MrClark

This Is What People Were Talking About

At the beginning  everyone was begging for a sign of development either the Town Square be released or a gameplay video and almost everybody wouldn't shut up about it. Now they released a video and everyone is trashing it. You need to be thankful that they listen you their community and quit complaining because they try as hard as they can on these things. This is what they were scared about taking about it being too early for a gameplay video or Town Square. 

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

If I remember correctly no one originally told them to make a video. The devs back in like October said a video would come before the year was out, it never came. Problems like these don't originate from the consumers, but the devs. I hope the PR team learn from their past mistakes and prevent these types of things, or at least be strong about not releasing something and sticking to it.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

If I remember correctly no one originally told them to make a video. The devs back in like October said a video would come before the year was out, it never came. Problems like these don't originate from the consumers, but the devs. I hope the PR team learn from their past mistakes and prevent these types of things, or at least be strong about not releasing something and sticking to it.

People have been asking for a year since the apartment one.

• Like 2

I agree with you @MrClark , I really appreciate the hard work from the developers, even if it's not perfected. And for me, a delayed video is less of a concern for me than a delayed product.

6 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

I can confirm people have been asking for the video for quite some time.

12 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

^ agreed, i love the devs but PR has always been an issue for them

On 2/22/2018 at 4:29 PM, MrClark said:

At the beginning  everyone was begging for a sign of development either the Town Square be released or a gameplay video and almost everybody wouldn't shut up about it. Now they released a video and everyone is trashing it. You need to be thankful that they listen you their community and quit complaining because they try as hard as they can on these things. This is what they were scared about taking about it being too early for a gameplay video or Town Square. 

Stop lying no one asked for the video, they said it in a dev blog in october and hyping everything up, they did it with the previous video too, and also with the new website HyPe that didnt came out. And BTW the video is horrible and i refunded with many of my friends

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConnorKastalk said:

Stop lying no one asked for the video, they said it in a dev blog in october and hyping everything up, they did it with the previous video too, and also with the new website HyPe that didnt came out. And BTW the video is horrible and i refunded with many of my friends

October? Please do me a favor and do your homework (aka search). The very first mention about gun play mechanic video was on the 13th of January 2017.

And people DID ask for more videos. I'll give a few examples as I don't want to bore you with a bunch of forum threads.

The "new" website will come out before the release of Town Square module, as well as the TS video. But for me, a video isn't fully representative of how the game will be. I'm less worried about a not so well done video than the actual module. But hey, if you're not satisfied, you can always wait and see for yourself in four weeks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LordBenji said:

October? Please do me a favor and do your homework (aka search). The very first mention about gun play mechanic video was on the 13th of January 2017.

And people DID ask for more videos. I'll give a few examples as I don't want to bore you with a bunch of forum threads.

The "new" website will come out before the release of Town Square module, as well as the TS video. But for me, a video isn't fully representative of how the game will be. I'm less worried about a not so well done video than the actual module. But hey, if you're not satisfied, you can always wait and see for yourself in four weeks.

It wont come out before TS module. garenteed

Well no I am sorry but this is not a fair criticism. We have been asked to back a product which is not out yet, we as consumers are obviously going to want to see a snippet of what it is we are donating our money to, and concept art doesn't do that. Not only can we demand to see progress, we should. We have a responsibility to ensure our investment doesn't make us regret our decision, and so we have every right to ask for more videos and updates. We also have every right to criticise a video we didn't like. Just because we asked for a video doesn't mean we have to like it, in fact the whole point of asking for a video is to see if we like it or not so we can give the devs feedback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

Well no I am sorry but this is not a fair criticism. We have been asked to back a product which is not out yet, we as consumers are obviously going to want to see a snippet of what it is we are donating our money to, and concept art doesn't do that. Not only can we demand to see progress, we should. We have a responsibility to ensure our investment doesn't make us regret our decision, and so we have every right to ask for more videos and updates. We also have every right to criticise a video we didn't like. Just because we asked for a video doesn't mean we have to like it, in fact the whole point of asking for a video is to see if we like it or not so we can give the devs feedback.

