winampw

I feel like the devs should give us something back (in-game items/currency) to make up for all the delays.

Recommended Posts

We, the people who gave our money to them when they didn't have anything have been waiting for a very, very long time now. And I feel like the developers really feel like they need to give us something (in-game items/currency) back for all the waiting. It would be polite imho to do a nice gesture towards the long waiting (money giving (without us you couldn't even do anything right?) community. Last year/months, the community hasn't always been treated professionally by the devs.  

 

Just an idea.

 

Edit: we are just getting a founder hat lmao

Edited by winampw
Grammar correction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude thank you so much for letting me know! This really restores some trust in the developers <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats only for $250 and $500 pledges the rest gets nothing.
And will be milked more when new website is up and shop is open.

Edited by ECorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 10:13 AM, ECorp said:

Thats only for $250 and $500 pledges the rest gets nothing.
And will be milked more when new website is up and shop is open.

 

Yep for now, this might still change who knows, only the dev's do. Also nobody is forcing you to purchase anything when the new website goes online. Everybody can decide for them self what they want to spend their money on.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pledges are donations, not purchases. The things included within them are just rewards for donating. Video game development has delays, and you shouldn't worry over them for you haven't purchased Town Square, it just comes with your donation as a reward. Wanting compensation is silly, because you knew about delays before you donated. However, Town Square should release soon, so stay tuned for more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... You sound like that we have not asking about this....

THE community... Been asking for a trailer or something from Town Square from 2016... And still nothing... Town Square is like hell and heaven... We hear about it but we have never seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@subway244 Not true with the " because you knew about delays before you donated. " some of us have donated with the understanding that the modules would be released months ago heck some can argue it was supposed to be released a year ago. We didn't know that we would get so many gosh dang delays. I think doing something special for those who donated would be a great idea. We all know that the game devs have not addressed these delays well at all. So this could help fix that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HAWK said:

@subway244 Not true with the " because you knew about delays before you donated. " some of us have donated with the understanding that the modules would be released months ago heck some can argue it was supposed to be released a year ago. We didn't know that we would get so many gosh dang delays. I think doing something special for those who donated would be a great idea. We all know that the game devs have not addressed these delays well at all. So this could help fix that.

 

I do agree, but you need to understand that it was a donation, not a product purchase. You donated for the development of this game, not to purchase the Town Square. You jumped into the video game development wagon by donating and becoming part of the community, and delays are part of it. I hate that some people had to wait for years, but that is just part of it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself am following this game for a long time now, I knew about the delays and still pledged this year february for the Speed Demon package with awareness that things might still not go as planned. But that is the risk you take in investing. It's everywhere the same all over the world.

Edited by Gometzler
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, subway244 said:

I do agree, but you need to understand that it was a donation, not a product purchase. You donated for the development of this game, not to purchase the Town Square. You jumped into the video game development wagon by donating and becoming part of the community, and delays are part of it. I hate that some people had to wait for years, but that is just part of it.

 

Yes, but the fact is we donated for a game that the game devs said they can deliver in a specific time frame (last summer these modules were supposed to start coming out or at least have videos of them) and the truth is they haven't hit any of the deadlines. All I'm saying is that giving the community some cool stuff in return for sticking with them this long is the right thing to do. I understand the differences, but I also understand when the community has waited far too long based off of release dates that never were completed. Therefore the community should be given something in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HAWK said:

Yes, but the fact is we donated for a game that the game devs said they can deliver in a specific time frame (last summer these modules were supposed to start coming out or at least have videos of them) and the truth is they haven't hit any of the deadlines. All I'm saying is that giving the community some cool stuff in return for sticking with them this long is the right thing to do. I understand the differences, but I also understand when the community has waited far too long based off of release dates that never were completed. Therefore the community should be given something in return.

 

So where do you draw the line? So say someone pledged early 2017 and someone else pledged 3 months ago or even last week, is it fair they get the same rewards? You could argue well he's only pledged a week ago, he doesn't deserve anything because he's not been through what some of us have.

Yes delays are annoying but so are self entitled people. You pledged, not bought. Even if they did release it early I bet the very same people would then be moaning that it's unplayable and full of bugs. If you wanted to buy, then wait for it's proper release when it's a full game. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry but i hate posts like this. this is just self entitlement on a textbook definition example.

you made the decision to back this game, no one forced you to just like no one forced the rest of us to make a pledge. sure there's been a few delays more than we'd like but that's life and you don't get what you want all the time, but you're spitting your dummy out demanding for more because it's not here when you want it, take some advice and be thankful it's not norway telling you this because she wouldn't put up with this for a second and i have to agree. make a choice either get a refund or put up and shut up because it's one thing to voice concern and disappointment but to say the devs owe us for a game we chose voluntarily to back is just pre-school behaviour

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now