Sign in to follow this  
ECorp

Blacklisting Companys

Hello I was wondering if it will be possible to "Blacklist" a company?
Let me explain it be nice to be able to blacklist a company from your stores\ company.
If lets say am running a successful company e.g.: aquering and selling fish, or a carpentry\ furniture store.

I have stores setup with my company and a new competitor arrives on the market.
It be nice to be able to blacklist the company so they can't sell and\ or buy fish from my store fronts?
Giving the ability to combat competitors with something else then bullets?

Of course i understand and want there to be NPC that will accept anyones goods but nice to be able to do this for your own company.

Edited by ECorp

If they bought fish from your storefronts then they probably wouldn't be able to sell it for a profit at their store lol. I'm not really sure what the benefit of this would be.

Lets say i have a better location for my stores.
e.g: Distance to travel, money earned, risk taken so 4th.
I would not want a competitor to get established in "my area" using my stores.

2 hours ago, ECorp said:

Lets say i have a better location for my stores.
e.g: Distance to travel, money earned, risk taken so 4th.
I would not want a competitor to get established in "my area" using my stores.

If you'd know anything of how business work, you would realize that you would make no profit if you bought products from your competitor and sold it.

That would be like Wallmart buying stuff from Target only to resell it, it makes no sense.
Edited by MariusG69

8 minutes ago, MariusG69 said:
If you'd know anything of how business work, you would realize that you would make no profit if you bought products from your competitor and sold it.

That would be like Wallmart buying stuff from Target only to resell it, it makes no sense.

I do not think you understand what i mean.
As i understand it shops needs to be stocked by players.
Except for some basic items that will always be available everywhere.

If you cant sell your stuff then you don`t make money.
Or at least transport it further before you can sell, makes for some interesting gameplay scenarios.

Edited by ECorp

7 hours ago, ECorp said:

I do not think you understand what i mean.
As i understand it shops needs to be stocked by players.
Except for some basic items that will always be available everywhere.

If you cant sell your stuff then you don`t make money.
Or at least transport it further before you can sell, makes for some interesting gameplay scenarios.

Let me attempt to answer your question. Probably, you will have the ability to manually restrict certain players from entering your store, if you do not want them in there just because they work for a rival company. This means that you could put a guard outside, and make him stop any rival company members. If you did not do that, the profit the rival company would make from selling a few fish is so low that they could not even afford a new car with it. However, if you were start a fish factory, there would probably be a different system for that. I do not think NPCs will sell anything to anyone in a factory. You would control when and where to send your fish, so if the rival team makes an order, you can decline their order so they could not purchase your fish in bulk. However, it all depends on playing your cards right. If they fail AFTER you sell your fish to them, then they would have nothing, you would have a chunk of money from them PLUS what you sell to smaller fish stores, and you would rise up in the market, and more people in demand for major shipments of fish would begin to buy from you, ergo, making more money for you.

Do not worry about rival companies buying your fish if you are a fish selling store.

4 hours ago, subway244 said:

Do not worry about rival companies buying your fish if you are a fish selling store.

Lol sounds so stupid when you say it like that.
Did not think about the factory part of the mechanics.

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards
ECorp

• Like 1