Sign in to follow this  
N7Huntsman

Who else thinks the private server experience will be better from the sound of things?

Obviously, details are scarce this early in development, but we know two things at least: 1. Many processes on Public servers will be automated. 2. Private servers will be an option, and the owners will have control over a lot of things.

As someone who plays as and thoroughly enjoys law enforcement, I think the biggest impact that this automation will have is on the justice system. Unfortunately, metagaming is a fact of life, and while it can be mitigated, it cannot be fully gotten rid of. My concern is that the Public server system will crank out a lot of "cops" who take the role solely for the guns and cars and authority without much regard for all the actual police work entailed by RP. Thus I worry to them, "guilty" or "innocent" might boil down to a checkbox of "will the game allow me to I arrest this person?"

Obviously, I hope the developers install safeguards for this, but the fact remains--allowing people to "take a training and a quiz" to become a cop and have them promoted based upon an XP-system of sorts is going to have it's problems. Therefore, while Public servers might be an alright place to sharpen your teeth, I think that the Private servers (presuming they have a good moderation team) is going to be the better experience.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Well in this regards I totally agree with you but I think their will be a limit on how many cops their can be per server idk but I think they will include a system so roleplay with cops is better and also on private servers if u make everything human controlled although it would be cool it's just people come from all over the world they would probably want to rest or play something else as roleplay in games can be tiring so the devs said they will try make the least jobs automated so they could make as an enjoyable experience as possible 

i see your ingame future: a 12 year old moderator on a private server tells you to enter his car or he would shoot you ;)

• Like 1

Your really Optimistic and why are you judging me just because im 12 everyone is diffrent i guess you treat people by their age so if i was 18 you wouldnt be so biased would you 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

Your really Optimistic and why are you judging me just because im 12 everyone is diffrent i guess you treat people by their age so if i was 18 you wouldnt be so biased would you 

forgot the @N7Huntsman

ps: very mature reaction to something that wasn't targeted at you (sarcasm off) ;)

Edited by Shimozukachi

@Shimozukachi

You seem to come from a long line of very shitty server moderators if that's what jumps to mind when I state, "good moderation"--if that's the kind of server and community you support and perpetuate by playing with, you've got no one to blame but yourself, so quit projecting your own mistaken preconceptions on others.

The developers have stated that 1. There will be automated processes on Public servers and 2. They will support Private servers.

It's Strugeon's Law, my friend--somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% of all the private servers started will be utter garbage. However, by and by, the majority of active Private servers will be well-moderated. How can this be so? Because players are (presumably) smart enough to leave ones with shitty staff and gravitate to better servers.

Thus, while there will be instances where the incident you described occurs, it certainly isn't the future of private servers. (Ignoring the fact that very few kids 12 y/o have the funds to rent and maintain a server and those those people who do probably aren't going to bring on middle-schoolers as moderators.)

1 hour ago, N7Huntsman said:

@Shimozukachi

You seem to come from a long line of very shitty server moderators if that's what jumps to mind when I state, "good moderation"--if that's the kind of server and community you support and perpetuate by playing with, you've got no one to blame but yourself, so quit projecting your own mistaken preconceptions on others.

The developers have stated that 1. There will be automated processes on Public servers and 2. They will support Private servers.

It's Strugeon's Law, my friend--somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% of all the private servers started will be utter garbage. However, by and by, the majority of active Private servers will be well-moderated. How can this be so? Because players are (presumably) smart enough to leave ones with shitty staff and gravitate to better servers.

Thus, while there will be instances where the incident you described occurs, it certainly isn't the future of private servers. (Ignoring the fact that very few kids 12 y/o have the funds to rent and maintain a server and those those people who do probably aren't going to bring on middle-schoolers as moderators.)

ssounds like you're a 12 year old ;)

Enough with the discrimination. @Shimozukachi calm down, take your pills. i dont have a part in this thread, just stopping Shimo from going to far :D

Calm it peeps

Cheers

Innit

Herzog

P.S. Keep it cool :) 

LISfYuu.gif.bce7c43f37b3b8964960eb54c41c

Edited by Herzog

Most diffidently. I've been in a server that's a private hardcore RP server where you need to make a not so hard depending on what level of RP you are application test, if you pass, you enter. It has like around a 500 player base at the moment. And not so many people rule break. 

The only issue faced with private servers is if the backer rewards will be able to be carried over.

1 minute ago, HairyGrenade said:

The only issue faced with private servers is if the backer rewards will be able to be carried over.

Noooo! not my backer hat!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HairyGrenade said:

I find it fine. tbh, if they allow it then it good for me :P

48 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I find it fine. tbh, if they allow it then it good for me :P

They want to allow it, but it might be difficult to have the game register it on every server.

It all depends on the community / owners balance in his server. If they want to make the economy be a bit higher they do so easily with the startup cash however, the cash you get when you buy something in the store here might not be able to be moved to an unofficial server but the items might get moved, however this makes it possible to move other items around that aren't bought directly. Arh such a big system that it is impossible to know what to do.

I am almost suggesting that there should not be a transfer of items nor cash unto unofficial server  to be honest.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FlyingDuck said:

It all depends on the community / owners balance in his server. If they want to make the economy be a bit higher they do so easily with the startup cash however, the cash you get when you buy something in the store here might not be able to be moved to an unofficial server but the items might get moved, however this makes it possible to move other items around that aren't bought directly. Arh such a big system that it is impossible to know what to do.

I am almost suggesting that there should not be a transfer of items nor cash unto unofficial server  to be honest.

What about just the backer hat? Not the money or cars, just the backer hat or the clothing which is at $500 backer.

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

What about just the backer hat? Not the money or cars, just the backer hat or the clothing which is at $500 backer.

Indeed it would be nice just to have a scarf to show off or something, something that is not tradeable yet it is only in the inventory of backers.

The idea of have items you bought with real life money being transferable to official and unofficial servers doesn't really sound alright because if you join someone's game and you have the V.I.P Pledge you get a head start and I don't think it would be fun cause I know when the game releases most people will drive around and explore the map to get the taste of living on the island. So having transferable items should not be a thing and the things you pledged for should only apply to one server

4 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

The idea of have items you bought with real life money being transferable to official and unofficial servers doesn't really sound alright because if you join someone's game and you have the V.I.P Pledge you get a head start and I don't think it would be fun cause I know when the game releases most people will drive around and explore the map to get the taste of living on the island. So having transferable items should not be a thing and the things you pledged for should only apply to one server

well if you read my comment, about what they should add to the transfer you would know that would be a good thing. just cosmetic stuff, like clothing and backer hat, no car or money.