Nave95

Controlled Choas

Thought I'd add something to this section.

So, most of us know that there will be elections, and people will be able to vote and elect someone to control the laws, taxes, ect. I'm assuming there will be limits still put on these things? Will there be a process to being elected so as to keep down on it being griefed and someone with a few friends getting them elected and then messing up the laws, taxes, or making inappropriate laws. example: racist, genocide. I'm assuming that there will be admins monitoring certain things like this though and removing people as needed?

Edited by Nave95

I think the governor would have choice over the smaller things that go on like taxes and the admins  will have control on the big laws or nation laws that the governor cant change. It would also be cool to see some type of election to see if the people want a law imposed by the governor or not.

2 minutes ago, dolore said:

I think the governor would have choice over the smaller things that go on like taxes and the admins  will have control on the big laws or nation laws that the governor cant change. It would also be cool to see some type of election to see if the people want a law imposed by the governor or not.

Yeah, those things would really help things run smoothly.

I'm just worried that as a mmo and not a private game- it'll get out of hand chaotically, like random stabbings and such.

• Like 1

Awesome! While y'all all killing each other, I'm gonna watch tv- eat a nutterbutter- and smoke cannabissssssisisisisss.

Best part is my tv is other players game so yeah, smoke weed watching bank robberies xD 

any bad desisions that the higher power makes would reflect badly on him. i propose that it be made a REALLY good thing to be high up in the political career, like alot of good perks and pay so that you dont want to mess it up as badly as you could

then again we are not %100 on all the things you can controll, taxes obviousley, but those taxes gotta go someware. they might have to start cutting pay for goverment payed jobs like medical and police, promoting a strike.

i s'pose in a way it would be realistic not to have many limets, because a kim jong un leader isnt going to stay on for long

I feel the game needs to be realistic as in, we are supposed to progress and build in life and same with this game, we build our jobs, design hours for workers and such, why not design the specific amount of degree you can go. Like meth is obviously illegal, where pot can be either in the game world, as long as it's benifical and the majority desire- the governor will be applauded.

I understand how thing are suppose to work and play out, But I always know there is people out there who will just try to wreck the whole roleplay and world for everyone who actually cares about the game and experiencing it. For me personally I can see that If I was new to this game and got griefed a ton in the first hours, I would be a bit upset. Mostly because I know that's not how the game is suppose to play. I've had this issue first hand with Arma Life mods and other Roleplaying servers. When the roleplay is good and everyone is doing their job, It is some of the best experiences you've had, but most of the time it's you getting randomly killed, run over, or a 10 year old saying your mom over and over. Hopefully the community will be a lot more mature and harder to access unless you truly want to get into it. Of course this is me looking at it from a more semi-serious roleplay point of view.

Edited by Nave95

Now how would it work if say their were candidates running, and one got killed by someone. Would they come back and still run, or completely change the elections?

On 1/2/2016 at 10:09 PM, Nave95 said:

I understand how thing are suppose to work and play out, But I always know there is people out there who will just try to wreck the whole roleplay and world for everyone who actually cares about the game and experiencing it. For me personally I can see that If I was new to this game and got griefed a ton in the first hours, I would be a bit upset. Mostly because I know that's not how the game is suppose to play. I've had this issue first hand with Arma Life mods and other Roleplaying servers. When the roleplay is good and everyone is doing their job, It is some of the best experiences you've had, but most of the time it's you getting randomly killed, run over, or a 10 year old saying your mom over and over. Hopefully the community will be a lot more mature and harder to access unless you truly want to get into it. Of course this is me looking at it from a more semi-serious roleplay point of view.

I'm fairly certain that there will be privately operated servers which will use a whitelist.

So you can cut down on the amount of stupidity in a server, drastically, by having people apply to it rather than freely joining, as people don't often want to spend time writing an application and waiting a day or so, just to get banned from the server on day one for griefing.

Hello there,

Well, this issue can be explained into two parts:

1. Official Servers
As far as my knowledge goes, and mind you I may still be wrong as this is old information from our old forums, the official servers will be moderated by a dedicated team of in-game Identity Staff. This is akin to most MMO's where you have "GM's" keep the peace by making sure everything falls within rules.

2. Private Servers
All moderation that happens falls under the responsibility of said server's owner and the people they appoint in the position as 'administrator', 'moderator' or whatever they would like to call their peacekeepers. The quality and bias-level of this is not necessarily better or worse but keep in mind that these people usually are volunteers who also have a Real-Life to attend to and perhaps don't have much of their day to spent on doing this (I am in this position myself as one of the volunteer administrators from Asylum Entertainment's "Altis Life" community).

I think it suffices to say that you should not worry too much about the Official Servers, I'm sure they'll be watched well. I however cannot say anything about how a Private Server will do as that will be all up to the their owners and their teams of course.

Best thing to do is wait and see, of course. But nevertheless, you've raised a very good question!

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 1

I'll stick to the official servers because it will be more fair, and more regulated for rule breaking. Private servers might have people who are friends of the owners getting free money and houses and stuff. 

• Like 3

• On 1/11/2016 at 6:19 PM, KevinLangston said:
    On 1/3/2016 at 5:19 AM, KevinLangston said:

I'll stick to the official servers because it will be more fair, and more regulated for rule breaking. Private servers might have people who are friends of the owners getting free money and houses and stuff. 

On 1/2/2016 at 3:35 AM, NutterButter said:
    • I would def vote to legalize marijuana in the game. Just saying.

I am the voice of hope, i will fight for the people until the end! 

Money will not trump my commitment to our society.

I will make jobs appealing with good paying wages believe  me.

Our justice system will be fair and not discriminate against minorities.

People that are ill and want to try different directions then pharmaceuticals drugs will be able to get Medical marijuana.

The wealth gap will not be as enormous as we have seen, i will make sure that big businesses pay their fair share of taxes!. 

Vote for hope vote for a strong society.

#Dino2016.

B0220000BN0000034731717170695RE0000AFA,vote-for-dino.jpg

B0220000WH0000008951818181543WI0000AFA,vote-for-hope.jpg

Edited by Dino-D
I forgot to put in my text