HAWK

This is the new video...?

This is the new video...?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. This is the first official video of gameplay of Identity. What do you think of it?

• I thought it was a very amazing video that showed us a lot of interesting aspects of the game.
    • I thought it was a good video. There may have been spots that could be a bit better.
    • This video was alright at best. It lacked a lot of things but still was good.
    • This video was a big disappointment. We waited months and months for THIS!? It could of been better in almost every way.
  2. 2. Which aspect of the game from this trailer needs the most improvement?

• Animations
    • Colliders
    • Sounds
    • Vehicles
    • Graphics
  3. 3. Was this the trailer we all deserve after waiting for so long?

• Yes
    • No

Before anything let me state this is my opinion, y'all can agree or disagree, but from my viewpoint this is what I got to say:

I have to admit that I'm really disappointed in this video. The devs have said that this video would be released about two weeks ago. That's after the devs said the video will be coming in days not weeks. But due to problems with animations they had to delay the video. My question is . . . what gosh dang animations costed a 1-2 week delay when the video was only two minutes?! I mean there were not even many animations to begin with, most of which were basic animations. Which raises another question. Why are they just now getting to the animations? And why on earth would they (the devs) show the audience animations that are place holders? They've made numerous statements that they're taking so long with the videos to make sure it's the best quality for us. So after months of waiting we get place holders. I don't know about you but for devs that stressed the point of, we want to be very careful about releasing videos because we care about first impressions and want the best for the gamer, this two minute video is very sad. There are numerous problems with the video that I've seen and y'all have already saw too. Such as the animations, graphics and colliders just naming a few. Don't get me wrong this game still has a lot of potential and I still want to get it! But this video that we all waited for a very long time failed.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, HAWK said:

Before anything let me state this is my opinion, y'all can agree or disagree, but from my viewpoint this is what I got to say:

I have to admit that I'm really disappointed in this video. The devs have said that this video would be released about two weeks ago. That's after the devs said the video will be coming in days not weeks. But due to problems with animations they had to delay the video. My question is . . . what gosh dang animations costed a 1-2 week delay when the video was only two minutes?! I mean there were not even many animations to begin with, most of which were basic animations. Which raises another question. Why are they just now getting to the animations? And why on earth would they (the devs) show the audience animations that are place holders? They've made numerous statements that they're taking so long with the videos to make sure it's the best quality for us. So after months of waiting we get place holders. I don't know about you but for devs that stressed the point of, we want to be very careful about releasing videos because we care about first impressions and want the best for the gamer, this two minute video is very sad. There are numerous problems with the video that I've seen and y'all have already saw too. Such as the animations, graphics and colliders just naming a few. Don't get me wrong this game still has a lot of potential and I still want to get it! But this video that we all waited for a very long time failed.

Agree with you on most points, but I'm willing to give them leeway on the animations if they are improved in future videos. Most of us don't have any idea what goes on in the background, many things could have happened to cause this to happen and they probably felt pressured to release something sooner rather then later, which is sad to see because these types of things can easily help to sway mainstream appeal for the game away.

First, people are screaming they want to see the Gameplay now, fast, hurry! Finaly the dev show us the gameplay and everyone is angry that they show it to us because the community want more....... Crazy!

I am verry happy with this small video, it was not to much but its nice to see the first real gameplay

Hey Devs, keep up the good work! Hope you will make Identity Great!

Edited by James_Miller
  • Like 2

nothing is ever good enough, said it at the start and ill say it to the very end, until you create something picture perfect and have it in someones hands, no matter how many times they ask for clips, videos, etc, however many times you supply them a sample, nothing is ever good enough until its picture perfect and its in their hands to play. Easy to criticise content that's not even finished. 

The graphics was a lot poorer than previous clips/trailers.  This was definitely a big disappointment for me.  Graphics is the #1 issue I look for in a sim game.

