Danthecancerman

Lets be Real About the Release Date

This is going to be unformatted and my opinion. I am open and willing to hear all of your guys' voice in the replies, but here's what I need to say.

So the release date on Town Square Module is set for March 22nd (I think). At the time of me typing this, it is February 28th or one day before March 1st. Therefore, we have about 22 days and 3 hours until the release (Same time as EST). This is exciting stuff. We have a new and fun game planned to come out in less than a month! However is this a real estimate? I know things always change around and things go wrong, but is it a real date we can look at? In my opinion no. We have looked at things such as the gameplay video which was promised in January, then wasn't delivered. Then promised on February 1st to be done in days. And once again, wasn't delivered. Then after two weeks into the month, we finally got something that in my opinion was very underwhelming and disappointing. So how can we trust that it will come out fully in the month of March? Is it because the devs said so? No. Because the devs also said they were just polishing the Gameplay video on January 22nd. So in all honesty, don't be surprised if no big set back occurs, and your waiting for the month of April to actually get access to the game.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Everyone has their own opinion. I strongly believe it'll come out on the 21st of March because it's an actual scheduled date. Over 4 months ago, they briefly talked about the calculation of the Town Square release date (https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousSavoryShrimpDancingBanana). And as of right now, the most part of the stuff left to do is bug fixes from what John has mentioned (https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousIronicSardineMau5). If you still don't believe it'll come out at that date, let's just wait and see for yourself.

• Like 2

I do wonder how they'll manage to get a TS video / trailer out in time. Same with the renewed website.
Both were going to be released prior or together with TS on March the 21st. So if it's prior to the TS release, they'd have less than 3 weeks for the vid + site. I doubt that'll happen.

But I do not doubt the TS module release date. It's officially set. They cannot afford to deviate from that now.

1 hour ago, Genesai said:

I do wonder how they'll manage to get a TS video / trailer out in time. Same with the renewed website.
Both were going to be released prior or together with TS on March the 21st. So if it's prior to the TS release, they'd have less than 3 weeks for the vid + site. I doubt that'll happen.

But I do not doubt the TS module release date. It's officially set. They cannot afford to deviate from that now.

Yeah, if they were to do so all the backlash from the game play video will only be a slight annoyance compared to how the community would react.

3 hours ago, Genesai said:

The site is worked on by the web dev, Liam and he only is working on that. It won't be affected with the time schedule like you may think unless he comes across things in which he needs to fix before it goes live. The video I agree with you and would say that is more a possibility to not arrive but I am sure John is determined to get it out with the TS module.

I'm not sure if it will come out on release date or not but if it doesn't I don't think it will be far behind. I know it's been promised and people are excited but it doesn't bother me to wait if it is late. I'd rather it was playable and not just rushed out to meet the release date just to please people and we have a bug riddled TS you can't do anything with.

• Like 1

I hope it won't change but you never know it can change for any given reason.

To be honest I found it weird recently after some time to come back to this website and not finding a new website still.
But that's just a small thing so I mean that's not really important.

I didn't know before that they would release another video but for TS..
If they are planning on doing such thing than they might need to get a higher pressure.

I mean I saw Lee working on the appartments still, and I suppose these are being added in that video than aswell.
especially since they said that people could see their pledge appartments in the town square.

Anyway I hope they won't set it back sometime like with anything before, but if I were you I would keep in mind that it would happen.
This case if it doesn't happen you can only be happier than if it actually does happen.

99% chance they'll delay this dumb shit again, getting fed up with this bull so if they dont release or if the game is shit, then im refunding or something lol

6 hours ago, Orbiit said:

99% chance they'll delay this dumb shit again, getting fed up with this bull so if they dont release or if the game is shit, then im refunding or something lol

They might delay the release, they might not. 

Either way, i am sure if they delay the game the only reason why would be because they aren't satisfied with the game yet. 

You must understand that making games aren't done over a couple of days or many years in some cases. At least not the good kind of games.

• Like 3

I have something more scary than the 21-22 march release.... 

What if they delay the release date??, hehehhe

22 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The site is worked on by the web dev, Liam and he only is working on that. It won't be affected with the time schedule like you may think unless he comes across things in which he needs to fix before it goes live. The video I agree with you and would say that is more a possibility to not arrive but I am sure John is determined to get it out with the TS module.

If that's the case then what in the world is going on with the website format. Did he mess with it then decide it would be too much trouble to fix since he's making the new website? Currently the mobile version of the site is still completely unusable and it's been several days.

2 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

If that's the case then what in the world is going on with the website format. Did he mess with it then decide it would be too much trouble to fix since he's making the new website? Currently the mobile version of the site is still completely unusable and it's been several days.

He likely is still testing things. I will pass on the message about that bug though.

