feeling about today's stream. I tried to make as many options as possible to make it easy to express yourself.

Edited by taure

It looked nice. I need to keep my expectations in check. I want to be critical...and I think they will need that when they are ready to tweak things in the future.

If we focus strictly on the module i think it looks good.
They defenetly have the core down we could notice some lagging and some wierd blur effects.
Movement looked better now then before IMO.

It will be fun to explore and see the amount of interaction they where talking about.
I like the UI look except the placement of the interaction popup.

Presentation was a bit boring i think but there is not much game there.
As we well knew, we also heard some in-game VoIP you could clearly hear where the voice was coming from.
The chess board was a nice touch for sure.

A bit disapointed that there where not more buildings open kinda makes me ask how long they will need.
Gun range will be a good addition, along with clothing store and apartments.

At least you can feel the tension lifting on this forum.

Edited by ECorp
Spelling

It looked really nice, I'm definitely excited. I don't want to be picky but I suppose if you were to force me to be critical I would say the player movement animations could be further improved to become even more realistic/natural.  Of course it would also be great if character animations could be added for all the object interactions that the player can engage in.  For example when picking up a newspaper it would be great if the character would actually go through the motions of putting in a coin, opening up the stand, and taking out a paper.  Also I could be wrong but I thought the devs previously said that inventory items would actually be visible on the player but in the video it seemed like the player would just pick up items and they would magically be added to him without him having to actually carry them.

This game has a ton of potential, it could really end up being one of the greatest games of all times.  I really hope the devs continue working on the game even after release and keep adding in more features, activities, jobs, concepts, etc in the future.

• Like 2

I'm happy to see you guys enjoyed the stream. It was a lot of fun for us to finally show it off.

To answer a couple of the concerns above, all of the buildings are enterable with full interiors. This had to be a short stream because we started an hour late and it was only supposed to be 10 minutes long to start. We'll show more!

I do agree that the player animation needs more work. They're improved, but we're still working to replace the animations for the mid-speed jog. The slower walk and sprint are pretty good, I think. I'd also like to implement more interaction animations. We do actually have some done already that just need "plugged in."

As for visibly carrying items, you're thinking of weapons. Weapons will be visible on your character and some items can also be held in your hands. There's no feasible way to show all items on your character, though.

• Like 8
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

I wonder how detailed character customization will get. As it is right now, there will be a lot of "twins" walking around. I was slightly disappointed in the female customization at this stage. Admitting they are not the right people to handle the creation and application of "makeup" was nice but, I got the impression it was not important to them. The bra straps clinging to the body curves was another noticeable issue for anyone who cares to make a female character. All in due time, I suppose. Please don't goof up female characters like Rust and some many others did. Please make it a priority when it matters.

My main issue was with the character customization front. The sliders didn't seem to slide quite enough tbh. Would love to see something as drastic in change as say The Sims games, with how each slider morphs features. u wu

Edited by ShiEksdee

I think it looks great! The first thing that struck me as a little odd was that everyone's "apartment" was located in a hotel (or did I misunderstand?). I think if I played what-if-I-was-a-dev for a moment I would have to say I would have made sure to open a door or two and maybe show off a couple of the vehicles. I would NOT show too much to let players experience it first-hand instead  but show enough to give everyone a warm and fuzzy about several pieces of the gameplay they've been hearing so much about. But....we're promised more and soon. Oh, and a question. Was 1000+ viewers a good TWITCH turnout for over 26,000 signed up? Maybe so? What do you think?

I think it looks great! The first thing that struck me as a little odd was that everyone's "apartment" was located in a hotel (or did I misunderstand?). I think if I played what-if-I-was-a-dev for a moment I would have to say I would have made sure to open a door or two and maybe show off a couple of the vehicles. I would NOT show too much to let players experience it first-hand instead  but show enough to give everyone a warm and fuzzy about several pieces of the gameplay they've been hearing so much about. But....we're promised more and soon. Oh, and a question. Was 1000+ viewers a good TWITCH turnout for over 26,000 signed up? Maybe so? What do you think?

The "hotel apartment" is just the free housing everyone starts with so they have a place to call their own and mess around with the housing editor. While I am not sure they will be town square, there are other housing types such as the Studio Apartment, One Bedroom Apartment, Luxury One Bedroom Apartment, and Two Bedroom Apartment from the higher up packages.

Edited by RonBurgundy
  • Like 1

i really enjoyed what they showed it looks nice... some things i noted......

Some of the mesh was cutting with the skin was visible under the avatar which can be fixed i am sure.... 

The sound of the fan switched from my left ear to my right ear so that was some nice 3d sound very cool stuff there.....

question is is open voice going to be available everywhere in the game?  and if we want to call someone can we just use our phone for personal calls?

other then that it looked really nice reminds of PlayStation home oh boy i miss that so much this looks really clean keep up the hard work  guys 

@Paratus and the rest of his buddies at work at his company ...

I'm really excited!

I am a bit concerned we haven't seen a jumping animation yet. Not being able to jump in a game makes me feel claustrophobic. I don't like feeling that I'm penned into an area.