I really thought it was a good trailer! It showcased the crime vs law side of the game, which is something I have read and heard about but have not seen till the video! I'm super excited for this project and well there is still things being worked on and fixed, I'm happy to be here for the ride!.

• Like 2

It is just a preview of a few features and animations, it's not a preview of the entire game. You cannot be upset about the video when they have been harassed to put one together. Could it have showed more than a handful of features, or have been longer than 2 minutes? Sure. But for what they showed us it looks like it will be just fine. No game is perfect, but they are taking their time with the small company that they are, and are trying to release a game that everyone wants.

• Like 1

I think it's also important for people to keep in mind that criticism is a good thing. I am not saying to get mad at the developers or act like a butt, but giving actual criticism is a good thing and should stop being discouraged by a lot of people in the community in fear of "hurting feelings". The animations are not the best, the devs heard us, gave us an answer, and now we have hopefully better animations to look forward to, that is good community and developer feedback and communication. I just wanted to mention this as some people seem to get mad at any type of negativity towards the game, which is not a good thing!

Edited by MisterDuggy
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

7 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

Agree with you on most points, but I'm willing to give them leeway on the animations if they are improved in future videos. Most of us don't have any idea what goes on in the background, many things could have happened to cause this to happen and they probably felt pressured to release something sooner rather then later, which is sad to see because these types of things can easily help to sway mainstream appeal for the game away.

I agree with you as well. I'm sure these animations will get better.

2 hours ago, Whitefeather said:

It is just a preview of a few features and animations, it's not a preview of the entire game. You cannot be upset about the video when they have been harassed to put one together. Could it have showed more than a handful of features, or have been longer than 2 minutes? Sure. But for what they showed us it looks like it will be just fine. No game is perfect, but they are taking their time with the small company that they are, and are trying to release a game that everyone wants.

I never said it was a preview of the entire game. @Whitefeather @James_Miller@Narc it's been about 4 months where all of us were expecting some sort of video to come out. This dates back to last summer where they prolonged the video because they have stated numerous times that first impressions means the most to them. Now if that really was the case they wouldn't and shouldn't have placed any place holders especially with animations in this video. Let's remember it's 1 minute and 55 seconds long, with the very basic animations such as jogging, shooting, driving, etc. These are the animations that should have been done months ago. Minding you this game has been being worked on for a very long time. So my biggest problem was the emphasis these developers used to delay this video "wanting to make sure everyone really enjoys this video because 1st impressions means a lot to us" and yet we get a rushed, last minute, video. The first of which to really show us actual gameplay of the world. Delaying things is nothing new to these developers so why put out a "7/10" video with a lot mistakes when they could of taken another two weeks to put out a 10/10 video? A lot of us have been here a lot longer than others and been patiently waiting for a real actual video. In my opinion this video didn't do the game justice. I know this game is gonna be amazing, but putting a video like this out where people can easily see the flaws and how long the devs have been working on this can hurt this game. The excuse of "the devs were pressured to release a video" isn't valid when they delayed the modules and the videos themselves from being released without any problem at all. They care very much about this game which is great, but they should of waited a little longer before releasing it to assure it's perfection.

2 minutes ago, HAWK said:

with the very basic animations such as jogging, shooting, driving, etc.

I would only agree to "Walking animations" The driving is not going to be until Module 3 and the Gun stuff was pretty well done and so really don't mater if they were not finished. Foliage looked decent and also won't be in yet either other than a few things is the TS module but not as much as what we see in the video. 

The animations as you saw were not done as far back as summer because they didn't have the animator that they do have now and I am sure that they will get this done for the next video/ Town Square Trailer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I would only agree to "Walking animations" The driving is not going to be until Module 3 and the Gun stuff was pretty well done and so really don't mater if they were not finished. Foliage looked decent and also won't be in yet either other than a few things is the TS module but not as much as what we see in the video. 

The animations as you saw were not done as far back as summer because they didn't have the animator that they do have now and I am sure that they will get this done for the next video/ Town Square Trailer.

