Bushido0

You'd think that we'd see more gameplay

Just that. In light of the TS Module being delayed (again), and it apparently being so close to being finished. One would think that you would see some more gameplay videoes and screenshots coming from the devs to whet the appetite of those excited and to calm the nerves of those skeptical. It's just a weird choice not too release more in my opinion. Thoughts?

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Bushido0 said:

Just that. In light of the TS Module being delayed (again), and it apparently being so close to being finished. One would think that you would see some more gameplay videoes and screenshots coming from the devs to whet the appetite of those excited and to calm the nerves of those skeptical. It's just a weird choice not too release more in my opinion. Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly, starting to think I've been fucked out of $100

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I agree, I want to see more gameplay.  The Devs' reasoning is they want everything to be perfect when they show off TS, because first impressions are everything in the gaming industry. 

• Like 1

Everyone complains about it being delayed, don't get me wrong, me as well. Cstove is 100% correct though. We are not gonna want to go into a game that's been worked on for like 3+ years and get something we weren't hoping for. Do not build your standards to high as of right now because we will only be in beta for TS. The game will become wayyy better as time passes. that's a fact! I want to download this game and not want to log off since this has been such a long wait they honestly have had so much time to make a game that will hit right on the nail.

2 hours ago, Cupcake said:

Everyone complains about it being delayed, don't get me wrong, me as well. Cstove is 100% correct though. We are not gonna want to go into a game that's been worked on for like 3+ years and get something we weren't hoping for. Do not build your standards to high as of right now because we will only be in beta for TS. The game will become wayyy better as time passes. that's a fact! I want to download this game and not want to log off since this has been such a long wait they honestly have had so much time to make a game that will hit right on the nail.

We just need some proof man. Thats what the man is saying. A proof that something has been done to justify the constant delays 

• Like 4

The Devs' reasoning is they want everything to be perfect when they show off TS 

4 hours ago, Cupcake said:

Do not build your standards to high as of right now because we will only be in beta for TS. 

The devs are delusional to think they can perfect a pre-alpha build, especially since this is their first game . Module 1 is definitely going to be buggy and maybe unstable.
The dev blogs should be informative on the development of the game or website and we are getting none of that. Just one concept art a month. Which should make anyone even a bit suspicious.

The team is being particularly quiet these past weeks. They promised for transparency and they gave us a tracker that is extremely vague and needs to be updated manually and they blame another company for slowing them down which is very unlikely because this team is very incompetent.       

Edited by LIM1T_
  • Like 5
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

plumis, didn't you get enough proof the last months? devs are showing stuff in the streams, on the forums, .... I agree they could show more and gameplay , but they dont:p 

Just now, Theezakj said:

plumis, didn't you get enough proof the last months? devs are showing stuff in the streams, on the forums, .... I agree they could show more and gameplay , but they dont:p 

What did they show more props or renders?

4 hours ago, LIM1T_ said:

2 hours ago, Theezakj said:

bro i saw a guy playing cs go talking about identity. Thats the opposite of proof. At least they could update dev blog and inform us.

Edited by Plumis

9 hours ago, Phantomz said:

My thoughts exactly, starting to think I've been fucked out of $100

I see where you are coming from. But you need to understand the fact that you are not getting scammed. You will see this one the task bars are complete. We are so close to it being finished. Trust me my friend!

7 hours ago, TPlays said:

I see where you are coming from. But you need to understand the fact that you are not getting scammed. You will see this one the task bars are complete. We are so close to it being finished. Trust me my friend!

I understand but its been 2-3 years and we are talking about the town square at this point, its not even the full game, not even close to it. I have been here for push back to push back to push back, delay after delay. Its getting to the point where you can't even believe what they tell you anymore, the tracker hasn't been updated in 2 days. Every time it is its just a disappointment.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Why are people always bitching about the tracker nog being updated OVER THE WEEKEND? that 's normal phantomz! It gets updated in a few hours max, because it s monday again, it s a workday. 

2 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

I understand but its been 2-3 years and we are talking about the town square at this point, its not even the full game, not even close to it. I have been here for push back to push back to push back, delay after delay. Its getting to the point where you can't even believe what they tell you anymore, the tracker hasn't been updated in 2 days. Every time it is its just a disappointment.

You mean 3 days right...?

26 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

Why are people always bitching about the tracker nog being updated OVER THE WEEKEND? that 's normal phantomz! It gets updated in a few hours max, because it s monday again, it s a workday. 

still disappointing, I have supported Asylum since early arma 3, they have gotten a lot of my money. 3 years for a town square with little game play or showing us how it all works is too much. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you, but im just saying this tracker seems like BS to me.

17 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

still disappointing, I have supported Asylum since early arma 3, they have gotten a lot of my money. 3 years for a town square with little game play or showing us how it all works is too much. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you, but im just saying this tracker seems like BS to me.

Well, you are in for the long ride, nobody can change that. 

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gometzler said:

Well, you are in for the long ride, nobody can change that. 

I have been on the ride, for I'm sure, much longer than you have..

21 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

I have been on the ride, for I'm sure, much longer than you have..

Your probably right, just wanted to say it will take as long as it has to. We wont be able to change that...

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

Just now, Gometzler said:

Your probably right, just wanted to say it will take as long as it has to. We wont be able to change that...

I dont care about how long it takes, I care about it actually happening.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

3 minutes ago, Phantomz said:

I dont care about how long it takes, I care about it actually happening.

Understood. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phantomz said:

Ok so The tracker wasn't updated for two days because they don't work on the weekends. So it doesn't update for Sat. and Sun.. Thats why the tracker wasn't updated. Second, the Town Square is the base of the game. With this module we will see the other modules come out faster and faster. Thats one thing we should be happy about. Now I only joined the forums on April 23rd. But I have been following the game for years as well. Now be happy because they are done with the website. They are just waiting for another company to do something with it. The tracker was updated yesterday and I believe we could get close to completion this week or next week! 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 5/13/2018 at 10:35 PM, Cstove said:

I agree, I want to see more gameplay.  The Devs' reasoning is they want everything to be perfect when they show off TS, because first impressions are everything in the gaming industry. 

The problem with that though is that they already did show some gameplay with very dated/amateur assets and animations while claiming that everything was placeholder. That first impression wasn't very flattering and didn't really give an incentive to buy the game. I'm on the fence, waiting for some actual gameplay from users when the town square launches.

If they raise the price before then, I just straight up won't purchase it since that would be extremely unprofessional in my opinion. They did say the prices would be going up soon, but I feel that they should release the promised content with up-to-date assets and allow people who are unsure some time to see if what is released is satisfactory or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, patrick68794 said:

The problem with that though is that they already did show some gameplay with very dated/amateur assets and animations while claiming that everything was placeholder. That first impression wasn't very flattering and didn't really give an incentive to buy the game. I'm on the fence, waiting for some actual gameplay from users when the town square launches.

If they raise the price before then, I just straight up won't purchase it since that would be extremely unprofessional in my opinion. They did say the prices would be going up soon, but I feel that they should release the promised content with up-to-date assets and allow people who are unsure some time to see if what is released is satisfactory or not.

I thought I saw you wouldnt be able to buy into the alpha once the TS was released?

On 5/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, Phantomz said:

I thought I saw you wouldnt be able to buy into the alpha once the TS was released?

If that's the case I probably won't buy the game at all. I'm not going to buy it on blind faith alone, and I won't buy the game if they raise the price and don't allow entry into released modules when a new module comes out

• Like 1