TPlays

Weekly Hopes #2

Was the tracker a good idea?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Was the poll a good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Do you think the tracker was a good Idea?. Vote then tell us why or why not!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TPlays said:

Do you think the tracker was a good Idea?. Vote then tell us why or why not!

I think it is a good idea. It serves the community the information they need to know in-between dev blogs and Twitter Updates, and people don't lose hope about Identity when they see the tracker updated. It's also cool in the way that it puts the community more into the development process, where they can see what's happening, instead of getting updates once a month and the inner workings of Asylum Entertainment Inc. being hidden, almost. (Before the tracker)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, subway244 said:

I think it is a good idea. It serves the community the information they need to know in-between dev blogs and Twitter Updates, and people don't lose hope about Identity when they see the tracker updated. It's also cool in the way that it puts the community more into the development process, where they can see what's happening, instead of getting updates once a month and the inner workings of Asylum Entertainment Inc. being hidden, almost. (Before the tracker)

Very true I agree with you 100%

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

Oh, and by the way, is that you in the cover photo on your profile?

I think it was a good idea and certainly better than providing another deadline/date which the Devs couldn't adhere to but I think some people need to manage their expectations a bit better. Keep an eye on it myself and honestly check most evenings but there's no need to post and stress when it hasn't been updated on the occassional evening (or over the weekend for that matter ??) some tasks will take more than a day to resolve and it will appear that little has changed according to the tracker but the Devs are making progress everyday behind the scenes. I guarentee the tracker only scratches the surface of whats going on in terms of development...regardless looking forward to the release when its ready just hope the Devs realise nothings perfect and not to obsess over the smaller issues

• Like 3

1 hour ago, subway244 said:

Yes yes it is.

1 hour ago, subway244 said:

why do you ask lol

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

Yes yes it is.

why do you ask lol

Just out of curiosity xD 

i wasn't a fan of the tracker. in my eyes all the tracker was is something for the to lean on. they gave 2 dates and failed on those, so if they gave a 3rd and failed again it would be a shit show. however put a tracker and you don't have to promise anything, everything is there to somewhat see and people can make their own assumptions with nothing official. bad enough they didn't plan on the delay taking long and we are almost a month in.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

It's a good idea! Gives us people who are waiting for release some stuff to follow and we get a clear view of what is still left to do for a next milestone

5 hours ago, Theezakj said:

It's a good idea! Gives us people who are waiting for release some stuff to follow and we get a clear view of what is still left to do for a next milestone

This is almost exactly why I love it myself!

I lurk a lot on the forums and in general, but the Tracker has definitely helped a lot of us I think. Instead of waiting for a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly progress announcement, we can see the progress daily and our anticipation will still be there.

• Like 1

It's a great idea, but they should still make some changes. They didn't tell us anything about what the 'progress' they're making on the tracker, apart from vague categories like technical art and stuff which only leads to more questions. Like I said it's great but it should be coupled with brief descriptions of progress and definitely not replacements for them lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cool_Cat said:

It's a great idea, but they should still make some changes. They didn't tell us anything about what the 'progress' they're making on the tracker, apart from vague categories like technical art and stuff which only leads to more questions. Like I said it's great but it should be coupled with brief descriptions of progress and definitely not replacements for them lol

OK this is good to know. I also agree there should be a bit more explanation.

• Like 1

But ultimately do we need to know all the details? How does that benefit the game, community or the Devs? Just opens the door for more nay-saying, critisim and distraction when the Devs could just be getting on with it...

Just now, DeWaldo89 said:

But ultimately do we need to know all the details? How does that benefit the game, community or the Devs? Just opens the door for more nay-saying, critisim and distraction when the Devs could just be getting on with it...

I think we just want to be informed. Because of the rest of the delays we just want to be a little more informed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TPlays said:

I think we just want to be informed. Because of the rest of the delays we just want to be a little more informed.

Yeah that's fair enough and understandable. I think I've just a different attitude, I'd rather the game releases and that the Dev's focus on development rather than keeping us informed about a process thats always subject to change and somewhat distracts from that Development and could potentially derail or delay development at points.

Just think of all the games which you've had no input into or where theres been no transparency but still released and well loved...

Just my 2c