Well the driving I thought was really great besides the colliders for the tires where the tires actually went through the ground at one point in the beginning of the video. The gun stuff was actually kinda disappointing. But, before you or anyone else freaks out let me explain. This game is built off of realism. Having that said the officer in first view point is shooting with only one hand which no officer would ever do unless they couldn't use their other hand. Also having shot a glock before that really does not sound like it. Kinda sounds like a cap gun going off. lol. Now besides that another problem I have is  that some of the animations and the gun itself seems to be imported from an asset from the Unreal Engine market. The reason I think this is that I use the very same asset for my game and it behaves and feels the same way. Now let me say again I'm not saying I truly believe this but it did strike a little odd to me. Which raises another question. Did they not even create the animation and weapon themselves and instead bought it off the store? Here's the asset I'm referring to: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/aaa-animated-fps-g18-pistol-pack

Edited by HAWK
fixing

16 minutes ago, HAWK said:

Well the driving I thought was really great besides the colliders for the tires where the tires actually went through the ground at one point in the beginning of the video. The gun stuff was actually kinda disappointing. But, before you or anyone else freaks out let me explain. This game is built off of realism. Having that said the officer in first view point is shooting with only one hand which no officer would ever do unless they couldn't use their other hand. Also having shot a glock before that really does not sound like it. Kinda sounds like a cap gun going off. lol. Now besides that another problem I have is  that some of the animations and the gun itself seems to be imported from an asset from the Unreal Engine market. The reason I think this is that I use the very same asset for my game and it behaves and feels the same way. Now let me say again I'm not saying I truly believe this but it did strike a little odd to me. Which raises another question. Did they not even create the animation and weapon themselves and instead bought it off the store? Here's the asset I'm referring to: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/aaa-animated-fps-g18-pistol-pack

They modelled the Glock on a stream, it was made by them. But could have just used the asset or the gun sounds like that because it wasn't completely finished. Guns won't be used in the TS module and so as long as they fix the cop using the gun in only 1 hand before that module then it is fine as it will not affect anything before Module 2. Anything Gun or Vehicle related will fixed before their respective modules. I do understand your point. I just like to look at the facts on when things need to be done and that is why I on't really say it mattered as they were made purely to put in that video and yet will not be in the 1st Module. The Walking animations will be fixed for the 1st Module itself.

3 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They modelled the Glock on a stream, it was made by them. But could have just used the asset or the gun sounds like that because it wasn't completely finished. Guns won't be used in the TS module and so as long as they fix the cop using the gun in only 1 hand before that module then it is fine as it will not affect anything before Module 2. Anything Gun or Vehicle related will fixed before their respective modules. I do understand your point. I just like to look at the facts on when things need to be done and that is why I on't really say it mattered as they were made purely to put in that video and yet will not be in the 1st Module. The Walking animations will be fixed for the 1st Module itself.

I really do understand your point too. lol. We both got two different ways of looking at it. Neither of us are wrong or right, but we just got our different outlooks. I totally understand that those things will be fixed in the future, but I believe you would agree with me that they shouldn't have posted a video that had a lot of "place holders" when this video is a huge big deal for the game since it's the first actual gameplay video that show cases new aspects. Regardless if it's going to change in the future they should of really made sure all of the animations in this video would be done to their standards as if they just release the game tomorrow since a lot of people will judge this video whether they want to get it or not. As well as we all been waiting for a video that they delayed due to them wanting to make a great first impression. From my view place holders isn't the best way to make a great first impression. lol. Great discussion!

Literally just made an account to reply. Literally just found out about the game today.

The video told us a lot. Sure, previous videos had better visuals, but that just means that visuals are probably dynamic and can be changed to suit the system. As for animations, I agree they need an update. There is no walk or run animation, theres just sort of "jog." I also felt the driving needs to be tweaked. From what I could tell, the vehicle had too much acceleration, but that could be operator error. 

