Sign in to follow this  
Alphoni

Hosting a server on Identity

Question

Top of the morning to ya!

I'm curious about everything regarding hosting a server on Identity.

From the information I've gathered, I could be wrong here but if I remember correctly, if you want to host an Identity Server, it has to be hosted through Identity?

How much will it cost to host a server and what kinds of configurations will be available for the server owner? 

If I remember correctly, mods/addons won't be available for the servers (at this time?). But what will we be able to configure? 

What difference will there be on Private servers and the official servers?

What about private server donations? Will the owner of the server be able to give out money or some kind of "VIP" status to players? 

Will be there be different player ranks on servers? 

What can you guys tell me about hosting a private Identity Server?

Kind regards

Edited by Alphoni

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Alphoni said:

From the information I've gathered, I could be wrong here but if I remember correctly, if you want to host an Identity Server, it has to be hosted through Identity?

You must rent it through Asylum Entertainment.

How much will it cost to host a server and what kinds of configurations will be available for the server owner? 

If I remember correctly, mods/addons won't be available for the servers (at this time?). But what will we be able to configure?

You can find the answers in the twitch clip directory: 

What difference will there be on Private servers and the official servers?

Official servers will basically be casual Role Play while private servers will have the ability to enforce RP rules.

What about private server donations? Will the owner of the server be able to give out money or some kind of "VIP" status to players?

No to money. You cannot spawn in in-game money at all!

However I am not too sure about different ranks but I am more certain that you will be able to do ranks for donators.

What do you mean by this? If you mean on Official servers then it is a definitely a no.

What can you guys tell me about hosting a private Identity Server?

Private servers will have a minimum amount of slots that you will be able to rent, it will be better for RP, You can enforce rules, make the server white-listed to control the servers players. You can find out more in the twitch clips directory.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Alphoni said:

What I mean is, what kinds of roles/ranks will there be on a private server?

User, Moderator, Administrator, Developer (?), Donator, Owner/Founder. Such roles/ranks is what I meant! :)

The person who rents the server will sort that stuff out.

Will we be able to create our own ranks?

Yes.

And will the ranks be visible somewhere?

I will ask again about this.

I'm also curious, will there be some kind of API for each server so we could connect the server, to a forum so the Rank you have on the server, you get in-game as well.

Not too sure, I don't believe this is planned but I will ask about it for you.

19 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

What do you mean by this? If you mean on Official servers then it is a definitely a no.

What I mean is, what kinds of roles/ranks will there be on a private server?

User, Moderator, Administrator, Developer (?), Donator, Owner/Founder. Such roles/ranks is what I meant! :)

Will we be able to create our own ranks? And will the ranks be visible somewhere? On a scoreboard or anything like that?

I'm also curious, will there be some kind of API for each server so we could connect the server, to a forum so the Rank you have on the server, you get in-game as well.

Kind regards