• in game communication system
    • Microtransaction system
    • Non-Listed.
  2. 2. Im also worried about the...

• In-game economy
    • In-game jobs
    • In-Game buggs and glitches.

1 hour ago, WalterCash said:

Please pick more than 1 option on every question.

How can you be worried about the driving at this stage? Driving doesn't get put in until Module 3 and so there is no reason to even have that as an answer for this point in time. We need to get through module 1 and 2 before you should even worry about the mechanics which will be in closer to the Beta and full game release.

• Like 2

I am worried about character movement because from the game play videos we have seen, it is really unnatural looking in my opinion. I really hope the have put a lot more effort into the new one, because that one thing can ruin immersion. I also fear bugs and glitches for obvious reasons.

Just now, URSAMAJOR03 said:

I am worried about character movement because from the game play videos we have seen, it is really unnatural looking in my opinion. I really hope the have put a lot more effort into the new one,

Just keep in mind that was placeholder character movement and not actual movement for the game. It will be better for the TS module.

• Like 3

Just now, LuckyDuck said:

Just keep in mind that was placeholder character movement and not actual movement for the game. It will be better for the TS module.

Hope so!

I am worried about the timeline for when the game is pushed out. I have seen multiple videos and i know they arent great sources that have said this module would be pushed out last year yet it still hasn't any news on that topic? I mean no offense ive just been watching the progress of Identity for about a year now and can't wait to get in game and try it out. Also is the game developed from devs from Asylum from Arma 3? I've heard rumors and i play a pretty good amount of that Asylum and just found it interesting thanks !!

After reading up a bit i know when the new module is coming out but still curious about the other questions and when the general expected release of the full game is.

Edited by JoeBarbaro

Only things I'm worried about are driving ( eventually obviously ), in game economy and jobs because if it's anything like real life it'll be difficult to get a job. RDMing worries me despite the fact the devs are trying to put a system in place, I don't want to walk down the street thinking what if I get jumped every five seconds because first thing every player wants to do is Rob everyone they come across

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

Im really worried if the servers will be able to handle the amount of people and how much lag there will be

47 minutes ago, polydorou said:

Im really worried if the servers will be able to handle the amount of people and how much lag there will be

I would assume that devs have thought of this in advanced, I'll be shocked if they haven't. There's going to be a fair few servers I think and I'm pretty sure it'll be 50 people per server, also bearing in mind this isn't anywhere near the full game so it's not like everyone's going to be using it non stop, they'll try it out and when they get everything out of it they'll do something else 

1 hour ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I would assume that devs have thought of this in advanced, I'll be shocked if they haven't. There's going to be a fair few servers I think and I'm pretty sure it'll be 50 people per server, also bearing in mind this isn't anywhere near the full game so it's not like everyone's going to be using it non stop, they'll try it out and when they get everything out of it they'll do something else 

You have some good points there but i think as time goes by more things will be added to the game. Also as i am assuming many people, like me, are super hyped about the game and will play it endlessly!

On 14/04/2018 at 4:40 AM, JoeBarbaro said:

I am worried about the timeline for when the game is pushed out. I have seen multiple videos and i know they arent great sources that have said this module would be pushed out last year yet it still hasn't any news on that topic? I mean no offense ive just been watching the progress of Identity for about a year now and can't wait to get in game and try it out. Also is the game developed from devs from Asylum from Arma 3? I've heard rumors and i play a pretty good amount of that Asylum and just found it interesting thanks !!

After reading up a bit i know when the new module is coming out but still curious about the other questions and when the general expected release of the full game is.

Yes, the 2 main developers, Paratus and Motown are from the ArmA 3 mod, Altis Life which the game is being created by the same company; Asylum Entertainment.

Module 1 is due Monday, 23rd April which is in 1 week. There is no ETA for the Full Game and or anything else other than the 1st Module. 

16 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

They did say they are using Google Cloud servers.
The thing is, as I understand it Town Square Module is the core framework for the game.
Meaning its weird if they don`t have the server side \ client side implementation for the network layer.

They mentioned in a stream it was scalable only limited by bandwidth.
If they got all that sorted and implemented I can see the gameplay modules being a breeze in comparison.
If its not implemented and servers are stile running the default Unreal Engine 4 Server backend then we are in for a long wait.

It be nice to know if Town Square is in fact using the intended network layer for Identity?
I belive they mentiond that as well somewhere they where using the google server backend but not sure on that.

The two other modules weapons and vehicles is even templated in UE 4.
And placeholders for the vehicles physics and weapons comes standard out of the box in UE 4.
And could therfor be implemented and then re-done over time, same with weapons movement.

I see no reason way the two other modules should take as long.
We will see the state of the Town Square and then we will know how it truly stands.
Until then its my opinion we need to give them time and patience but a new delay now would be very damaging IMHO.

For now am crossing fingers and and hoping we will see a well polished module next week.