Video games take a long time to make, especially for small companies, and especially for games this broad. The first open beta will be rough. If anyone is reading this, you should also consider that projects take twice as long as expected due to obstacles and issues that come up during the process. Including the overview video, a lot of the gameplay already appears finished, but the overview video was more likely a concept video: what the game WILL have, but not what it currently has. Looking forward to realistic animations coming along. Will likely pre-order the game as well.

On 2/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, HAWK said:

We were told that these animations were out of date and some better animations are done or being developed. Vehicle physics are not 100% done according to Motown.

14 minutes ago, Aerotactics said:

Literally just made an account to reply. Literally just found out about the game today.

The video told us a lot. Sure, previous videos had better visuals, but that just means that visuals are probably dynamic and can be changed to suit the system. As for animations, I agree they need an update. There is no walk or run animation, theres just sort of "jog." I also felt the driving needs to be tweaked. From what I could tell, the vehicle had too much acceleration, but that could be operator error. 

Video games take a long time to make, especially for small companies, and especially for games this broad. The first open beta will be rough. If anyone is reading this, you should also consider that projects take twice as long as expected due to obstacles and issues that come up during the process. Including the overview video, a lot of the gameplay already appears finished, but the overview video was more likely a concept video: what the game WILL have, but not what it currently has. Looking forward to realistic animations coming along. Will likely pre-order the game as well.

Welcome to the forums! lol. That's true about the visuals, but usually game devs run their systems at max graphic settings to impress the viewers. So if they are running it at max the graphics need a lot of work since UE is a beautiful engine. Very true, games like this do take a long time especially for a small team. That's why this game has been in dev. for a few years now (from what I can remember). So having said that I think we all expected a bit more for a game that they said will knock our socks off when they show us this video. And here we are confused and a little disappointed.

5 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

We were told that these animations were out of date and some better animations are done or being developed. Vehicle physics are not 100% done according to Motown.

Yeah so if that's the case they should of really held off until those animations were done to really make a good first impression. That's interesting that he says that when in one of their interviews they said the vehicles were almost done and just needed some tweaks and we would be very impressed with them once we see it.

(insert month and months of work befor theses dates ) 

Posted August 28, 2017
"One of our top priorities right now is to give all of you who have been waiting a glimpse of real gameplay in a video. Identity's funding and progress has exploded since we showed you the workings of the housing and apartment systems on YouTube, and now we want you to see vehicles, drug production and weapon systems.

I can't promise any dates on this video, but it'll be soon. In fact, I expect you to watch this video before you receive the next dev blog. This coming video is sort of a catalyst, and I can't wait to show you what's in store after it."

Posted October 12, 2017
"We wanted to give you a glimpse of the game development process and have been streaming on Twitch to show you how it's done. Four hour (or more) long streams have gone live since my last dev blog; keep an eye on Identity's Twitter for future stream announcements. We try to have at least one development stream per week.

As a fan of Identity, one of the things you're going to enjoy most is the flurry of videos which will be coming soon showing off the social features of the Town Square. For a simple social module, there's a good bit of fun things to do!"

Posted December 1, 2017
"With our expanding development team, we're able to focus our efforts in more areas of Identity's development. With vehicle and weapon systems now getting attention, we're once again progressing towards a short but feature packed gameplay video for you guys to check out. "

Posted December 23, 2017
With the Town Square development moving along, we're not far off from showing the world real Identity gameplay! Like I said up there, January is going to be a big month. For us in the studio, we're excited to get our hands on a few new technology demos that might have a huge impact on Identity! For our fans, January is going to be the month you see the first true world gameplay video. Not only that, but soon after we're looking to release a Town Square trailer! Keep your eyes out on Identity's Twitter and Facebook.

(another 4 weeks passes.) 