Looks like you don't understand. You have helped to make a game with no guarantees. Devs DON'T HAVE TO listen to you if they don't want to. You gave your money and they give you access to the game THAT'S ALL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

It's our choice to pledge and by doing so, we accept the risks the development of this game may encounter. Some people will ask for videos for a proof that there's progress being made. We are given monthly blogs, bi-weekly Q&A streams, some other developers also stream almost everyday too.

I've seen people asking for the developers to stream the back end coding, but I highly doubt they'll do that as I'm pretty sure they don't want it to be open source, as it might cause issues (you know, people with bad intentions). There's stuff being hidden for security reasons. The community manager have said on Discord that he can't just roam around in the office with a camera to film everything, but he wanted to ask John or Sean about it. The only remaining option at this point would be to show game play video. But look, the first module is coming in less than four weeks, and their next video is about that. Then after that, I think the next one will be about SWAT, but I'm not sure as it's still early.

But for the C&A video, yes people have their right to be upset and criticize. It's just I find it shameful when people do it hatefully and blindly rely on that one video to ask for a refund. I already gave my thoughts about it, which was to have mixed feelings about it, but I don't rely on that one video to judge whether the game will be good or not. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eriberto said:

Looks like you don't understand. You have helped to make a game with no guarantees. Devs DON'T HAVE TO listen to you if they don't want to. You gave your money and they give you access to the game THAT'S ALL. 

I am starting to get really tired of people who are defending the devs here as if I am attacking them. Please quote me where I stated that they have to listen to us? Let me save you some time; I didn't. Our criticisms of this video are not us hating on the dev team or the game, we are saying we don't like the video. Why is that so taboo to say? I am under no obligation to enjoy everything they put out just because I have pledged early. The dev team do not need to listen to us, but we are absolutely entitled to voice our opinion on something we have paid for. 

But please, point out to me where I have said that the devs have to do anything other than give us access to the game?

12 hours ago, LordBenji said:

It's our choice to pledge and by doing so, we accept the risks the development of this game may encounter. Some people will ask for videos for a proof that there's progress being made. We are given monthly blogs, bi-weekly Q&A streams, some other developers also stream almost everyday too.

I've seen people asking for the developers to stream the back end coding, but I highly doubt they'll do that as I'm pretty sure they don't want it to be open source, as it might cause issues (you know, people with bad intentions). There's stuff being hidden for security reasons. The community manager have said on Discord that he can't just roam around in the office with a camera to film everything, but he wanted to ask John or Sean about it. The only remaining option at this point would be to show game play video. But look, the first module is coming in less than four weeks, and their next video is about that. Then after that, I think the next one will be about SWAT, but I'm not sure as it's still early.

But for the C&A video, yes people have their right to be upset and criticize. It's just I find it shameful when people do it hatefully and blindly rely on that one video to ask for a refund. I already gave my thoughts about it, which was to have mixed feelings about it, but I don't rely on that one video to judge whether the game will be good or not. 

Now you have written a much more educated response, but your comprehension of what I am saying is still flawed. I never once stated that we don't have to accept the risks of development. Never. However I do agree with your last point. I hate the C&P video, but I cannot complain about anything else so refunding it would be stupid. I love the game, not the video. Fully agree.

Yeah, y'know some people are really naive and have no idea how long it takes to make a good game, and with very little staff and funding

People should actually be glad we've actually seen new footage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue_Foot said:

Yeah, y'know some people are really naive and have no idea how long it takes to make a good game, and with very little staff and funding

People should actually be glad we've actually seen new footage

We know how long it takes, some of us have been waiting years for this game. We understand, and we love the dev team, but we aren't under obligation to just 'be glad' that we have new footage. If you don't like something, you speak up about it. That is how problems are solved. You should be thanking everyone criticising this footage because it will only make the game better.

When I pledged months back, I was excited for the game. As time went on that excitement faded and started to consider a refund. I changed my mind and decided not to refund and just see how it turns out. The video was ok I guess but this was the first glimpse of the game and I'm not sure why people think it's going to look like the finished product. I know it's near the first module release but what are people expecting? We are in essence the testers of an unfinished game.

