TheGingerOne

Release Date

I was told that the town square would be released on the 23rd of April and that we would be sent an email with a redeem code for steam, it is now the 24th and i haven't revived any email. Does anyone know if the release date has changed and i just haven't got the email?

The module isn't finished yet. The team will send the keys out when it is done. If you check the modules tab and find the TS module, there is a task tracker that should give you an estimate of when it will be done. Or, you can take a peek at that helpful table offered above! :D

3 hours ago, KarMagick said:

They stripped the release date a day before release, whole thing's starting to smell fishy.

You mean 3 days before. Monday is not the day after Friday.

At the end of the day, they still notified us on the problem they came across. They need this launch to be perfect or they will lose alot of people.

They are still doing the 2x weekly streams to keep us informed/updated. They have even put out a tracker. I mean what more do you want from them. They are trying the best they can do.

If you cannot support the devs for pushing back to try and make the game a little more perfect then i suppose this isn't the community for you

Edited by WilsonPlays

15 hours ago, WilsonPlays said:

At the end of the day, they still notified us on the problem they came across. They need this launch to be perfect or they will lose alot of people.

They are still doing the 2x weekly streams to keep us informed/updated. They have even put out a tracker. I mean what more do you want from them. They are trying the best they can do.

If you cannot support the devs for pushing back to try and make the game a little more perfect then i suppose this isn't the community for you

I don't think anythings wrong with that, I think its good that they want to put more time into this rather than release it for the sake of releasing, I just wanted to know if it was a problem with not receiving an email or if it was not released yet

Yes the game was pushed back. But you can watch the streams and check the task chart to see how much they still have to do! Don't lose hope!

On 4/24/2018 at 6:14 PM, LuckyDuck said:

You mean 3 days before. Monday is not the day after Friday.

Hardly the point.

The tracker of today looks actually the same as yesterday actually a bit more undone then yesterday? 

21 hours ago, CloudyMedusa920 said:

The tracker of today looks actually the same as yesterday actually a bit more undone then yesterday? Compare it with instagram one that is also updated daily

On 4/24/2018 at 3:17 PM, WilsonPlays said:

The only problem I have with comments like this is, have you seen any of the recent 'major' launches? Every single one of them were pushed back by YEARS because of, "wanting to fully optimize and have a perfect launch" and they ended up dying within days because it wasn't anywhere close to optimized or perfect. 

I'm 100% an advocate of this game, or at least the idea of the game. But I've been here a really long time, and a lot of it seems like shooting themselves in the foot every time they push it back for some promises of future glory (it's just referred to as 'devspeak' now) only for everyone to most likely be disappointed in the end.

This is just the first module, last I heard there was supposed to be four modules released in the span of a year and if you think each one of those isn't going to be delayed as well then you haven't been playing games very long. We will give you all the time in the world for quality, but if the launch is anything short of perfect after asking for that much time over and over again the refund rate will be insane. Pretty soon we'll be four or five years in and all the liberals will be saying "it's early access what do you expect" with the heep of problems that are sure to follow, there's value in being able to follow your own time lines.

Ideally once the first Module is released the other Modules will have a big template to go off. I understand everyone's point of it being delayed and of course i do respect the opinions. 

'Early Access' obviously is something that we all know is becoming a major problem, game being unfinished, sloppy starts or just slower updates once the release. In my opinion yes they could have released the TS on time but would it be at a cost? 

Would the game be buggy as hell, would the optimisation be stable?. Would there be enough content to keep players occupied whilst updates are being distributed out?

If they are released the TS on time, i personally think they would have ended in a worse position than pushing the early access back. People are not going to play a game that has no content or is unplayable. They are going to complain that this is all they received for all the money they backed into the game.

After this i am hoping the game is to be released within a few weeks. Once the tracker is completed then we wait 1 week for steam to verify the game.

Thanks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WilsonPlays said:

Ideally once the first Module is released the other Modules will have a big template to go off. I understand everyone's point of it being delayed and of course i do respect the opinions. 

'Early Access' obviously is something that we all know is becoming a major problem, game being unfinished, sloppy starts or just slower updates once the release. In my opinion yes they could have released the TS on time but would it be at a cost? 

Would the game be buggy as hell, would the optimisation be stable?. Would there be enough content to keep players occupied whilst updates are being distributed out?

If they are released the TS on time, i personally think they would have ended in a worse position than pushing the early access back. People are not going to play a game that has no content or is unplayable. They are going to complain that this is all they received for all the money they backed into the game.

After this i am hoping the game is to be released within a few weeks. Once the tracker is completed then we wait 1 week for steam to verify the game.

Thanks

This is how I see it with regards to content... development takes time, testing takes even longer. Once TS gets released, it isn't going to contain any features that'll keep players occupied longer than a week because it's not a demo or full beta, it's a part of the beta. 
As far as I see it though, regardless of when TS comes out, if players log in to the TS module and run around, they shouldn't be entitled to the refunds anymore, as they've played the game and used the beta access feature. It isn't a "test-drive" in the end of the day...

• Like 1

Just now, iiMStevo said:

This is how I see it with regards to content... development takes time, testing takes even longer. Once TS gets released, it isn't going to contain any features that'll keep players occupied longer than a week because it's not a demo or full beta, it's a part of the beta. 
As far as I see it though, regardless of when TS comes out, if players log in to the TS module and run around, they shouldn't be entitled to the refunds anymore, as they've played the game and used the beta access feature. It isn't a "test-drive" in the end of the day...

Yeah your right. But of course we need cannot give them a reason to request a refund. If there is something to do then we they will ahve to suffer because it is there loss.