February 13th (finally the video) 

and now here we are after sevearl mentions of a video coming soon with feature packed and whatever else they said i was dispointed in what they shown all i saw personally was a fancy rendered scene in unreal enjine with some custom added GUI for the drugs and flunky animations the car driving it self and what not looked to be like already added place holders to the engine it self they give you for free for the ammount of time they spent making this video and to only show a mintue if that of actual basic gameplay that could of been recorded and done in less then a day to basically spend months working on animations and they where still flunky 
i suppose we all have high expectations so where giving them a hard time.. but i dont know i honestly see this being another stomping land or emergancyNYC (for thoes who don't know this is what NYC showed off back in the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaDOrBzU3g&index=6&list=WL as you can see it looked pretty good and looked like they made progress well fast forward to 2018 and now go look at the game on steam it looked completely nothing like it they had pretty much started from scracth (but its actually making steady progress) but my point remains This is what idenity is doing showing off fancy rendered scenes that i don't will cut in in the final game whatever road block NYC hit so will they of course this game will end in 3 ways be canceled.. be the the worse game ever.. or the best game ever.. we shall wait and see 
so far im personally not impressed YET

from what i saw a basic unreal armature could of made the same video in much less time..  but i suppose good luck to the dev's your gonna need it.. iv'e seen unreal fans on youtube make side projects much better and in much less time then this lol.. 

Edited by Joe

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

(insert month and months of work befor theses dates ) 

Posted August 28, 2017
"One of our top priorities right now is to give all of you who have been waiting a glimpse of real gameplay in a video. Identity's funding and progress has exploded since we showed you the workings of the housing and apartment systems on YouTube, and now we want you to see vehicles, drug production and weapon systems.

I can't promise any dates on this video, but it'll be soon. In fact, I expect you to watch this video before you receive the next dev blog. This coming video is sort of a catalyst, and I can't wait to show you what's in store after it."

Posted October 12, 2017
"We wanted to give you a glimpse of the game development process and have been streaming on Twitch to show you how it's done. Four hour (or more) long streams have gone live since my last dev blog; keep an eye on Identity's Twitter for future stream announcements. We try to have at least one development stream per week.

As a fan of Identity, one of the things you're going to enjoy most is the flurry of videos which will be coming soon showing off the social features of the Town Square. For a simple social module, there's a good bit of fun things to do!"

Posted December 1, 2017
"With our expanding development team, we're able to focus our efforts in more areas of Identity's development. With vehicle and weapon systems now getting attention, we're once again progressing towards a short but feature packed gameplay video for you guys to check out. "

Posted December 23, 2017
With the Town Square development moving along, we're not far off from showing the world real Identity gameplay! Like I said up there, January is going to be a big month. For us in the studio, we're excited to get our hands on a few new technology demos that might have a huge impact on Identity! For our fans, January is going to be the month you see the first true world gameplay video. Not only that, but soon after we're looking to release a Town Square trailer! Keep your eyes out on Identity's Twitter and Facebook.

(another 4 weeks passes.) 

February 13th (finally the video) 

and now here we are after sevearl mentions of a video coming soon with feature packed and whatever else they said i was dispointed in what they shown all i saw personally was a fancy rendered scene in unreal enjine with some custom added GUI for the drugs and flunky animations the car driving it self and what not looked to be like already added place holders to the engine it self they give you for free for the ammount of time they spent making this video and to only show a mintue if that of actual basic gameplay that could of been recorded and done in less then a day to basically spend months working on animations and they where still flunky 
i suppose we all have high expectations so where giving them a hard time.. but i dont know i honestly see this being another stomping land or emergancyNYC (for thoes who don't know this is what NYC showed off back in the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaDOrBzU3g&index=6&list=WL as you can see it looked pretty good and looked like they made progress well fast forward to 2018 and now go look at the game on steam it looked completely nothing like it they had pretty much started from scracth (but its actually making steady progress) but my point remains This is what idenity is doing showing off fancy rendered scenes that i don't will cut in in the final game whatever road block NYC hit so will they of course this game will end in 3 ways be canceled.. be the the worse game ever.. or the best game ever.. we shall wait and see 
so far im personally not impressed YET

from what i saw a basic unreal armature could of made the same video in much less time..  but i suppose good luck to the dev's your gonna need it.. iv'e seen unreal fans on youtube make side projects much better and in much less time then this lol.. 

