Sign in to follow this  
Flakeleey

Leaving The Game

Question

So this has been keeping me up at night...

So Say if Someone is getting pulled over for speeding or something like that, cant they just leave the game and not get in trouble... I mean that's not how it works in the real world so how does it work ingame? 

4 answers to this question

The devs have talked about this.  There is a timer to leave the game and also your character remains in the game for a couple minutes after disccoencting.  You can look through the twitch highlights to find the clip of the devs talking about this.

On 4/5/2018 at 7:10 PM, Cstove said:

The devs have talked about this.  There is a timer to leave the game and also your character remains in the game for a couple minutes after disccoencting.  You can look through the twitch highlights to find the clip of the devs talking about this.

ok

On 4/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, Odiggitydog said:

So this has been keeping me up at night...

So Say if Someone is getting pulled over for speeding or something like that, cant they just leave the game and not get in trouble... I mean that's not how it works in the real world so how does it work ingame? 

I mean I know some people doesn't want to get pulled over, but that is by far the best option. Tickets isn't very expensive, unless you're really poor and want to take a little trip to a small jail for a few minutes. As for logging off the game, well your character will still be "online" and just make it easier to get caught. How long, might depend for what you've done (flagging system for small and big crimes). It is likely that your car and character will remain on the server for a little period of time regardless of what you're doing, then your car will be sent back to the garage (for server performance reasons). There's not a whole lot of information concerning that matter, but the developers certainly doesn't want people to easily escape from their crimes by simply logging off.