Gometzler

Guns and Rifles

So I am wondering who of you dose collect weapons? What kind of weapons do you have and do you also use them on shooting range or just to collect. Also do you need your weapons because you work for law enforcement?

I am Swiss and we have quite a liberal weapons policy and it's not that hard to get weapons if your not a criminal. There was recently a newspaper stating that out of  8.3 million swiss inhabitants there are 2 million weapons and rifles registered, not counting the ones that are not registered.

I  started to collect and shoot weapons about 2 years ago. I own following weapons:

• Sig Sauer P226
  • Sig Sauer P320RX Full Size
  • Glock 17
  • New  B+T APC9
  • Coming soon Ruger Precision Rifle, caliber .308 Win

PS: So now I had time to upload some pictures. First pic is SIG P320 Full Size and second pic is SIG P226 and Glock 17, last pic B+T APC9 not my picture 

p320rx.jpg
sig_glock.jpg

APC9_1.jpg

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

Maybe this might also be interesting for some of you guys. After Military in Switzerland you get to keep your rifle mine was a SIG 550. Nearly every Swiss which ware or is enlisted to Military has his rifle at home. This Weapons most of them up until 2008 did not have to be registered with the police, considering they are full automatic which are now forbidden and can not be purchased only semi automatic.  
Swiss Armed Forces functions as a militia

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

I don't have any guns atm because I am too young. When I am older I do want to get my license for open carry and carry a colt .45. I shot a gun before and it was awesome but I don't see myself spending a whole lot of money on guns in the future.

• Like 1

Yea open carry would be nice but not possible where I am from, only law enforcement, trained security personnel and military are  allowed to open carry. Going  to be posting new pic's on wednesday. My new B+T APC9 arrived today at my local weapons dealer store.

PS: Forgot to say here you only need to be 18 to be able to  purchase weapons.   

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 1

I own a couple of guns.

Mosin Nagant 91/31

Yugo SKS 

2 Stevens Savage 320 Shotguns one 12 Ga and a 20 Ga

a Bolt Action single shot 22 which was I believe home made or something.

And a Ruger 10/22

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CipherN9ne said:

I own a couple of guns.

Mosin Nagant 91/31

Yugo SKS 

2 Stevens Savage 320 Shotguns one 12 Ga and a 20 Ga

a Bolt Action single shot 22 which was I believe home made or something.

And a Ruger 10/22

Some nice rifles you got there. Do you by any chance hunt? I consider myself more of a collector.

• Like 1

I don't hunt yet. Im getting my hunter license this year after I take the test. Most of its just for collecting

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CipherN9ne said:

I don't hunt yet. Im getting my hunter license this year after I take the test. Most of its just for collecting

Ok cool.

Hunting here is extremely regulated and you need to make a apprenticeship which takes one and a half year after that exams are necessary. You also need to be a part of some kind "Hunting Association" and need at least 100 hours of training. Then you get your own hunting license.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gometzler said:

Ok cool.

Hunting here is extremely regulated and you need to make a apprenticeship which takes one and a half year after that exams are necessary. You also need to be a part of some kind "Hunting Association" and need at least 100 hours of training. Then you get your own hunting license.

Just out of curiosity, who is that man in your profile picture?

19 minutes ago, subway244 said:

Just out of curiosity, who is that man in your profile picture?

:D Good question...  that's me!!!

• Like 1

Unfortunately I had to bring one of my new APC9 "long version" back because of a defective red-dot sight. :(  
Not sure how long it will take to get fixed or replaced.

• Like 1