This is just about how I feel! You explained it really well. You can see all of these dev blogs where the devs have promised this video will be very great and is coming really soon only to see a month goes by and they're making the same statement again "it's coming guys! The video will be soon". Fast forward 5-6 months later and we finally get a freaking screenshot of what? Of a house only to tell us the video is coming soon. lol. Sure enough a whole month passes and still nothing. Finally 2 weeks later we get --->a video<--- that is not even two minutes long! I mean dang, I know creating games take a long times but 6-7 months later after stating the video is coming soon each month just for bad animations and barely 2 minutes of gameplay. Come on devs, you guys are better than that. No one can argue facts and the fact is the devs were not prepared for this video at all and honestly from the looks of it could care less.

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

This is just about how I feel! You explained it really well. You can see all of these dev blogs where the devs have promised this video will be very great and is coming really soon only to see a month goes by and they're making the same statement again "it's coming guys! The video will be soon". Fast forward 5-6 months later and we finally get a freaking screenshot of what? Of a house only to tell us the video is coming soon. lol. Sure enough a whole month passes and still nothing. Finally 2 weeks later we get --->a video<--- that is not even two minutes long! I mean dang, I know creating games take a long times but 6-7 months later after stating the video is coming soon each month just for bad animations and barely 2 minutes of gameplay. Come on devs, you guys are better than that. No one can argue facts and the fact is the devs were not prepared for this video at all and honestly from the looks of it could care less.

Do you guys even understand what is going on in the background? Those assets and animations were two years old! That's what John and Sean have said in the latest stream video. Now you might be asking why didn't they focus on putting new animations and assets in the first place? I might not be able to fully answer that question though, but rest assured that the Town Square module will have fancy new assets and animations will be completely changed.

1 minute ago, LordBenji said:

Do you guys even understand what is going on in the background? Those assets and animations were two years old! That's what John and Sean have said in the latest stream video. Now you might be asking why didn't they focus on putting new animations and assets in the first place? I might not be able to fully answer that question though, but rest assured that the Town Square module will have fancy new assets and animations will be completely changed.

Dude you just admitted you don't even know what's happening in the background. lol. Plus that what we're all talking about. They used a lot of place holders.  We all waited months and months for old animations and place holder vegetation. That's ridiculous and they stressed first impressions. Admitting they used 2 years old animations for a gosh dang video that took them months to prepare reflects really bad on them. If that's the case we should of had this video months ago. For the first big actual gameplay video of the game place holders shouldn't even been words any of us used to describe it. They should have dedicated time to all of the assets that were going to be used in the video to assure the closest quality to the end product. My biggest problem was that these developers were not as prepared as they should have been and they had months to prepare.

1 hour ago, HAWK said:

Dude you just admitted you don't even know what's happening in the background. lol. Plus that what we're all talking about. They used a lot of place holders.  We all waited months and months for old animations and place holder vegetation. That's ridiculous and they stressed first impressions. Admitting they used 2 years old animations for a gosh dang video that took them months to prepare reflects really bad on them. If that's the case we should of had this video months ago. For the first big actual gameplay video of the game place holders shouldn't even been words any of us used to describe it. They should have dedicated time to all of the assets that were going to be used in the video to assure the closest quality to the end product. My biggest problem was that these developers were not as prepared as they should have been and they had months to prepare.

Nobody knows everything, but it just seems that some people have absolutely no idea what's going on then just complain. Sure there's things that the developers doesn't tell us, but if there's one thing that I know, is that it takes an enormous amount of time and efforts for such a small team to do that kind of thing. You'd expect a hell lot to be done, when a project this big would usually require tens of millions of dollar, and a few hundred employees. Also, did I forget to mention that the little farm stead area is the least of their priority for now? Okay yeah showing off some unfinished features might not have been the best idea, but you should wait for the next video for Town Square at least. Then if you're still unsatisfied about what a team of about 20 developers have done... Maybe you could tell them what you think should be improved. But don't forget, things doesn't happen in the blink of an eye.

