DiddlyDoo54

Task Tracker Not Updated?

Hey I noticed the task tracker hasn't been updated in two days when they said they would update it everyday... Thoughts?

Everyday during the work week? People typically take weekends off. Expect a update tomorrow I'd imagine. 

They haven't said they would update it every single day of the week. Please remember they are only in the office during work days, which is from Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM (UTC -4:00). They usually manually update it at the end of their shift.

The blog regarding the delay and tracker explicitly said "It will be updated each and every day." There's a better way this could have been said if it wasn't supposed to include weekends. 

But eh, I just have to go back to my original position on it: this tracker isn't going to give you a good indication when it's done or even what's going on, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you treat it that way.

8 hours ago, LordBenji said:

They haven't said they would update it every single day of the week. Please remember they are only in the office during work days, which is from Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM (UTC -4:00). They usually manually update it at the end of their shift.

you would think for someone with as many posts as you, you would know to fact check before making statements like that, FYI read the link attached, they DO say each and every day,. that's not a " during the work week" kinda statement, also forgot to mention they have updated it on every weekends in the past.

Edited by Frostybeans

6 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

you would think for someone with as many posts as you, you would know to fact check before making statements like that, FYI read the link attached, they DO say each and every day,. that's not a " during the work week" kinda statement, also forgot to mention they have updated it on every weekends in the past.

What is the point you are trying to make I'm confused...

Guys, the devs updated/ was working every day with no days off from last Monday till this Friday just gone and so they was working for more than 7 days with no days off including last weekend. They have families like we do and so they are entitled to have at least 1 weekend without working and spending time with the family. They will update the tracker today, but please don't expect them to work 24/7 when they have lives like we all do, as everyone is entitled to a break.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Guys, the devs updated/ was working every day with no days off from last Monday till this Friday just gone and so they was working for more than 7 days with no days off including last weekend. They have families like we do and so they are entitled to have at least 1 weekend without working and spending time with the family. They will update the tracker today, but please don't expect them to work 24/7 when they have lives like we all do, as everyone is entitled to a break.

Thank you!!! I was waiting for someone to say it. People need to understand their original hours and they were stated were the whole week and then the weekends off. I don't remember where I read i but it is true.

9 hours ago, Cstove said:

Devs usually don’t work weekends.  They work Monday-Friday, 9-5 EST.

What kind of Devs are these??

I work regular 12 - 15 hour days...sometimes, when project deadlines are approaching, or an issue wont get out of my mind, 18 hour days.

The luxury of these guys :)

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 minute ago, Size3_ said:

I work regular 12 - 15 hour days...sometimes, when project deadlines are approaching, or an issue wont get out of my mind, 18 hour days.

They work in the Office which is open from 9am till 5pm EST/EDT. The building the Office is in, they do not own it. Also the devs have worked for more than what I stated but a typical set of Office working hours is 8 hours per day, 5 days a week. However it can vary over the week with hours but the devs who work in the office do not have access at home except Paratus and Motown.

18 minutes ago, Size3_ said:

Tough luck then you should be employed here in Switzerland, only 8 Hours per day and weekend off Saturday and Sunday only 5 days and also you get 5-6 week holidays ;) 

7 minutes ago, Gometzler said:

Tough luck then you should be employed here in Switzerland, only 8 Hours per day and weekend off Saturday and Sunday only 5 days and also you get 5-6 week holidays ;) 

I'm only contracted to to a certain number of hours a week - it's just throughout my entire dev career, I've always worked seemingly non-stop.

I had to consciously prevent myself from working too much as I were receiving no thanks for the additional input. haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECorp said:

Its updated now.
Not much happening tough.

Nothing really happened well because they are off on the weekends.... So i wouldn't think anything would have happened

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TPlays said:

What is the point you are trying to make I'm confused...

how is that confusing? he is stating the devs didn't say it would be updated daily, i merely corrected that statement by providing facts directly from the devs. i mean.... how is that hard to grasp?

3 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

how is that confusing? he is stating the devs didn't say it would be updated daily, i merely corrected that statement by providing facts directly from the devs. i mean.... how is that hard to grasp?

Ok. Now. Lemme explain something to you. I was confused Im sorry. People are different than you. Second, on the weekend the devs have days off. They work all week  and they literally have the weekend off. They didn't update the task chart on the weekend that they  were off. You see what I'm trying to get to here. How were they supposed to update the task chart if they weren't at the office to complete it. I don't know if  you have a job or not, I'm not saying that to be rude I am just saying I don't know your life. But if you did I wouldn't think you would want to work on your days off I sure don't. Thats all! Have a nice day and See you in the Town Square!!!

16 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

I'm a human, just like every single one of us in this thread. You'd think that everyone is going to work their butt off everyday 24-7, that's not how it works. I know they have been working overtime for Town Square, but you have to keep in mind they haven't automated the tracker yet. Also remember that not every developers are working during weekends, hence why it might be possible that there's no significant progress (completed task or anything that needs updating). I'm not better positioned than you, so the amount of posts isn't relevant to my knowledge. I'm just here to discuss and help others when I can.

14 hours ago, TPlays said:

Ok. Now. Lemme explain something to you. I was confused Im sorry. People are different than you. Second, on the weekend the devs have days off. They work all week  and they literally have the weekend off. They didn't update the task chart on the weekend that they  were off. You see what I'm trying to get to here. How were they supposed to update the task chart if they weren't at the office to complete it. I don't know if  you have a job or not, I'm not saying that to be rude I am just saying I don't know your life. But if you did I wouldn't think you would want to work on your days off I sure don't. Thats all! Have a nice day and See you in the Town Square!!!

im in the oil and gas industry, i work on my days off most times and we work 12 hours a day. 24/7 we don't rest we get the job done. if the devs wanted to be specific with when this would be updated, they should have been. with the constant delays, the always in the dark, never meeting targets or goals, people will start holding them accountable to everything they say including the wording of how they say it. i get they may not work weekends , however the tracker is on the website and i can only assume they can hit update anywhere in the world, even if there was no significant change.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

13 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

im in the oil and gas industry, i work on my days off most times and we work 12 hours a day. 24/7 we don't rest we get the job done. if the devs wanted to be specific with when this would be updated, they should have been. with the constant delays, the always in the dark, never meeting targets or goals, people will start holding them accountable to everything they say including the wording of how they say it. i get they may not work weekends , however the tracker is on the website and i can only assume they can hit update anywhere in the world, even if there was no significant change.

The dev`s have their working hours, not yours either you can live with that or not nevertheless you will have to accept that. 

1 hour ago, Gometzler said:

The dev`s have their working hours, not yours either you can live with that or not nevertheless you will have to accept that. 

Or I'll have to accept I can't trust what they say they will do. I don't care what their work hours are, they could work 2 hours a day for all I care. If your going to tell a community you will do something I would think they would stick to it.

5 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

Or I'll have to accept I can't trust what they say they will do. I don't care what their work hours are, they could work 2 hours a day for all I care. If your going to tell a community you will do something I would think they would stick to it.

You need to be more understanding. Thats all!

39 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

And what is your goal here? Dev’s will update however they like you can not change that. The only thing you have to accept is that you have no control over how they work and deliver us Square Town.

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1