Sign in to follow this  
Mordacar

College Sports Viewing with Other Alumni at the Theater!!

To draw in millions of players in the USA, cut a deal with the Power 5 NCAA broadcast partners to live stream games at a special town theater screen. Players will pay $10 (real cash via a pay now button) to enter, half goes to Identity, half to the broadcasters. A search for "Ohio State "will tell you when to show up to see the game with other Ohio State fans!!!  A search for "Alabama" will do the same etc. It will be like a virtual tail gate party!!  All fans must agree that if they enter as a troll it only takes three votes by others in the theater to evict you with no refund.

Eventually you can build stadiums and sell out a 300 person section at the 50 yard line or half court line. The game can be time delayed and virtually recreated in 3D! 

Edited by Mordacar
  • Like 1

Hmm, this sounds interesting, but I doubt this would happen, especially the part about evicting with no refund; however, this has been one of the most interesting suggestions I have seen! I believe there could be something for viewing sports, but cutting deals, making a system for players to pay $10 to enter, and even creating a massive system like that sounds too hard on the developers, in my opinion. The evicting with no refund would stir a lot of bullcrap up, and if it takes only three votes to evict, it could be abused by players, and I don't believe enough people would pay a whopping $10 to watch a football game in a virtual world. The amount of players watching it wouldn't even generate a profit, in Town Square or in the Final Release. 

Something more meaningful and nostalgic, in my opinion, would be to replay famous games on YouTube in hangout places within Identity; like this, for example; 

However, this is strictly my opinion, based on other things I have seen and heard. Do not take any of what I say as fact, because I am simply uninformed in this region.

Some links below will provide you with some more information! :)

Edited by subway244

Yea it’s an interesting idea, but  Asylum entertainment would never be able to make this sort of deal, the stations that broadcast these games would never make a deal like this. 

1 minute ago, Cstove said:

Yea it’s an interesting idea, but  Asylum entertainment would never be able to make this sort of deal, the stations that broadcast these games would never make a deal like this. 

Yes.

Sorry you are all wrong. This concept is sound and broadcasters don’t care where people see the content if it brings in more money. I’ve made millions in the technology world.  You can stream games on an iPad with the ESPN app. Putting that stream in the theater would not be a challenge.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:38 PM, Mordacar said:

Sorry you are all wrong. This concept is sound and broadcasters don’t care where people see the content if it brings in more money. I’ve made millions in the technology world.  You can stream games on an iPad with the ESPN app. Putting that stream in the theater would not be a challenge.

Streaming on an iPad and implementing a system where players can pay $10 to watch a live stream in a virtual world are two different things. Like I said, having the "evict" vote would generate so much bullcrap. It could be abused, and people could lose $10. Also, in the full game, the actual amount of people who would pay 10 real dollars to watch a football game in a virtual world that they could watch for way less in real life would be so slim that the time it would take for the developers to create a system like this would not even be worth the effort. 

It is a cool idea, but the cost in effort would severely outweigh the actual enjoyment this system would generate.

Edited by subway244

On 5/12/2018 at 5:03 PM, subway244 said:

Streaming on an iPad and implementing a system where players can pay $10 to watch a live stream in a virtual world are two different things. Like I said, having the "evict" vote would generate so much bullcrap. It could be abused, and people could lose $10. Also, in the full game, the actual amount of people who would pay 10 real dollars to watch a football game in a virtual world that they could watch for way less in real life would be so slim that the time it would take for the developers to create a system like this would not even be worth the effort. 

It is a cool idea, but the cost in effort would severely outweigh the actual enjoyment this system would generate.

I'm talking about adding features to this game to bring in millions of players like Runescape. The value of getting an at game experience with fellow alumni/fans is well worth the fee. Apples to Oranges compared to sitting on your couch watching alone.  My tech friends could develop this in a week, it would be very easy to do. Instead of booting trolls with three votes each person could just have a mute person option.