Okay, so here is the problem. They are saying that this is a minor delay, however the guidelines for steam releasing tell a different story. You have to go through a 3-5 day reviewing process to even get accepted, and then you ALSO have to have a coming soon page for 2 weeks before you can release the game. If they haven't published the coming soon page, it is AT LEAST 2 more weeks, PLUS whatever this delay is, and then of course there is the 3-5 day. So this could end up being another month, not a "Minor delay" like they have said.

The game is on Steam but is hidden until release, so the game has already been accepted. Do you have a source you can post for the timeline of the “coming soon” page requirement? I’m just curious, never heard that before. 

According to this it’s not a requirement, they simply say “you can” make a coming soon page.

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/coming_soon

44 minutes ago, Psychs said:

Again, maybe they will release it on steam when its a full game release and not just the first module?

Yes, that is a good possibility as well. That's also what I was thinking since it would only be one module. We'll see though. But, I must say that I am concerned about the release date. It's also concerning to me that they have released this progress tracker, and said that it "Gives them transparency" so we can see everything they are doing, even though it only shows broad categories. 

Im just wondering, are you guys up to date? identity is DELAYED, with NO new date. The first module will be available through steam, if it ever gets released ; D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

Im just wondering, are you guys up to date? identity is DELAYED, with NO new date.

Please don't remind us :(

8 hours ago, Citybuild122 said:

It says in the last sentence that the game must have a page for two weeks.

Yikes I missed that lol. I’ll ask @Paratusand see what he knows. I’m sure has everything set up.

the module for townsquare is getting on steam, so yeah maybe over a month time before we can play---- 

What I really want to know about this thing is, how many people are even developing this? I have seen much larger games be developed in much less time than this. And even then, this isn't even the full game! It's beta!

Edited by Citybuild122

CITYBUILD122; they started off working at their homes independently. Since then, they've grown a little bit where they now have an office. I'm pretty sure most of the grunt work is still being done at their homes. They obviously want their project to do well and have some longevity. But I do see what you are saying. I'll give it about another year before; I truly call it quits.

Edited by Good_Citizen

On 21/04/2018 at 6:12 PM, Good_Citizen said:

CITYBUILD122; they started off working at their homes independently. Since then, they've grown a little bit where they now have an office. I'm pretty sure most of the grunt work is still being done at their homes. They obviously want their project to do well and have some longevity. But I do see what you are saying. I'll give it about another year before; I truly call it quits.

I personally have only been here for a month. This game looks like everything I've ever wanted. My friends have known about this for years. I thought that this was going to be the actual release, but I had something in my mind to not get the founder pack. I don't know how anyone could've waited this long. I'm calling it if there is another delay.

On 21/04/2018 at 2:24 PM, Olio said:

Yikes I missed that lol. I’ll ask @Paratusand see what he knows. I’m sure has everything set up.

Olio, were you ever able to get in touch with paratus? I see that the road map is coming along well and I was wondering about the steam release.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:42 AM, Citybuild122 said:

What I really want to know about this thing is, how many people are even developing this? I have seen much larger games be developed in much less time than this. And even then, this isn't even the full game! It's beta!

Its actually not beta. Treat the modules like alphas. The beta will be out when all the modules are released as a beta game.

@Citybuild122 Last time I checked, I was told the Modules will not show on steam store or even be purchasable on steam. The game will show for the full game release on steam store. However you purchase through the website and can download through steam. I will see if any changes have been made since I got told.

12 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

@Citybuild122 Last time I checked, I was told the Modules will not show on steam store or even be purchasable on steam. The game will show for the full game release on steam store. However you purchase through the website and can download through steam. I will see if any changes have been made since I got told.

Oh , I see. I figured that it would be something like that as well. Awesome!

@Citybuild122 Sorry for the delay! I talked with Paratus and the “coming soon” page will be live when the tracker is at a point where they believe the remaining tasks will be completed along side with those two weeks so once everything is wrapped up it will be good to go.

@LuckyDuck Actually I believe in one of the latest dev blogs or a forum reply the devs have said that the module will indeed be released on steam to download (not to buy). Therefore @Citybuild122  is correct with his info about the time frame to get a game on the steam page and have it reviewed. So, unless the devs misspoke or something then we are all facing another delay. Here's why:  @Olio Wait a second. Now I'm confused. If they're still developing the game, which they are due to the delay, they still need to upload the game to steam so that steam themselves can play it and declare it a playable game (it's their process for admitting new games). Now there's no way they would be able to finish the Module and upload it on steam along with the two weeks since steam still has to test it FIRST prior to the release. So according to you the devs said they'll finish the game along with the two weeks that way they can release the module right after. But, that's simply not how it works. Steam has to review the whole game first which takes about 5 business days then the game devs can release it. To sum it all up: The game devs can't release the game after the 2 weeks review of the steam page because they still have to get the game reviewed by steam.  So it'll be 5 days after the two weeks review of the steam page that the game will be released (since they're still developing it), if that's how they're doing it which according to you it is.

Edited by HAWK
fixing stuff

On 26/04/2018 at 12:33 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Last time I checked, I was told the Modules will not show on steam store or even be purchasable on steam. The game will show for the full game release on steam store. However you purchase through the website and can download through steam.

@HAWK I said the exact thing here. More towards the end :) 

@HAWK Why do you think steam will play/test it? When games have launched with missing executables? Or some games that launch in another unplayable state.    These things wouldn't happen if the games were truly played before hand. 

@HAWK The game is already accepted onto steam. The store page is just hidden from the public. 

@Xzothi I'm telling you exactly what steam says they do on their game dev site. You are more than welcome to go on it and look at the same info yourself. But, like I said previously they say that they test the new games which takes around 3-5 business days in case they're unplayable. @LuckyDuck Yeah I think you're right. lol. I read that too, but I totally forgot about it. 

10 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@HAWK The game is already accepted onto steam. The store page is just hidden from the public. 

Just because they have a store page doesn't mean it's accepted. Just like Olio said they are developing the game during the 2 week review of their page. Therefore, it's indeed not accepted yet. Which is why my whole statement about it being another 3 weeks is true. After their two weeks of getting the review done they said they'll be finished with the module. Then steam needs to review it which takes 3-5 business days. Which is why it'll be about another month before we get the module. I'm using what the game devs have said through the moderators.

Edited by HAWK
fixing
  • Like 1

@HAWK It doesn't say they will test anything.  Closest they got is this I quote "Once you have your checklist complete, you'll need to hit the "Mark As Ready For Review" button in the top section of your product landing page. This will make your product visible to Valve for review and approval prior to release.Review doesn't mean play test.  The only part that is even mentioned about test is a section where it says I quote "You will obviously need to test your application yourself before release and you may have other employees that you wish to grant access to help test." 

Here is another section about testing  that kind of relates to this "launch" I quote "
Running a closed beta is easy and free on Steam. It’s a great way to get feedback and test the user experience through Steam, and does not require you to launch the game into Early Access or provide permanent free access to your testers. These instructions will walk you through providing closed beta access to your community, and ending the beta when you’re ready. If you’re interested in releasing a beta version of your game that any customer can buy, check out Early Access.

1. First, upload a build of your game for your beta testers to play. If you haven't done this yet, check out the instructions here first and come back to this page later.

2. Next, we strongly recommend setting up your Coming Soon page. This provides a reference opportunity to test your marketing presence against the experience players are having in game. It also provides the Steam Community Hub as an easy place for your community to discuss the game and provide feedback, and makes it easy for users to Wishlist your game.

3. Request keys from your “Beta Testing” release override package. Any customer who activates one of those keys can instantly download and play, so don’t hand them out until you’re ready. Take a minute to review the Steam Key documentation so you know what the rules are and how the key request process works.

4. Keep track of the keys you hand out. By default, users who activate a key will own the game forever, but if you want to end beta access or revoke the game from beta testers, that’s fine too. When you’re ready to end beta access, revoke the keys using the key banning tool. You can indicate that you’re banning the keys because of the end of a beta, so users get a friendly message letting them know they’ve lost access.

Note: If you’d like to provide a different version of the game to different audiences, that’s easy to do. For instance, you might have beta testers playing one branch, but provide Press/Influencer access to a separate branch. Learn more about enabling separate beta branches
here."  

Edited by Xzothi

12 minutes ago, HAWK said:

@Xzothi You have to check under the review section. I got you(this is for the testing of the game): https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/review_process

I just quoted that (fully mind you.) and no it isn't reviewing and testing are different things.  When it comes to this. We are not talking about customer reviews, we are also not talking about reviewers who get a early copy of the game to review it. 

This type of review is checking files to see if there is anything that seems to brake the rules or seems to be in illegal in some way like stealing your information. (So kinda like a anti virus scan of said files.) So again not a play test.

Edited by Xzothi
fixing errors

1 minute ago, Xzothi said:

I just quoted that (fully mind you.) and no it isn't reviewing and testing are different things.  When it comes to this. We are not talking about customer reviews we are not talking about reviewers who get a early copy of the game to review it. 

@Xzothi You totally lost me here. lol. Who's talking about testing? That section you copied is not what's found in the url I sent you. The only one's that do the reviewing is steam, they do this to assure that when people download the game it actually runs. This review process takes 3-5 days. What exactly is your question? lol.