URSAMAJOR03

I want to know how people think about the wait time.

Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Town Square Module will be worth the wait?

• Yes
    • No

Hey everyone! I want to see people's thoughts on this poll's question. Feel free to state your answer and why in the comments :D.

Edited by URSAMAJOR03
  • Like 1

the full game release? yes. the module? personally no. a year ago it was nearly complete. here we are sure with a revamped game and all, but town square will still have the same content it would a year ago, which is minimal. after a week people will be back on the forums awaiting for more.

• Like 5

i mean, what's wrong with waiting for however long it takes? just go on with your life and check it after it comes out. you're not sacrificing anything by waiting for a game to release.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, facade said:

i mean, what's wrong with waiting for however long it takes? just go on with your life and check it after it comes out. you're not sacrificing anything by waiting for a game to release.

Yea i agree with you, its not like I spend every minute of the day waiting for this game.  Im very excited for Identity and have been waiting a very long time like others.  But I go on about my life, and when the game comes out it comes out, simple as that.

7 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

the full game release? yes. the module? personally no. a year ago it was nearly complete. here we are sure with a revamped game and all, but town square will still have the same content it would a year ago, which is minimal. after a week people will be back on the forums awaiting for more.

Pretty much this. As a Kickstarter backer, I was told to expect a feature complete beta in Q1 2017. Then, it was split into modules in 2016 and it's been screenshots and words since, no game. It cannot possibly make up for the wait at this point. And like you said, despite the wait extending considerably, the amount of content inside hasn't changed.

You can even go through posts from a full year ago where people are wondering if the module is just a few days away if you want some déjà vu.

Edited by lamona
  • Like 1

If this long wait time is for the release of something great; then let them take their time. I don't want them to rush it and end up losing supporters within a few months or so. But how much longer are we going to have to wait for the release of this game? It's already 2018. Should we be seeing something by mid or late 2018 or will this continue into 2019?

4 minutes ago, Good_Citizen said:

If this long wait time is for the release of something great; then let them take their time. I don't want them to rush it and end up losing supporters within a few months or so. But how much longer are we going to have to wait for the release of this game? It's already 2018. Should we be seeing something by mid or late 2018 or will this continue into 2019?

April 23rd is the release of Town Square!!

17 minutes ago, polydorou said:

April 23rd is the release of Town Square!!

I think you missed the point. full game release was originally 2018, so hes asking if that changes or what.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

I think you missed the point. full game release was originally 2018, so hes asking if that changes or what.

Well in previous twitch clip, the devs said that the other 2 modules won't take nearly as long to release as town square did..

Anyway right now I am anxious of seeing what town square is and how promising it will be for the future.

Step by step is the way to take it

Just now, polydorou said:

Well in previous twitch clip, the devs said that the other 2 modules won't take nearly as long to release as town square did..

Anyway right now I am anxious of seeing what town square is and how promising it will be for the future.

Step by step is the way to take it

and a year ago they also said that it was only a couple months left. but here we are. i take what they say with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frostybeans said:

and a year ago they also said that it was only a couple months left. but here we are. i take what they say with a grain of salt.

lets just hope that in 2 weeks we will be saying it was worth the wait ;)

• Like 1

I agree the town square for me is kinda... meh content wise but hell it is content so I cant really complain. If it is really a drag of just walking around doing nothing.. I can still go play perp on gmod

To be honest, I've been waiting for this game for a year. I believe there are people who have waited even longer. But to be honest, I can make a difference between the previous development of the game and the current one. And there is definitely a difference. The team of Asylum Entertainment became bigger and because of that we started to see bigger results. And also I don't remember that there was a module release date on the work bar before, such we have now. So, do I believe in that date? Of course I do. And no matter how big would be the module content now I wanna see it and test it more than anything in the world. Don't forget - it's just a drop in the ocean, just the start of our big adventure. I believe that devs wanna surprise us with something very good, so don't rush them, give them a chance to prove themselves. Just prepare yourselves mentally for the game and play something else while you wait for it. This is like the birth of a child - it will happen any minute.

Regards :)

Edited by Pepighostrid3r
  • Like 1

Well, I can only talk about myself as a person. I think it will be worth it, but it might get a bit boring after 1-2 weeks. I don't know if it's true, but I could imagine. But in summary, it will be worth it and the second module should not be developed as long as the first.
So cheer up, wait, hope and criticize. That's all we can do as players.

• Like 1