Whyplan4it

Cool, but ETA?

Question

Good evening,

I am super excited about Identity, however, a bit discouraged by the couple delays. I understand expectations vs reality, but I would really like to know the new estimated release date.  Identity has been touted as an amazingly new open world and your citizens have been itching to get in. I see the "progress," but would like a form of committed timeframe. I've paid a substantial amount for someone of my budget and I'm ready to play.

Thank you and here's to an incredible life!

Daniel

8 answers to this question

Expect a release probably in the coming month(s). More than likely by mid-May.

Edited by subway244

There is no official ETA -- any ETAs you see floating around are purely speculative based on limited information. Their way of dealing with missed deadlines was to remove deadlines altogether, so I wouldn't hold my breath for another date, nor would I expect anything in the next month at the very least. 

1 minute ago, lamona said:

There is no official ETA -- any ETAs you see floating around are purely speculative based on limited information. Their way of dealing with missed deadlines was to remove deadlines altogether, so I wouldn't hold my breath for another date, nor would I expect anything in the next month at the very least. 

I know, but I doubt it will be a year before Town Square comes out. I was simply making a realistic guess.

Realtiscialy id say by the end of may or early June, but that’s just my guess, but the devs have made great progress on the tasks remaining and we’re almost at the halfway mark for the remaining taks. :)

44 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Realtiscialy id say by the end of may or early June, but that’s just my guess, but the devs have made great progress on the tasks remaining and we’re almost at the halfway mark for the remaining taks. :)

I agree.

3 hours ago, Cstove said:

Realtiscialy id say by the end of may or early June, but that’s just my guess

I agree, I honestly think this will be out sooner rather than later. I wouldn't anticipate that being beyond the end of June at the latest...

I really think that this is what makes the devs wanna come up with release dates. All these people asking...When is it coming out? I'm excited for this game too, I switched to this platform just so I could play it when it does. But putting pressure on them for a release for the modules is a bit counter productive. I say, if we don't ask then they won't feel the need to not leave everyone asking, hanging there with their "mouse" in their hand.

They look at things and then try to estimate when things will be done by. Which as we have noticed has been missed because things keep coming up, as they will when when undertaking a project this size with limited everything. Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, AC Origins are all awesome games with a lot to do. But it's only life from one aspect. Identity is planning on being life from so many more aspects, not just criminal or hero. you gotta take into consideration how many people work on those games, with massive amounts of funding.

Red Dead Redemption has taken 7 years and it's still got a little bit to go before it releases, and everyone will pay $60 for that unless they get more expensive pre order's. Imagine how not awesome so many games would be if ppl could actually pay less for them, and not after waiting 6 months to a year. GTA would be a shadow of itself if they had to rely on us to fund it, imagine how many ppl would just want to get an awesome game for ($15)much less than it's worth.

We need to stop putting pressure on them and let them do their job. People need to weigh the options do we wanna let them do their thing, build a great game, or add to the list of problems and not solutions. Honestly thinking about it. If Rockstar was making a game this MASSIVE compared to GTA and RDR2, I can guarantee it would take atleast 10 years. They aren't limited by funding or ppl. Every aspect of life in this game is pretty much a game in and of itself. I have a Truck Driving Simulator, you can drive truck in Identity. I have games where I can be a criminal, you can do that in Identity. I have games where you can be the hero, they have the in Identity. You see where I am going with this. 

If we genuinely want this game to be as awesome as it can be...then we need to give them time. This game is like GTA, Truck Driving Simulator, EMT Simulator, Cop Simulator, Business Store Owner Simulator...Not to mention you can actually live anywhere on the map that's residential...Where else can you find that...in one game? We can't ride them like Sea Biscuit and expect that a fraction of the amount of people normally working on a game of this scale,  are gonna create a game that's bigger than anything in gaming right now, with a pittance of the funds that usually go into games a fraction of the intended size and scope of Identity.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze