NanoSpace

Delay announced by Motown

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Motown in the discord has just confirmed another delay with no upcoming ETA. All information about the release will be through the Dev Tracker.

• ver.1.22474487139 6

So the time they have been making the game they have only been able to complete 6/64 Tasks?... So I guess we will see the release in 2027-2028 GG.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

2 minutes ago, Shroomey said:

So the time they have been making the game they have only been able to complete 6/64 Tasks?... So I guess we will see the release in 2027-2028 GG.

The tasks included in that tracker are those from the time the tracker was developed, just over a day ago.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

Just now, Shroomey said:

So it should be maximum of about 1 week delay? I assume.

We didn't give a date because it all depends on how smoothly things go. I don't expect it to be very long though. This is why the tracker is the ideal solution; you can see the progress as it's happening and as we knock out more tasks you'll get a good understanding of a release date.

Essentially, you have most of the data we do (minus task time estimations) for establishing release dates now.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Going from a date back to a progress bar is clearly regressive. Dealing with missed deadlines by dropping the deadlines isn't transparent, it's more obtuse than giving another date. 

I knew it would be delayed, but I had my doubts it would actually be quite this bad.

• Like 3

The second I'll see a new video from their side I'll give it max 2 weeks till it's going to be released. Regardless, next week we're going to have a new website, so I assume it's +1 month, so.. will May have the day? :D

Honestly, I'm fine with the delay! I've got finals coming up the next 2 weeks, so I don't mind an extra week or 2 of polishing! I'll treat the TS Module as a treat for surviving finals week! xD 

Here's a tip, don't give a date if you're going to keep delaying. Can you really blame people for being pissed at this point? I sure as hell don't. We all knew this would happen anyway because it seems to be a recurring theme. You guys make a big announcement that things are going great to get everyone's hopes up and then when it comes close to release date oh look conveniently there's a setback like always. Hate to say it paratus but I can't be surprised if people start to think we're being strung along. Twice you guys have said this is being released on such and such date and twice you've retracted it less than 5 days before expected date arrives. To all of us that seems like you guys are just throwing dates out there and then extending it. The last time you delayed this you said everything was almost done and that you only needed an extra month yet now you've delayed this once again and this time there isn't even a valid reason. Suspicious is the first thing we're all thinking sorry but it's a fair and valid statement

• Like 6
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

I find it very disappointing that this has to happen for the second time. I'm glad you keep us informed. I'm starting to bump I'm waiting for 2 games this and house flipper all 2 they are slowing again this month. I am particularly sorry because at the Development Stream this week it was said that we could play next week and that you would like to play with us next week (even yesterday) I can not come to my boss from yes no sorry the work is not finished yet when I say to him for a month already, then it is finished. but let's hope for the best :) btw sorry for my bad english

well that is good that they did not release it too early because most games die before they get started pushing them out too soon but if they do predict a release date for the game they should double the time just because stuff happens

4 minutes ago, KING_JOHN2 said:

well that is good that they did not release it too early because most games die before they get started pushing them out too soon but if they do predict a release date for the game they should double the time just because stuff happens

They shouldn't be announcing a f*****g release date in the first place. If they can't get their shit done on time then don't get people's hopes up thinking it'll come out, they've had more than enough chances and time and they've had nothing to show for it except a two minute clip that's taken nearly 3 years to give us. Highly unprofessional frankly. Anyone can post rendered pictures but we want to see actual game play footage so we know this ain't bullshit, yet we can't even get a simple trailer, why you ask? Because at this stage I'm starting to think they've not actually got anything and have just been taking us for mugs, sure as hell feels like it 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Drahgoone said:

If I had to guess when release will be, I would guess around May 4th, or that following weekend.

that's dangerously optimistic pal. by their track record we're looking two years away from the first module, Christ i don't want to imagine how much shit we'll go through with module 2 and 3

• Like 2

A LOOK INSIDE THE ASYLUM

tslogo-medium.png

In keeping with our committment to transparency and open communication with the community, our new website will soon be launching (even before the Town Square). The new website will have all sorts of shop options for you to check out, but one of the more interesting aspects will be our development tracker.

We're going to be showing you exactly where our development stands in regards to each milestone, such as the Town Square release. You're going to see live data showing what we're working on and how long we expect each element to take. Then, following the Town Square release we'll keep this going for each future development milestone. It'll sort of be like looking over our shoulders in the office yourself.     

this was taken from dev blog sixteen, haven't seen a single shred of truth from this. no live data and no transparency or open communication. nothing but talk talk and talk. far from "looking over our shoulders in the office yourself". 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, Drahgoone said:

Two years? lol, no I don't think so. I've been waiting since 2016, a delay is not a big deal.

it is when twice in a row a date has been given with confidence and assurance only to be taken back just before release

• Like 1

Y'all are a fucking joke, and I hope the same few guys that have been defending the team every time they delay something feel ashamed. Your team has lost every ounce of trust I've had, its truly pathetic that you have yet to live up to a single promise you've given the community in the years this forum has been up.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

Y'all are a fucking joke, and I hope the same few guys that have been defending the team every time they delay something feel ashamed. Your team has lost every ounce of trust I've had, its truly pathetic that you have yet to live up to a single promise you've given the community in the years this forum has been up.

i've calmed down a lot since the delay was announced, sure get it off your chest but don't go overboard like i kind of did. i didn't realise it at the time but there is a difference between venting and going over the top

• ver.1.22474487139 1

22 minutes ago, Kalel said:

I'm starting to think this game is a scam. 

Maybe its about time for a refund...

• Like 4

I find it funny how people get so aggravated over a delay. It happens, bitching like a bunch of pussies isn't going to help anything. I've been following the game's development with a friend of mine since before this website was even up, the only thing you can do to not go stir crazy waiting for the game is to merely check in every month or so, check any updates, and if the game isn't out, go on with your fucking life for another month, and check in again.

Don't bother responding to me about how the Asylum team has lost your trust because I couldn't care less and I'm sure there are plenty of others who don't want to hear your gripes either, even some who've been following the game since day one. They're working with a million dollar budget, I'd rather them take another two years to make a fantastic game rather than release an unfinished product that I've spent sixty dollars on.

Edited by Kraiyick
  • Like 4

To complete the art tasks, they need a maximum 1 week. PROGRAMMING tasks can long a month, in dependence on complexity. But sometimes for the solution of one task it is necessary to create new task, so...

Edited by NskDen

To be honest I give a ton of credit to Paratus for not losing his shit on the community, almost everyone here doesn't have a clue what goes on behind the scenes (besides development) which may explain their delays but they just can't tell us why.