Other than that? I thought it was great!

It is good to see that so far, the positive expressions outweigh the negative expressions, even though more votes will come in. I understand people have their own way of critiquing and expressing how they feel, but as time goes on with this game's release, patches, and updates, I think this game will definitely be one of its own kind. To trail off a little, I watch a lot of GTA V Role-Play and a lot of streamers have joked and such about Identity RPG but I think the more this game becomes developed, we will see a lot more people invested in it than just ourselves. So as I have voted - I was very happy and fulfilled with the gameplay preview/stream but as I said elsewhere, I do wish the preview was a little longer. I noticed Paratus said there will be more streams to come, so I hope more gameplay with interactions and such will also be broadcasted. Overall, I'm very hopeful and will continue to wait for the release of Identity RPG. I only pledged enough for the Open Beta access myself, which I feel will be like a fresh/normal start for a game like this - where I will be able to earn my way through the game's content as it releases. :)

Reminds me of crimecraft gangwars, although a bit less intuitive in terms of movement, graphics and features. Hopefully the town square area is somehow a very small part of the game or something. At least this is confirmation that it's still being worked on :)

I was not impressed by this but see the potential and investment of the facilitators and the employees behind the scenes. I hope that the model will soon be released☺☺☺

It looked awesome and I’m definitely excited for the release and it lived up to my expectations ????

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 11:41 AM, yakir77 said:

I was not impressed by this but see the potential and investment of the facilitators and the employees behind the scenes. I hope that the model will soon be released☺☺☺

Dude how the hell were you not impressed? This is solid proof the game exists and is being given a lot of effort and care put into. This is the foundation of identity and you're not even impressed? Good god I'd hate to imagine what your expectations of impressed is.

I have to say I was calm, happy, excited and fulfilled all at the same time during the town square tour.

Finally it's becoming a reality and I seriously can't wait for the module to become available to all backers. Sure we won't be able to do a lot but the things we will be able to do I'm going to get my fill of excitement.

Yes there's a few things that need to be fixed and improved but as paratus said they're working on it and it's only a case of plugging some things in which they couldn't because of time constraints.

I don't have a great deal to say but I hope now that all the full on naysayers and trolls or people who outright say it's a scam can finally accept that identity is a masterpiece in the making.

See you all in the town square.

On 5/30/2018 at 12:44 AM, Order said:

I'm really excited!

I am a bit concerned we haven't seen a jumping animation yet. Not being able to jump in a game makes me feel claustrophobic. I don't like feeling that I'm penned into an area.

Other than that? I thought it was great!

As long as there is a jump cooldown, if on the first day of law enforcement there are "bunny-hoppers", I will change my career quicker than a comet.

9 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

אני חייב לומר שהייתי רגוע, מאושר, נרגש ומילא הכול בעת ובעונה אחת בסיור בעיר.

לבסוף זה הופך למציאות ואני ברצינות לא יכול לחכות שהמודול יהיה זמין לכל תומכי. בטח לא נוכל לעשות הרבה אבל את הדברים שנוכל לעשות אני הולך לקבל את ההתרגשות שלי.

כן יש כמה דברים שצריכים להיות קבועים ומשופרים, אבל כמו paratus אמר שהם עובדים על זה וזה רק מקרה של חיבור כמה דברים שבהם הם לא יכלו בגלל אילוצי זמן.

אין לי הרבה מה לומר אבל אני מקווה עכשיו כי כל מלא על naysayers ו טרולים או אנשים אשר אומר את זה ברצינות היא תרמית יכול סוף סוף לקבל את זהותו היא יצירת מופת של ביצוע.

לראות את כולך בכיכר העיר.

What can I do that I imagine is different from you, each one has his own opinion.
I'm glad the model will come out soon. There's nothing to say about the game designers who make the days and nights the game looks good even very well and yet I thought it would look a bit more realistic.

9 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

אחי איך לעזאזל לא התרשמת? זוהי הוכחה מוצקה המשחק קיים והוא מקבל הרבה מאמץ וטיפול לשים. זה הבסיס של הזהות ואתה אפילו לא מתרשם? אלוהים אדירים אני לא רוצה לדמיין מה הציפיות שלך מתרשם.

What can I do that I imagine is different from you, each one has his own opinion.
I'm glad the model will come out soon. There's nothing to say about the game designers who make the days and nights the game looks good even very well and yet I thought it would look a bit more realistic.***

On 30/05/2018 at 1:14 AM, Mordacar said:

At least the paranoid boo-birds should be in retreat with red faces. lol

I don't think that is very fair. Before this stream, we literally had one or two gameplay videos and the rest was rendered screenshots. I think we had all the reason to be skeptical. Yes, the gameplay stream proved us doubters wrong but we wanted to be proven wrong, we want this to work we just needed more evidence. If no one was putting pressure on the devs for a gameplay video, it may never have came. So you can thank us "boo-birds" for being vocal enough about our concerns to get the gameplay video, and we can thank the devs for proving us wrong.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:35 AM, MemphisMan said:

For the Town Square, all the apartments are located in the Hotel but will be in different locations for the Beta and full game release

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1