Sign in to follow this  
polygamer96

Delay time

Just going over some of the art stuff remaining to be done from the list:

2D Graphics [1 Tasks]

- UI Icons (only a few left - maybe done by end of today)

Animation [1 Tasks]

- Push door open/pull door closed (non-essential - being worked on now, shouldnt be more than 1 hour to finish

Character Art [1 Task - multiple things]

- Character/clothing LOD's (~3 hours for all that we need, will help performance a lot)

Environment Art [6 tasks]

- fix collision on bank and DMV building (a few minutes of work)

- Interior/exterior transitions (level streaming) for a few buildings (being worked on, don't expect more than few more hours of work, but Pav tends to push things to client in batches so waiting on his next batch update)

Props

- A hotel desk bell (non essential - done in 10 minutes but hasnt been started, not important at all for launch)

Technical Art

- lots of little things, most aren't essential, but quality of life improvements since waiting on programming stuff. We'll ship with or without much of this if we have too

UI & UX

- Some menu stuff, being worked on now. Probably done by end of today or monday

From what Paratus said, how much time do you think the game is delayed for?

Edited by polygamer96

Im giving it another month... because the tracker it self is so vague and weird... idk if I trust the estimates they put on it..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bryan_Mills said:

All of these tasks makes it look like it will take them a week. Nothing more.

A week is pretty dang optimistic when they stated they haven't even upgraded the tracker to its fullest potential even yet.

6 minutes ago, Frisky said:

A week is pretty dang optimistic when they stated they haven't even upgraded the tracker to its fullest potential even yet.

It is small adjustments that should be possible for a team. According to their tracker it is just a few hours of work.

Considering they are dedicated to this all workdays.

49 minutes ago, Bryan_Mills said:

It is small adjustments that should be possible for a team. According to their tracker it is just a few hours of work.

It should be possible... it also should have been possible to hit their second stated release time... but look where we are at.

2 hours ago, Bryan_Mills said:

Don't forgot about programming tasks. It's take more time than Art.

Edited by NskDen

41 minutes ago, Frisky said:

It should be possible... it also should have been possible to hit their second stated release time... but look where we are at.

Yeah babe.

This development tracker is exactly the guarantee the community requires. It does not matter, as to how long the tasks take individually, as long as we see at least one task change per day we will have a guarantee to trust in. Of course, I do not want to see any more tasks added to the list.

23 minutes ago, Anonymous_Citizen said:

This development tracker is exactly the guarantee the community requires. It does not matter, as to how long the tasks take individually, as long as we see at least one task change per day we will have a guarantee to trust in. Of course, I do not want to see any more tasks added to the list.

this is true... they should really consider not adding more tasks... unless they are crucial to current tasks completion.

2 hours ago, Frisky said:

Well, stating that the game as it says in the "Q&A" tab and i quote them "We expect the first module, Town Square, to be available in early 2017"

It's almost mid 2018, so if the game is not released before end of April, i will refund :)

30 minutes ago, FluffyPuffy said:

Well, stating that the game as it says in the "Q&A" tab and i quote them "We expect the first module, Town Square, to be available in early 2017"

It's almost mid 2018, so if the game is not released before end of April, i will refund :)

End of april is pushing it too. I say if they don't get it by the end of MAY I probs will be taking my money back... hell all this is is gonna be a virtual chat room pretty much untill the full game is out

Just now, Frisky said:

End of april is pushing it too. I say if they don't get it by the end of MAY I probs will be taking my money back... hell all this is is gonna be a virtual chat room pretty much untill the full game is out

Yea ikr? SWAT is next module, Then comes racing, which is where car stuff is gonna get exciting, but drugs and stuff, does that not first come at the SWAT module? where police get an upper hand?, just my opinion, let me know yours :)

40 minutes ago, FluffyPuffy said:

Yea ikr? SWAT is next module, Then comes racing, which is where car stuff is gonna get exciting, but drugs and stuff, does that not first come at the SWAT module? where police get an upper hand?, just my opinion, let me know yours :)

IMHO oppinion this module is kinda of a waste (if it werent for the fact we had nothing else to play or show for this game) I would not even bother playing it. It just seems so lack luster and so little to actually do after waiting so long. Hell I could go play perp and gett a better more fleshed out experience than waiting for a chat room. I wish they atleast had some sort of drug/ cop system in place to make the town square a little more antsy and fun... but allas it will just be walking around and talking untill you are bored after 5 hours and the wait till the next module begins.