brain

BORDER AND CHECKPOINTS

will there be checkpoints to search cars and checking for ID s and will there be border patrols between 2 cities?

Id say that the map might be a bit small for a checkpoint, youd be passing through it every half an hour or something but in Atis life it was very fun to be running a checkpoint so if i was playing cops id like to see it as a possibility 

Ultimately, the checkpoint would need some sort of purpose, and you typically see them set up between controlled and uncontrolled areas to stop the flow of weapons, drugs, and other contraband. Maybe we'd establish DUI checkpoints from time to time, but with the map being two circular islands, it seems unlikely established checkpoints would serve much purpose.

21 hours ago, Herzog said:

Id say that the map might be a bit small for a checkpoint, youd be passing through it every half an hour or something but in Atis life it was very fun to be running a checkpoint so if i was playing cops id like to see it as a possibility 

NOT TRUE identity map is 250 km bigger than gta 5 map 65 km 

• Like 1

I THINK:

It is all up to the political party at hand and task.

They have the power to grant checkpoints if not they could improvise like roadblocks with police cars and such.

• Like 4

Agree with @FlyingDuck. Cops shouldn't be able to put one up when they feel like it. If their is a common risk of weapons or drugs in a certain area then the governer should have to say whether they want a CP set up or not 

On 26-3-2016 at 2:54 PM, FlyingDuck said:

Why would this be needed?

I mean I guess the governor/president decides that.

I agree!

Having ID checks between 2 towns is something I never see... They get checked with speeding anyway.

The goverment could rather use their time to catch real uhm... TRAITORS! No- wait. I take that back.

Yeah, uhm. I do not nor do I want to actively purpose an option for the goverment to follow. All I do is simply walk on the edge of the law and the edge of the cell.

Oh I might actually turn that into a life line here.

" Hey son, always remember this. Life is all about balancing the play hard and work hard. It is like walking on a stone fence between hell and heaven."

Holy dapper that sounded good. Come on, that sounded so good if you say it in a sexy voice.

7olGET1.gif

Well I think that if the police are looking for a criminal they should set up check points like at the edge of the city where the "wanted" guy was last seen, so say a 2 - 5 mile radius or something. Thats would help them just search and maybe trap the guy in the city if he tries using a car after they are set up.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2016 at 8:30 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I think that if the police are looking for a criminal they should set up check points like at the edge of the city where the "wanted" guy was last seen, so say a 2 - 5 mile radius or something. Thats would help them just search and maybe trap the guy in the city if he tries using a car after they are set up.

Yea they could just block the road with their cruisers and set up cones and such and look for the suspect Vehicle within the Perimeter

This isn't a country, this is a county at most or a single municipality. And checkpoints? If this does indeed take place inside the US, checkpoints are against the Constitution, but you could set up sobriety checkpoints.

I do not think PD should be able to throw up a random check point at any given time in between cities. I agree with @Herzog If the current Govenor/President feels the need to set up a "sting" in a certain area that might be ok. But I do feel that DUI checkpoints maybe once a week in random places chosen by the police chief would be good RP for both PD and Citizen and who knows it could lead to some exciting moments!

Edited by Doc_Rogers
edited info
  • Like 1