njayminsim1115

Game play Video - Yes or No? POLL

Are you satisfied with how the game play video turned out to be?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Overall how did you like the Identity RPG game play teaser?

• I'm really happy with the video and it couldn't have been done better
    • I'm satisfied that the video came out and it looks alright
    • I'm dissatisfied with the video, the poor quality, and acting that took place
    • I am absolutely disappointed and would like a refund
  2. 2. If you could add anything what would it be?

• More gun screentime
    • More character screentime
    • More vehicle screentime
    • More drug creating screentime
    • (Other) - write in comments

It's been awhile since I've posted but I was curious to what everyone thought about the new video. So here's a poll:

My personal opinion of the video is that for the amount of money and time spent for this one video it was poorly done, the acting was unnecessary and it was too short. This is my personal opinion and you are absolutely entitled to your own personal beliefs.

If you haven't watched it yet here's the link then vote; 

Edited by njayminsim1115
  • Like 1

I admit, they could have put more efforts into Town Square, animations (which I heard they'll try motion capture aka mocap), and make a more polished trailer video. But this one is still pretty cool and showcases some neat features of the game.

Just more It was only around 2 minutes, just more, I understand that the animations and plants are place holders but I think we were all hoping for a longer video, instead of 2 minutes

Edited by MiniGypsy
Wanted to change some stuff and add

Video was great but I think a lot of people including myself were hoping for around 5 minutes, that's not to say I'm ungrateful for what we've been given but I'm hoping the town square will be even better

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I admit, they could have put more efforts into Town Square, animations (which I heard they'll try motion capture aka mocap), and make a more polished trailer video. But this one is still pretty cool and showcases some neat features of the game.

I agree the video seemed very un-polished and unprofessional. I am pleased that actual gun use was showed however.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2018 at 11:02 AM, MiniGypsy said:

Just more It was only around 2 minutes, just more, I understand that the animations and plants are place holders but I think we were all hoping for a longer video, instead of 2 minutes

I agree, GTA V trailers are much longer and well done. I get that GTA V has almost an unlimited budget, but I have seen youtube videos made my children better than the teaser.

On 13/02/2018 at 11:36 AM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Video was great but I think a lot of people including myself were hoping for around 5 minutes, that's not to say I'm ungrateful for what we've been given but I'm hoping the town square will be even better

The video was very short, agreed.

• Like 1

Probably would have liked to see more of the working of the UI, probably didn't see much of it because of that whole thing with their original UI builder being discontinued. Probably priority #1 would be those animations since that's what everyone will be seeing in the mass market.

I agree that it should have been longer. I don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff going on, but in the future they should just create the video when they can and release it without hyping it up. No date means they don't have to be pressured to release a video and if someone asks when it will come out they can say the standard "It's being worked on and we will get back to you with more information soon". Effective PR usually makes the consumer annoyed at first but in the long run works out better. No one will remember that the video didn't come out when someone wanted it to, but that it had quality and it was good.

@njayminsim1115 Hey, just a friendly reminder you can always put multiple quotes in one post. :) 

1 hour ago, NanoSpace said:

Probably priority #1 would be those animations since that's what everyone will be seeing in the mass market.

Yes I think the same way. The animations will be changed prior to release of Town Square.

1 hour ago, NanoSpace said:

I don't know any of the behind the scenes stuff going on, but in the future they should just create the video when they can and release it without hyping it up.

I agree with that. I'm not looking forward the Discord chat exploding again though.

My main concern was the graphics, the graphics looked a lot poorer than previous trailers and clips they had shown.  I keep hearing many of the objects and the foliage shown were "placeholders" so I'm hoping the overall look will improve in the finished product but if not then it definitely killed a lot of hype for me.

23 hours ago, NanoSpace said:

Probably would have liked to see more of the working of the UI, probably didn't see much of it because of that whole thing with their original UI builder being discontinued. Probably priority #1 would be those animations since that's what everyone will be seeing in the mass market.

The UI would be nice to see, but I believe the walking animations is important as well.

21 hours ago, LordBenji said:

@njayminsim1115 Hey, just a friendly reminder you can always put multiple quotes in one post. :) 

Yes I think the same way. The animations will be changed prior to release of Town Square.

I agree with that. I'm not looking forward the Discord chat exploding again though.

Yes thank you for reminding me, it's been awhile since I've been active. 

20 hours ago, BobbyL said:

My main concern was the graphics, the graphics looked a lot poorer than previous trailers and clips they had shown.  I keep hearing many of the objects and the foliage shown were "placeholders" so I'm hoping the overall look will improve in the finished product but if not then it definitely killed a lot of hype for me.

Especially the hills and "curves in the road" look poor.