Shnikies

EMS Vehicles, Weapons, Clothing, ect

Question

Afternoon,

I have surfed the forums, I got wet, and at the end I didn't find what I was looking for, so here I am. I am inquiring about an earlier comment regarding law enforcement's inability to wear civilian clothing when on duty, and the latter.

My question would be, if individuals expressed interest in providing private security, would there be assets in place for them to do so? ie: would they be able to utilize law enforcement type restraints, vehicles and weapons? I am curious as to what the limitations are between civilians and law enforcement?

If this thread is misguided and I just had water in my eye while surfing, please let me know what beach I should be surfing!

Thanks again,

3 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Shnikies said:

My question would be, if individuals expressed interest in providing private security, would there be assets in place for them to do so? ie: would they be able to utilize law enforcement type restraints, vehicles and weapons? I am curious as to what the limitations are between civilians and law enforcement?

No, Civilians cannot get police equipment/ clothing or cars. No undercover cops is no civilians having any use of such items. If you want to make / do private security, then you have to get weapons, there are zip ties and so they could be used instead of cuffs but no police uniforms or police cars will be usable by civilians. You have to provide your own things and also no body armour for civilians either.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

"...no police uniforms or police cars will be usable by civilians. You have to provide your own things and also no body armour for civilians either."

Thank you for your response! It was very helpful.

Is there a substitute for there being no armor for civilians? And I am assuming there are not  vehicles with roof mounted signal lights, that can be used by civilians?  I ask this because I feel like with these limitations there literally can only be two sides, "the cops and robbers." Again, I am just trying to get a feel for the game, and some of its mechanics as well as opportunities within the game.

With the constraints of having no armor, no dev provided uniform (I'm sure players can make something up from what I've read so far), no vehicles to alert other civilians of an issue, and probably a couple other thins I've missed, in your opinion, is private security even a potential profession in this game?

1 hour ago, Shnikies said:

With the constraints of having no armor, no dev provided uniform (I'm sure players can make something up from what I've read so far), no vehicles to alert other civilians of an issue, and probably a couple other thins I've missed, in your opinion, is private security even a potential profession in this game?

No, there is no substitute for civilians. Also, yes you can have a player run business for that if you wanted but as I have said in the past. You have to get the equipment like guns or stuff if you want them.

Players cannot create armour no. Police are the only ones with Armour. There is no Armoured vehicles either. 

The game will consist of civilians, cops and criminals. A lot of the players want to run their own business and without having cops and criminals, then it wouldn't be a game based on Modern US which has gangs/ criminals with drugs and violence. Also without either of them means that it won't be essentially a real life sort of game.