DrFelixPhD

Possible Ways to Publicise the Game?

Hi all.

Christ, it's been a while. I apologise for being so inactive as of late. Work has taken its toll and after a year of uncertainty, I'm back and better than ever.

In short, I hope that phrase can eventually be used to define Identity. Honestly, the game has gone through something of a slump in recent months, with many previously-active backers losing interest and moving on to other matters, while more and more delays are announced. Thus, I propose that a radical new strategy is needed to propel Identity's popularity once again - something akin to the endorsement of FrankieOnPC from years gone by? What can we do to stir up new support, generating new forum members and dedicated players? How can both we and Asylum prove that Identity is not yet dead in the water?

We need ideas, people!

Regards,

Felix

• Like 2

We can wait for Town square to release and then people will come, no point getting people hyped up just to get dissapointed.

1 hour ago, Huskyy said:

um release the goddamn game?

Would you want a product with plenty of bugs that players will complain about and lose interest into the game? We've had an official release date, but as it'll be very tight and stressful for the developers, John decided to push it one month later. Just let them polish their stuff, reinforce their server structure, work on their new UI, and do internal testing.

14 hours ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Hi all.

Christ, it's been a while. I apologise for being so inactive as of late. Work has taken its toll and after a year of uncertainty, I'm back and better than ever.

In short, I hope that phrase can eventually be used to define Identity. Honestly, the game has gone through something of a slump in recent months, with many previously-active backers losing interest and moving on to other matters, while more and more delays are announced. Thus, I propose that a radical new strategy is needed to propel Identity's popularity once again - something akin to the endorsement of FrankieOnPC from years gone by? What can we do to stir up new support, generating new forum members and dedicated players? How can both we and Asylum prove that Identity is not yet dead in the water?

We need ideas, people!

Regards,

Felix

Holy f, you still live. Glad to see you back and kickin. I think it would probably be a good idea to give out more of a sense of how the actual development is going instead of just the words of the devs. Screenshots and the like are simple to do and even easier to upload, and I'm not talking about those model editing that Jade does, I'm talking about actual screenshots from what the devs are doing the last couple of days from inside of town square. Plus it doesn't help that they usually contradict themselves when they talk about the game and this could be a good way to at least keep their story straight. 

• Like 1

On 06/03/2018 at 1:41 PM, NanoSpace said:

Holy f, you still live. Glad to see you back and kickin. I think it would probably be a good idea to give out more of a sense of how the actual development is going instead of just the words of the devs. Screenshots and the like are simple to do and even easier to upload, and I'm not talking about those model editing that Jade does, I'm talking about actual screenshots from what the devs are doing the last couple of days from inside of town square. Plus it doesn't help that they usually contradict themselves when they talk about the game and this could be a good way to at least keep their story straight. 

Glad to see you too mate. The prodigal son has indeed finally returned.

I agree with you about the screenshots. They're the most concrete reminder we still have that this game exists. 3D models are fantastic but people don't care a jot unless they see real, well-imagined environments that look entertaining and engaging. The Facebook posts are nice enough too but I imagine the real draw for most gamers will be to see the game in action. It might help to instil some more backer confidence too, given that most people seem to have given up :( How goes the forum Discord actually?

On 05/03/2018 at 11:37 PM, GreyFox said:

We can wait for Town square to release and then people will come, no point getting people hyped up just to get dissapointed.

I agree but hype is pretty much all that is keeping this title afloat right now. If the game launches without an active playerbase, it begins its deathspiral before it has even left beta. If we stir up real support right now, we can guarantee a future for the game for years to come. 

Edited by DrFelixPhD