Jinx

Over reacting much?

Was it bad news? well of course it was, but reading these forums you'd think the world had ended, relax, it hasn't. As I've said before, they have made a lot of mistakes thus far, and guess what, it's very likely they'll make some more. The transition from mod makers to pro's has been a rocky one for sure.

Lets just be honest for a moment though. Isn't this hysteria all a bit too much? To be fair, Asylum have created quite a lot of it themselves, but even so, these forums read like the domain of a bunch of spoiled five year old kids. 'Wahhhhhhh I want my game'.....seriously? The only real danger here is faced by Asylum themselves, if they fail then they'll have to pay back every penny, not to mention the fact that their reputations will be ruined. All we have to do is be patient, there are much bigger projects, from far bigger developers, that have had a much rougher time than this......it could be worse, we could have invested in Star Citizen lol

For now, lets all try to calm down and have a little bit of faith. what was once a very constructive community has turned into something silly, and people who have not invested in Identity come here and read all this....we're not helping, we're just making it worse.

• Like 7

Good post, it was very needed with the recent topics.

I agree, i lot of people are angry, which in fairness i guess they have a right to be, but if you way up all the terms its more than expected that the game got delayed because their not up to there first thought timeline. 

They have a small development team, they are building a game from complete stand still start, and are adding a lot of detail into every aspect. The worst thing they have going for them at the moment, is the community. While some say its too late, i personally think to developers should have weekly or bi-weekly dev blogs, even if very small or brief. This way it will keep the players/investors in the loop and have the community knowing what stage they are up to. 

But yes, people should criticise less and be more understandable, but in the end its a 2 way street. 

good post! literally everyone is just freaking out on the forums, saying its a fake, scam etc, freaking out about delays, or freaking about their money.

CHILLAX! it s a game in development, if you pledged you knew that it was a game in development and you are just supporting the devs who are trying to make a great game. Chillax a bit more and wait, world has not ended, live your life and come take a look back in 2 weeks or so. 

• Like 1

The others have a fair right to be angry, but you do have a point. This game isn't a scam. Steam, a respectable company, has approved it. Steam it going to follow through on what they've promised. If they didn't, they'd lose a lot of their reputation. Asylum isn't getting anoher change if they botch this up. It can only end badly for all sides if this game flops. I believe the consumers have a right to be miffed, but claiming this game is a scam simply doesn't hold up anymore.

Also, I would just like to clarify that I, myself, am not mad at all at Asylum. I support this game. I just believe that there are acceptable causes for the frustration of fans.

Very good info, good and I support it
But I'm not surprised that there is frustration
so I'm slightly disappointed myself. But I understand a small team,
If the hoped-up module comes out this month, it will be Hit
That's all they'll forgive everyone :)

Some video of a dev using the Town Square module as it exists today would go a long way in addressing concerns about the status of the game.

I like what I heard in the last twitch stream but you know what they say, "seeing is believing" .

I feel that the main problem we have is that people call the game a "scam" because we haven't actually seen any real extensive gameplay of TS at all. We've seen the original gameplay released with the announcement of the game, and then the small "Meth Dealer" trailer that took way to long to make and didn't live up to the promises made to the community by the devs about it. We as a community haven't seen any gameplay of the TS module, only pictures and designs of furniture. Many, if not all of the current problems in the community would be solved if the devs would show more transparency and actually show off the game instead of being extremely conservative about their first impression, which by the way is currently fogged by the, and I'm saying this as the idea of being a person looking into this for the first time, lies and misleading of the devs, which makes this oh so perfect "first impression" worthless.

5 hours ago, Koalaa said:

a small development team, they are building a game from complete stand still start, and are adding a lot of detail into every aspect. The worst thing they have going for them at the moment, is the community. While some say its too late, i personally think to developers should have weekly or bi-weekly dev blogs, even if very small or brief. This way it will keep the players/investors in the loop and have the community knowing what stage they are up to. 

Sounds familiar what game this did this and turned around from almost dead?
Thats right Facepalm, (Rust) alpha they got a lot of hate since they where so small team.

They posted a weekly update from all the developers in the office.
Showing what was being worked on, sometimes only written about if early.

It helped a lot and that game is stile going strong in some circles.
I remember a interview with Newman a long time ago.
Stating that this is what saved them, Asylum has been told the same thing.

But for some resson they refuse to do so, dont expect them changing now.

I feel that many people have the right to be upset, but I do see your point. Hopefully TS Module comes out soon, excited for new website and trailer!

people simply want particulars, not assurances
Good game show, Trailer, Town Center Modul trailer 

7 hours ago, Jinx said:

Was it bad news? well of course it was, but reading these forums you'd think the world had ended, relax, it hasn't. As I've said before, they have made a lot of mistakes thus far, and guess what, it's very likely they'll make some more. The transition from mod makers to pro's has been a rocky one for sure.

Lets just be honest for a moment though. Isn't this hysteria all a bit too much? To be fair, Asylum have created quite a lot of it themselves, but even so, these forums read like the domain of a bunch of spoiled five year old kids. 'Wahhhhhhh I want my game'.....seriously? The only real danger here is faced by Asylum themselves, if they fail then they'll have to pay back every penny, not to mention the fact that their reputations will be ruined. All we have to do is be patient, there are much bigger projects, from far bigger developers, that have had a much rougher time than this......it could be worse, we could have invested in Star Citizen lol

For now, lets all try to calm down and have a little bit of faith. what was once a very constructive community has turned into something silly, and people who have not invested in Identity come here and read all this....we're not helping, we're just making it worse.

I am more understanding for Asylum. I understand that they are a small team working on a huge game and I cant wait to see how it turns out. I still support the game 100%! See you in the Town Square!

23 hours ago, ECorp said:

Sounds familiar what game this did this and turned around from almost dead?
Thats right Facepalm, (Rust) alpha they got a lot of hate since they where so small team.

Exactly, i follow Rust and its development because i enjoy the game, but i love their once weekly updates that turned into monthly. It worked so well in terms of relaying information and updates. I would love this to become a feature of Identity developments.

3 minutes ago, Koalaa said:

Exactly, i follow Rust and its development because i enjoy the game, but i love their once weekly updates that turned into monthly. It worked so well in terms of relaying information and updates. I would love this to become a feature of Identity developments.

Yes i don`t understand way Asylum can`t do that?
@Paratus , @Motown , @Beach_Ball ?