Gutzgore

Maintenance Services

I had a career idea that I do not know if it has been discussed previously.

Is it a good idea? or are there plans for Maintenance type services as a career? The following are thoughts that came to mind that may be useful in game and could make you money:

Obvious ones may be:

Housing maintenance (maybe a plumbing leak slowly increases the cost of a doing a repair if not addressed, or a roof replacement, someone smashes into your fence).

Vehicle repair (Wheels, brakes, starter. Maybe you lost a starter and need a replacement, or just general damage to a vehicle).

Weapon repair (damage during combat, etc).

Appliance repair (Somehow tie in broken appliances to some realistic in game inconvenience, or maybe if you have a business with a critical machine to the operation dies on you and it needs servicing before your producing again).

I'm sure there may be many others and possibly sub categories. They could be skills within the career you obtain. Maybe it ties into crafting somehow.

Just some thoughts. It would be cool.

Appliance and house maintenance no.  But you could repairs cars.  And guns can be repaired, so you could specialize in that and charge people for you to repair them.

No IT repair, sadly. (I figured this is a major repair job, which is why I included it)

Cars that have minor damages will be able to be repaired on spot by a mechanic, but major damages require a mechanic to repair them in a car repair shop.

I do not believe housing maintenance will not happen because there isn't a Twitch Clip on it yet, and I wouldn't figure them adding a detailed repair system for a game like this. I do not think appliance maintenance will happen, either.

Weapon repair will happen, and weapons will degrade and break.