Danthecancerman

Lets be Real About the Release Date

51 minutes ago, NEV3S said:

This game is dead in the ditch before it could even release a single module. One that they said would be out in March. This is just piss poor management and I have no faith or interest in this game anymore. The gameplay doesn’t even look that good to be lied to by the developers. Hype train has officially left the station and isn’t coming back

There wasn't a predicted release date after March, this is what's wrong with the community people just making out random predictions and then whining when it doesn't come out. The module will release when it does and if that isn't until September or whenever so be it. 

People need to learn to chill and stop making up predictions.

1 hour ago, NEV3S said:

This game is dead in the ditch before it could even release a single module.

There is still being worked on the module, just because there are no visual updates doesn't mean its "dead in a ditch" they are just stress testing to get the last bugs out of the apartment inventory.

• Like 1

wow Its funny how when I first saw this in march I thought there is no way this nutjob is right this game will defiantly be out in april, oops :D

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 10:20 AM, dagtag said:

There is still being worked on the module, just because there are no visual updates doesn't mean its "dead in a ditch" they are just stress testing to get the last bugs out of the apartment inventory.

How do you know what they are doing? It says on tracker that they are testing 1 UI task, just 1.

Edited by akomplice

Seriously though, is someone counting these ridiculous posts? It'll be hilarious to have a throwback when it does release.

7 hours ago, akomplice said:

How do you know what they are doing? It says on tracker that they are testing 1 UI task, just 1.

It was mentioned on the forums and discord by mods multiple times ?

Edited by dagtag

On 8/4/2018 at 5:13 PM, akomplice said:

One task could take anywhere from a day to a couple of months. If they find a bug while testing that requires a major rewrite of the UI systems then that could take up to a few months, or longer.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

The problem here is that they’ve been talking about a town square release in April, it’s now August. It’s not fair to be talk talk talk and nothing to show. No communication, no transparency at all. Feel sorry for those who actually spent money on this.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, Valtorix said:

Seriously though, is someone counting these ridiculous posts? It'll be hilarious to have a throwback when it does release.

I think this game is Hilarious right now too.

• Like 1

I knew it was over when they upgraded their office. It was way to extravagant and luxurious way too early in their rise. They've created such a large overhead with very little capitol. Unless they have private investors other than the backers, I didn't see their company sustaining itself without a product to sell. 

Edit: Here is what they're spending our money on, for anyone who hasn't seen it. 

Edited by Soulphite
Added Link.

why arent they telling us "There's a bug in the UI" or "So and so happened so we have to do this" like they literally barely put out a dev blog once every like 40 days like cmon man give us daily updates they put no effort into communicating with the people that are giving them money

shut yo ass up too if you say "you're ignorant" or "be patient" because i been patient for like 2 years almost and i expected town square to come out back in DECEMBER when everybody was anticipating it

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Soulphite said:

I knew it was over when they upgraded their office. It was way to extravagant and luxurious way too early in their rise. They've created such a large overhead with very little capitol. Unless they have private investors other than the backers, I didn't see their company sustaining itself without a product to sell. 

Edit: Here is what they're spending our money on, for anyone who hasn't seen it. 

Well.............that explains a few things. Why not invest that money directly into the game, release it, and use the profit from the game to build a fancy office/company stuff? That's semi what my indie dev team is doing (although we haven't even set to crowd funding yet - we want a demo first for backers to play! xD )

Everyone needs to remember that without an office with sufficient space to house all the dev team members the dev team will find it hard to work. They clearly must have private funding/ backing otherwise by now they wouldn't be where they are and I certainly don't mind whether they tell us who's backing them privately or not.

In business and development you got to speculate to accumulate i.e spend money to make money and if that means buying an office to help get the process going then go for it.

Also the devs don't do this as a full time job, they have jobs outside of developing identity that's how indie developers usually work to my mind. So give them some slack.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

I'm very ReaL with the releas date and the town square has never been closer now :)!

Edited by ReaL1337
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 08/08/2018 at 3:29 AM, Orbiit said:

why arent they telling us "There's a bug in the UI" or "So and so happened so we have to do this" like they literally barely put out a dev blog once every like 40 days like cmon man give us daily updates they put no effort into communicating with the people that are giving them money

shut yo ass up too if you say "you're ignorant" or "be patient" because i been patient for like 2 years almost and i expected town square to come out back in DECEMBER when everybody was anticipating it

They have said there are bugs to us but for everything they tell us, people will complain about something nonetheless. Here is a quote from the dev working on the last task... @NEV3S

Cyber - (One of the programmers)
Remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been.
my 2cents from my side..

Does that satisfy you? Well it might satisfy you but it won't satisfy everyone or the normal behaviour is that someone will be satisfied but will look for something else to complain about.

On 08/08/2018 at 3:27 AM, Soulphite said:

@ShiEksdee That Office is a budget Office, as they have stated in the past. Also since they got the Office they have not only made more progress but have been getting things done quicker. Also if I remember correctly the team was not only scattered around but was very slow with getting things done. 

On 04/08/2018 at 11:13 PM, akomplice said:

If you read the above quote you will get the explanation of what in testing means in this case. The Last task has been tedious but has been getting progress. The last task is the Inventory UI system which there is a bug which is being worked on and for every fix, there could be more bugs that are presented to the devs.