4 hours ago, HAWK said:

Welcome to the forums! lol. That's true about the visuals, but usually game devs run their systems at max graphic settings to impress the viewers. So if they are running it at max the graphics need a lot of work since UE is a beautiful engine. Very true, games like this do take a long time especially for a small team. That's why this game has been in dev. for a few years now (from what I can remember). So having said that I think we all expected a bit more for a game that they said will knock our socks off when they show us this video. And here we are confused and a little disappointed.

Yeah so if that's the case they should of really held off until those animations were done to really make a good first impression. That's interesting that he says that when in one of their interviews they said the vehicles were almost done and just needed some tweaks and we would be very impressed with them once we see it.

This is due to people rushing the developers to get something out. People wanted proof of just some gameplay. The first true impression will be the first module, not a video. But I do agree with you in terms of saying things will get done and close deadlines will be met.

11 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Nobody knows everything, but it just seems that some people have absolutely no idea what's going on then just complain. Sure there's things that the developers doesn't tell us, but if there's one thing that I know, is that it takes an enormous amount of time and efforts for such a small team to do that kind of thing. You'd expect a hell lot to be done, when a project this big would usually require tens of millions of dollar, and a few hundred employees. Also, did I forget to mention that the little farm stead area is the least of their priority for now? Okay yeah showing off some unfinished features might not have been the best idea, but you should wait for the next video for Town Square at least. Then if you're still unsatisfied about what a team of about 20 developers have done... Maybe you could tell them what you think should be improved. But don't forget, things doesn't happen in the blink of an eye.

You do know that I'm not mad or angry right? lol. I don't hate the devs. But the fact the devs have delayed things for so long and this is the first video we get of gameplay and it's not even up to date with the assets. That without a doubt looks really bad from any viewpoint.  It doesn't take a team of 20 to do basic animations. lol. The least they could have done was make up to date animations with up to date vegetation at least for the location where the video was taking place. Asking for a good video isn't much to ask and is the least the devs can do for us after we've waited so long with nothing besides photos.

11 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

This is due to people rushing the developers to get something out. People wanted proof of just some gameplay. The first true impression will be the first module, not a video. But I do agree with you in terms of saying things will get done and close deadlines will be met.

Again you can't use the excuse "people rushing the developers to get something out" when that's been happening from the start years ago and they continue to move along. Heck they pushed back the video when people were rushing them for it to be released. So this time doesn't make it any different. Actually I'm using the dev words not mine, when talking about the video is the true first impressions. lol.

10 minutes ago, HAWK said:

You do know that I'm not mad or angry right? lol. I don't hate the devs. But the fact the devs have delayed things for so long and this is the first video we get of gameplay and it's not even up to date with the assets. That without a doubt looks really bad from any viewpoint.  It doesn't take a team of 20 to do basic animations. lol. The least they could have done was make up to date animations with up to date vegetation at least for the location where the video was taking place. Asking for a good video isn't much to ask and is the least the devs can do for us after we've waited so long with nothing besides photos.

Again you can't use the excuse "people rushing the developers to get something out" when that's been happening from the start years ago and they continue to move along. Heck they pushed back the video when people were rushing them for it to be released. So this time doesn't make it any different. Actually I'm using the dev words not mine, when talking about the video is the true first impressions. lol.

Then what's the reason that you're here and posting these comments? That's borderline shaming the developers for your high quality needs. If you love their work, then support them, be constructive. I've never ever said anything bad towards the work of the developers. If something left me with mixed feelings, I shared my opinion without being pessimist or telling them "oh they should have done this a long time ago".

Also, if it happens that you know how to do a better job than them, why don't you apply to work for them and help them? :)