If they attempt to enter into your home, then yes. If they are just trespassing, I believe it is against the law to use deadly force. If they use deadly force or you believe they are about to hurt you or your property and you are not currently in the house, then you can use deadly force. Make sure to fully destroy them, because they can still sue you if you wound them. If you seek more legal advice, contact your lawyer, or google your question. I have found a couple of articles about this topic, but I can't remember where I found them.

In Identity, however, I do not believe break-ins will happen, but that could change later on in development.

Edited by subway244

1 hour ago, subway244 said:

If they attempt to enter into your home, then yes. If they are just trespassing, I believe it is against the law to use deadly force. If they use deadly force or you believe they are about to hurt you or your property and you are not currently in the house, then you can use deadly force. Make sure to fully destroy them, because they can still sue you if you wound them. If you seek more legal advice, contact your lawyer, or google your question. I have found a couple of articles about this topic, but I can't remember where I found them.

In Identity, however, I do not believe break-ins will happen, but that could change later on in development.

Yea you can NOT break into homes in Identity, and this won’t change.

3 hours ago, Lynnerup said:

First of, I'm not certain which poll this question should belong in, but here it is.

Assuming one owns a property. 
Is one allowed to shoot any infiltrators of trespassers, given the fact, that they have already asked the person to leave?
Or is this politically determined?

Thanks in advance, 
Lynnerup

If you own land like a farm or something and someone is trespassing or what not and you shoot them, you will be wanted but you can explain your case in court, and a jurry may find you innocent.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Yeah no one can breach inside your home, but someone can still get into your property. I wouldn't advice to shoot them as you'll very likely have to deal with law enforcement. If someone is just innocently walking close to your house to admire it, I wouldn't shoot him. In fact, I wouldn't shoot at anyone...

I am going to go with my gut feeling and say no on this. Murder is murder. Players cannot break into other's houses so that house is yours and it is 100% safe. It would be hard for the game's system to fairly and accurately detect if someone is trespassing  and thus allow the murder to take place.

It would often depend on the Laws that are enacted by governors or judges (depending on the seriousness of role-play within each server).