This thread aged really well LOL sadly im not surprised. This is why I aint buyin a pass til it actually comes out

Lol they delayed to April, this is why people think this shit is a scam. Stop pushing the fucking release back, holy shit. We keep having to wait and wait for the new release dates and right before it hits "oh unfortunately we have to delay but we will post more media" bullshit. They should already be posting as much as possible. I don't know how anyone could not lose faith in this game and refund this is just sad.ill be in a retirement home before TS is out

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

If we have a issue-free beta or limited bugs I'd say the wait was worth it so to each his own I'll wait and hope for a good TS beta test! I took some clases in coding and it took me days to even make a frogger like game so as someone with limited knowledge on coding I know it can take time to make and as some one tricked by EA steam games I know the frustration but I want to see this and will wait.

3 hours ago, Discorded said:

Lol they delayed to April, this is why people think this shit is a scam. Stop pushing the fucking release back, holy shit. We keep having to wait and wait for the new release dates and right before it hits "oh unfortunately we have to delay but we will post more media" bullshit. They should already be posting as much as possible. I don't know how anyone could not lose faith in this game and refund this is just sad.ill be in a retirement home before TS is out

To be honest i'm quite annoyed at this, yeah yeah we get it the devs are a small team we've heard it all before, now i recognize the devs are hard workers, really they are and they've done a good job so far, but the constant push backs and delays are starting to annoy even the most patient people which is including myself, when you announce that you're 99% certain that it will release with no problems and only has a 1% chance of needing more time and then by some chance it needs pushing back, people are going to start getting a bit pissed and frankly i can't say i blame some people. some of the things we've had release have taken god knows how long and now all we want is to play town square, i'm not making demands nor am i asking for it right here and now, i'm simply asking that the devs don't make announcements about things unless they're absolutely certain because a lot of people are feeling like it's not happening. i believe this game will be a success which is why i pledged and committed myself to it but for heavens sake asylum entertainment please stop with the push backs INB4 every single defender gives me the usual i'd rather have a polished game that takes ages to release yadda yadda

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

To be honest i'm quite annoyed at this, yeah yeah we get it the devs are a small team we've heard it all before, now i recognize the devs are hard workers, really they are and they've done a good job so far, but the constant push backs and delays are starting to annoy even the most patient people which is including myself, when you announce that you're 99% certain that it will release with no problems and only has a 1% chance of needing more time and then by some chance it needs pushing back, people are going to start getting a bit pissed and frankly i can't say i blame some people. some of the things we've had release have taken god knows how long and now all we want is to play town square, i'm not making demands nor am i asking for it right here and now, i'm simply asking that the devs don't make announcements about things unless they're absolutely certain because a lot of people are feeling like it's not happening. i believe this game will be a success which is why i pledged and committed myself to it but for heavens sake asylum entertainment please stop with the push backs INB4 every single defender gives me the usual i'd rather have a polished game that takes ages to release yadda yadda

Be patient if you want the game to have a good launch and not die out in a week.

Edited by JoeyDawson
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

14 minutes ago, JoeyDawson said:

Be patient if you want the game to have a good launch and not die out in a week.

what i want is for the devs to not have to keep pushing back, yeah things happen but when you announce that town square is ready for release with a 1% chance of needing to be pushed back it does get somewhat annoying when by magic it gets pushed back

19 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

what i want is for the devs to not have to keep pushing back, yeah things happen but when you announce that town square is ready for release with a 1% chance of needing to be pushed back it does get somewhat annoying when by magic it gets pushed back

I totally agree with you.

I do have a lot of hope in this game and that is probably the only thing that doesn't push me off the edge regarding Identity.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

14 minutes ago, JoeyDawson said:

I do have a lot of hope in this game and that is probably the only thing that doesn't push me off the edge regarding Identity.

Lets be real, we all knew deep down it would be delayed again in-fact I wouldn't even be surprised if it was delayed again... I am very rapidly loosing interest in this game.

• Like 1

Welp, glad to see that these predictions didn't even last 1 day. Probably just gonna avoid the forums for a bit, I don't want to see all the forum posts about it. Im just gonna say they better not delay again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeyDawson said:

What if I told you it would die out before TS even gets released?

Joke aside,

Couldve expected it..

I backed this about 2 years ago, and with the limited media give outs and with just 2 videos out I kept believing in it.
But even I'm slowly losing it now after all these set backs, even if you expect it to happen eventually it will tire you out.

"To help ease the pain of waiting for a taste of Identity, we're going to start throwing more media out for you, including a Town Square trailer video overviewing the features you'll find inside."

Not gonna see that happen really, they said there will be a trailer video, but I see it happen that the video will get pushed back aswell untill April 23th lol.

This game is dead in the ditch before it could even release a single module. One that they said would be out in March. This is just piss poor management and I have no faith or interest in this game anymore. The gameplay doesn’t even look that good to be lied to by the developers. Hype train has officially left the station and isn’t coming back

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1