N7Huntsman

Who here has law enforcement "experience?"

Depending on what you consider experience, I have plenty of law enforcement training and experience under my belt. I was the leader of a semi large GTA IV police clan which had its own YouTube channel. The YouTube part of that is unnecessary but I mentioned it anyways. I learned all RCMP police codes, and have even done a police ride along in real life as part of my high schools career center job shadows. I've played as a realistic law enforcement in so many GMOD RP servers its ridiculous. I've also played a lot of LCPDFR and had a police job position in SantosRP which is a private GMOD server. I am with out a doubt going to be law enforcement in Identity and from what I have seen with how in depth the game is and the vehicles are I cant wait to get into the game and patrol the streets. I hope the town square module will have a taste of the police station and some police vehicles.

I have been roleplaying police officer in San Andreas Multiplayer and also have been playing GTA V/ GTA IV PD:FR mods

Also I wanted to get in police colage this year but I failed my entry exams so Im going there next year.

I have never had any true 'real life' experience as a law enforcement officer (unless you want to count a few ride alongs). But in the game world, I've hade my fair share of work:

For a few examples:

1.) I was in Arma 2 patrolling around in my car watching people cringe as I pulled up behind them after they sped through an intersection, or past a stop sign, or in some cases run over the stop sign.

2.) (Again in Arma 2 - same server) I was assigned as a helicopter pilot for when there was a high-speed chase or a manhunt. Simple as that nothing ever to exciting, just me sitting above some poor ole' chap talking into my radio and telling the ground crew where to move.

3.) (Again Arma 2 - private server) Then there was a time when I worked as a 'Park Ranger' sort patrolling through the forests of Chernarus watching for illegal hunters. Then again doing the same sort of job but out on the waterfront, checking people who were going into the turtle hunting territory.

4.) Then there was the old DarkRP GMod policing, which never too intense was kind of fun. It's pretty self-explanatory, as I jailed screaming children after they ran through the street RDMing poor civilians.

I never tried out the SantosRP thing, I heard that it had some pretty good policing systems. Though after going through DarkRP I've never really had the urge to go back to any GMod Roleplay servers since.

Then there's the good old Altis life that I've wanted to get my hands on since forever, I wish I had a computer powerful enough to run it, sigh...

But after hearing about the system that will be implemented into this game, I couldn't just not look into it; And after reading through much of the forum I can firmly say that without a shadow of a doubt within' my heart I will be a Police officer in Identity and man I can't wait!

I work for the Department of Corrections myself IRL, Salute to all of the current and fallen warriors of law enforcement, brothers are among you!

I have police experience on Gmod Santos RP  on NTF and I also was an officer on RISE Takkistan life on Arma 2 oa. so  I have experience.

Edited by JohnDanelson

Well we work with the OSCO as volunteer's but we do the exact same as the sheriff deputy's . I have basic knowledge for call signs and 10-0 codes, I can manage to handle uprising situations in the time of it being needed while keeping my surroundings in check . Can i apply my skills to this video game? Well im not so sure about that.

okaloosa+county.png

Edited by unaturalz

I'm active law enforcement employed by mid-sized County Sheriff's Office in the state of Florida with roughly 1,100 employees. I've got LE experience which includes patrol and being an FTO. I've been assigned to the property crimes unit as a burglary detective for the past two years. 

My RP gaming experience comes from playing 3yrs of Arma3 Life. I'm looking forward to the release of Identity and I'm willing to help where I can. 

Looks like the law enforcement aspect of this game has generated a bit of interest, good!

While my experience with law enforcement in gaming is limited to that cops v robbers version of Battlefield, I do have real law enforcement experience. Any game I've seen/played regarding some level of realism in policing has been a let-down.

I have been on the streets, kicking in doors and searching houses (for bad guys, as well as to help someone injured), pulling over vehicles and searches, getting warrants signed by the judge, etc. The Police Department I worked for also had its own holding cells, so we had to be familiar with booking procedures and caring for those locked up before seeing the judge. I have not worked in corrections or at a county jail where people were locked up for extended periods as the longest we held someone was about 12 days.  

I also have experience as an investigator for the state, having worked on/assisted in Human Trafficking cases, fugitive apprehension, money laundering, public integrity (going after corrupt officials), and testifying in court. I have arrested people "on the spot" as well as let them go to investigate further/await lab results to file an arrest warrant with the judge (hint to the Devs!)  

I'm excited and optimistic about the vision for this game from a player standpoint as well as a standpoint of a digital social experiment.

The level of realism and layers to policing alone could be EXTREMELY deep. The question is how deep is this game willing and able to go?

My experiences could absolutely help in the development of this area of the "game" (seems like something this ambitious needs to be called something different/more than a game). While I am not the end-all, be-all expert on policing, I have lived it and I am certainly willing to provide some time and thoughts to help with the development and immersion of this project. One thing I'd like to ask those that are the decision makers is to NOT make the same old progression mistakes of other games. A police officer on the streets does not necessarily want to become a detective.

It is not some Patrol->Sergeant->Detective->Supervisor->Chief->Sheriff or whatever variation. Patrol officers who enjoy what they do can spend their entire careers doing that and progress very nicely.    

I hope I can help. 

Brandon

Reiserb brings up a very valid point and I hope it's taken into consideration. Career development for in-game ranking seems important however like he mentioned there are people that will want to stay in a patrol function without hindering or stalling their LE career. 

This can easily be achieved as their are many functions that support career development within the same division without having a stagnant feeling. I'll lay out a few hypotheticals for the enforcement (patrol) and investigative (CID/detective) bureaus .

Patrol - newly assigned officers/deputies are RD's (recruit deputies) and are paired with an FTO (field training officer). They graduate to become solo. From the point of being solo their "career" begins. Their rank structure begins..

Deputy

Deputy 2nd class

Deputy 1st class (FTO)

Sergeant (squad manager)

Lieutenant  (oversees mgmt of multiple squads). 

Captain (manages a district) 

Patrol Major (Bureau chief, reports directly to the sheriff)

Investigative bureau 

1. Property crimes - Responsible for investigating any/all property crimes of significant  $$$ loss.  Includes multiple detectives, split into separate squads. Detectives are assigned to specific zones. (1) sergeant per squad. (1) Lieutenant oversees the entire property crimes unit.

2. Person crimes - investigates any crimes involving physical violence (battery,robbery,kidnapping, shootings..) same personal structure as above. 

3. Homicide - investigates murders and wrongful deaths. Consists of a similar personal structure however much smaller in size. No specific zone assignment. 

CID Captain - manages the entire investigative bureau.

CID Major - Bureau Chief, reports directly to the sheriff.

Something similar to the above would provide career development by providing multiple different options and an in depth feeling of emmersion. I strongly think having only one path to career development would feel very arcade like. 

Edited by TheNewGuy1

I'm an officer in my local city. Aside from that, I tried Arma 3 Life and I didn't enjoy it as much as Arma 2 Life policing.