If you want a finished and polished game straight off the bat then why pledge now? Is it a generation thing that people just want everything done now this instant? Yes it's a frustrating wait when you have pledged your hard earned money, you want to see stuff, but at the same time it's still very early days and the whole point of pledging is to help with the development.

It seems funny that people are ignoring the fact they are going to be playing an ALPHA version of the game when playing the modules.

Edited by facade

Round and round we go.... some one makes a thread defending the devs and some one makes one attacking them.  Of course people asked for a video, they will ask for anything they can.  The devs didn't have to provide one though.  The video they released felt rushed and incomplete in my opinion.  It showed me personally how far they have yet to go.  They are a small team and it is what it is.  Look forward to the Town Square and see how it goes from there.  I humbly ask that everyone stop posting all these passive / aggressive threads and relax.  Go play something else and check back in 2019 / 2020 when it might be close to getting complete. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2018 at 8:08 PM, facade said:

It seems funny that people are ignoring the fact they are going to be playing an ALPHA version of the game when playing the modules.

Not truly an Alpha, but I get your point. I see is as an early development demo of the game, because it'll feature a small part of the game. I'm fully aware that the modules are for testing purpose and to get feedback from the players who made a pledge ($30+).

10 hours ago, Merrkul said:

Round and round we go.... some one makes a thread defending the devs and some one makes one attacking them.  Of course people asked for a video, they will ask for anything they can.  The devs didn't have to provide one though.  The video they released felt rushed and incomplete in my opinion.  It showed me personally how far they have yet to go.  They are a small team and it is what it is.  Look forward to the Town Square and see how it goes from there.  I humbly ask that everyone stop posting all these passive / aggressive threads and relax.  Go play something else and check back in 2019 / 2020 when it might be close to getting complete. 

And some are showing their opinion about the game play video. It did leave me with mixed feelings, but as it has almost nothing to do with Town Square, and that it's still very early development, I won't let that affect my thoughts about the game. I'm still on the "defending" side, because I'm not the type of guy who will complain about things. I prefer to give an honest opinion and give constructive criticism.

It's also true that the developers didn't have to provide a video, while they knew the community was asking for it (since the apartment video). But they still did provide one because otherwise it would be breaking their promise about showing a gun play video and people would still be upset.

For a small team of around 20 developers, I'm still impressed by what they have done, while we should not forget they were even much smaller several months ago. Some people wonder why they don't hire more people. Asylum is still looking for talented artists and developers, but they don't grow on trees as far as I know.

But anyways, I'm just here giving my opinion and showing facts, answering questions and trying to help as best as I can. As a Speed Demon pack pledger, I'm really looking forward playing all the modules and the game. But for now I just play wait and play other games.

@MrClark it seems to me that you are new to the Alpha gaming trend. The developers get all this support from the community for so many years. More than 1 Mill was raised and you got absolutely nothing but a short gameplay video. Not only that, the dev blog in the site is rarely updated. All these things indicate that the development team is not doing what they supposed to be doing. Sayings like  "We are a small team" and "Our lead dev is out of country" are bullshit. The fact that the Lead Developer started doing 3d models is not an indication they work hard, but an indication that the money ran out, the management screw things up and we get promises of fake deadlines. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Plumis said:

@MrClark it seems to me that you are new to the Alpha gaming trend. The developers get all this support from the community for so many years. More than 1 Mill was raised and you got absolutely nothing but a short gameplay video. Not only that, the dev blog in the site is rarely updated. All these things indicate that the development team is not doing what they supposed to be doing. Sayings like  "We are a small team" and "Our lead dev is out of country" are bullshit. The fact that the Lead Developer started doing 3d models is not an indication they work hard, but an indication that the money ran out, the management screw things up and we get promises of fake deadlines. 

I't now new to the "Alpha gaming trend". It just makes me mad because everyone begs for a video then after they didn't want to make it they did.