Sign in to follow this  
Mikusiodaktyl

Police pursuit squad.

If there will be players breaking the rules and going way too fast in their cars (and let's face it, there will be plenty) then police officers should have the option to turn into pursuit squad members with possibility of using high-powered vehicles, just like when there is a robbery in progress and they can turn into S.W.A.T. team members.The cars that should be avaliable for such squad members should be, imo: Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro, Skyline R34, Toyota Supra, Audi R8 etc. All with police liveries, radio and sirens of course. Their task will be to spin the chased car out of the road and arrest the driver. Pistols with normal and rubber bullets and tazers should be avaliable for them.

It will be kind of hard to go back to the station and  get a high powered car bbecause in that time the crimininal may already be gone.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 7:35 AM, Mikusiodaktyl said:

If there will be players breaking the rules and going way too fast in their cars (and let's face it, there will be plenty) then police officers should have the option to turn into pursuit squad members with possibility of using high-powered vehicles, just like when there is a robbery in progress and they can turn into S.W.A.T. team members.The cars that should be avaliable for such squad members should be, imo: Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro, Skyline R34, Toyota Supra, Audi R8 etc. All with police liveries, radio and sirens of course. Their task will be to spin the chased car out of the road and arrest the driver. Pistols with normal and rubber bullets and tazers should be avaliable for them.

This isn't Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. This is a RP Game and that means it is realistic, not fake. Don't tell me that " well it's realistic because look at dubai" because I'm pretty sure the khalifa isnt in the game and its made from CANADIAN devs. So honestly no, cause their cars and tactics should outsmart or out gun the criminal

On 29.05.2018 at 8:25 PM, Jason_Bourne said:

This isn't Need For Speed Hot Pursuit. This is a RP Game and that means it is realistic, not fake. Don't tell me that " well it's realistic because look at dubai" because I'm pretty sure the khalifa isnt in the game and its made from CANADIAN devs. So honestly no, cause their cars and tactics should outsmart or out gun the criminal

Not sure how you outsmart someone in a supercar while driving some petty cop car, or how to outgun him considering shooting while inside car isn't possible but welp, we'll see how devs will solve this problem.

Also devs might be from Canada... so what? Identity's world is fake, only based on typical USA metropolis, so it can have very well-funded police, just why not? As always, let's just leave that to devs.

Edited by Mikusiodaktyl

I'm pretty sure all emergency vehicles will have powerful engines, as it is in real life. We'll be able to keep up with most vehicles, including sports cars. Exotic or supercars might prove a challenge - even though they'll be uncommon - but then it's up to the LEOs to work together by putting up road blocks, just to give one example. We'll be fine, I'm sure.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Genesai said:

I'm pretty sure all emergency vehicles will have powerful engines, as it is in real life. We'll be able to keep up with most vehicles, including sports cars. Exotic or supercars might prove a challenge - even though they'll be uncommon - but then it's up to the LEOs to work together by putting up road blocks, just to give one example. We'll be fine, I'm sure.

Roadblocks huh? Not sure about these, but if you mean spikes and blocking the road with a couple of cars... still no, as the guy will just avoid it or turn around, lmao. Maybe police interceptors will be able to keep on with sports, but I'm not so sure about supers, so for such instances alittle more powerful pursuit car should be an option. But I could be wrong here, as we have very little informations about this topic, so we are all just guessing.. but devs will surely balance stuff out I hope.

1 hour ago, Mikusiodaktyl said:

Roadblocks huh? Not sure about these, but if you mean spikes and blocking the road with a couple of cars... still no, as the guy will just avoid it or turn around, lmao. Maybe police interceptors will be able to keep on with sports, but I'm not so sure about supers, so for such instances alittle more powerful pursuit car should be an option. But I could be wrong here, as we have very little informations about this topic, so we are all just guessing.. but devs will surely balance stuff out I hope.

Supercars are no threat. Supercars are rare, simply wait for the criminal to park then grab him.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, Mikusiodaktyl said:

Roadblocks huh? Not sure about these, but if you mean spikes and blocking the road with a couple of cars... still no, as the guy will just avoid it or turn around, lmao. Maybe police interceptors will be able to keep on with sports, but I'm not so sure about supers, so for such instances alittle more powerful pursuit car should be an option. But I could be wrong here, as we have very little information about this topic, so we are all just guessing.. but devs will surely balance stuff out I hope.

To out smart a criminal in his super car.

1. 1. communication between different officers around to set up a perimeter of road blocks, so that he can turn around but can't get away from the area. 
  2. 2. Even if you chase him constantly and keep on his tail, he will have to refuel his "Super Car" and so you can just get other officers to meet you at different points or take over the pursuit and refuel and then go back etc.
  3. You have many ways to out smart a criminal in his "Super Car" but it is you who have to think of it before he realises you have already sort out help or got more Officers setting up road blocks and check points.
  • Like 2

Being a criminal isn't just a lifestyle choice that is supposed to "pay off". It's risky, and it doesn't care about you. There is no definite end-game.

Let's say you do get in a high speed pursuit in your high-end super car, the state could very well confiscate it to say you don't total it during the pursuit.

Ultimately, there will be different server's for different play styles.. so none of this applies to every situation.

Think about it in a realistic standpoint. We DO NOT see those vehicles as Patrol Cars in Canada/United States. Instead you have FPIU's with Pursuit Package, FPIS with Pursuit Package, Dodge Chargers and More! It would be too costly to repair the vehicles, cover the insurance, and just unlikely to see "Ford Mustang GT, Chevrolet Camaro, Skyline R34, Toyota Supra, Audi R8" on patrol conducting traffic stops, accident investigations, responding to calls... it is highly too un-realistic for the Identity RP Concept. As stated, this is NOT Need For Speed, This is NOT Dubai, this is in a Canadian/American styled RP Town.

Edited by UndefinedGamer
More Insight

That's a shame. I'd still like to see pursuit cars as an option when it's needed, but if you guys say so, without these cars I mentioned. Exept Dodge Charger, this thing is a must. ^_^

12 hours ago, Mikusiodaktyl said:

That's a shame. I'd still like to see pursuit cars as an option when it's needed, but if you guys say so, without these cars I mentioned. Exept Dodge Charger, this thing is a must. ^_^

The Patrol Cars you see performing traffic stops, responding to calls, and accident investigations are PPV (Police Pursuit Version). So they are pursuit vehicles, but they arent crazy stupid cars. Pretty much the only vehicle that has a possibility of not being PPV is a SUV (IE: Chevy Tahoe, they can choose either PPV or 4WD versions).